trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

A haggard-looking Trump issues a video today: “Mitch McConnell is an absolute disaster .. He’s more of a Democrat than a Republican. What he is doing to this party is incredible.”
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

Excellent choice, to attack perhaps the most effective Republican in office today. I would sincerely appreciate it if you would destroy him, Mister Presinut, and render everything he does into abject failure. Like yourself.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

I dunno if you have to have account to see it, but here is a link to his full video, basically a broadside against the spending bill and anyone who votes for it.
https://truthsocial.com/users/realDonal ... 3959047377
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Has he complained whined about the release of his tax returns yet?
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

much ado wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:09 pm Has he complained whined about the release of his tax returns yet?
No but he is crowing about some case in Georgia that was reversed after lack of standing and sent back for 2020. His source is Gateway Pundit though, so...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

another review of the scam
Trump fans who buy a $99 NFT of him as a superhero will be entered to win a 'priceless' meeting at Mar-a-Lago — but they'll have to cover their own travel and lodging expenses

Kelsey Vlamis
Dec 16, 2022, 3:21 AM
  • Former President Donald Trump on Thursday announced digital trading card NFTs featuring him.
    Buyers will also be entered in a sweepstakes to meet him, with winners covering their own expenses.
    Money from sales of the NFTs will not go to the Trump campaign, according to the website.
Buyers of newly released NFTs featuring former President Donald Trump will be entered to win a 20-minute meeting with him at Mar-a-Lago, but winners will have to cover their own travel and lodging expenses, according to the project's website.

Trump announced the digital trading cards — which feature images of the former president as a superhero, an astronaut, and a Top Gun-style pilot, among others — on Thursday after hyping up a "major announcement" the day before. The trading cards are being sold as non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, for $99 each.

Although Trump in November announced his plans to run for president in 2024, money from the sale of the cards will not go to Trump's campaign, according to the website. The company behind the cards is not owned by Trump but uses his likeness and image under a paid license.

Purchasers of the card will also automatically be entered into a sweepstakes for a "chance to win 1000's of incredible prizes and meet the one and only #45!" though a purchase of a card is not required to enter the contest. According to the fine print, the prizes include 2,533 NFTs, totaling an approximate value of $54,695.

The website also approximated the cash value of the prizes that include meeting Trump as "$0/priceless."

The fine print also says that anyone who wins an in-person event, such as a meeting with the former president, would be responsible for covering any fees related to travel, lodging, meals, and other expenses related to the trip.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-n ... ng-2022-12
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

Grifters gotta grift.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy)

Post by jemcanada2 »

Let me guess. The fine print says the lodging has to be at Mar-a-Lago? :roll: :roll:
tek

trump (the former guy)

Post by tek »

Misspelled "worthless"
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:12 pm Let me guess. The fine print says the lodging has to be at Mar-a-Lago? :roll: :roll:
And the meeting is over dinner, for which you will be charged the special Secret Service rate of $8,776 for the entree and $3,223 for desert, one scoop of ice cream and a sliver of frozen Pepperidge Farm Chocolate Cake.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:58 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:12 pm Let me guess. The fine print says the lodging has to be at Mar-a-Lago? :roll: :roll:
And the meeting is over dinner, for which you will be charged the special Secret Service rate of $8,776 for the entree and $3,223 for desert, one scoop of ice cream and a sliver of frozen Pepperidge Farm Chocolate Cake.
...straight out of the cooler where the seafood is kept at 50ºF for as many days as it takes to move it.
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Stop it, you're making me hungry.

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

trump (the former guy)

Post by Maybenaut »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:02 pm
...straight out of the cooler where the seafood is kept at 50ºF for as many days as it takes to move it.
That’s exactly what I was going to say.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy)

Post by jemcanada2 »

Will it be like the “beautiful piece of chocolate cake” that tfg served to Xi?
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:20 pm
Will it be like the “beautiful piece of chocolate cake” that tfg served to Xi?
Frozen Pepperidge Farm Chocolate Cake

Which ain't bad, honestly....

humblescribe
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by humblescribe »

Suranis wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:40 pm
There is zero detail with this graphic. Total income is the subtotal on the 1040 on line 22. From that amount, deductions to arrive at adjusted gross income are permitted. Alimony paid, pension contributions for self-employed, IRA contributions, self-employed health insurance premiums are among those deductions. Then a person's itemized (or standard) deductions are subtracted from AGI.

Trump did have large net operating losses from prior years that reduced his total income. Net operating losses generated in year one can be carried back one or two years or carried forward twenty years until exhausted.

It is unclear why he has negative total income--whether from ongoing operations or whether from NOL carryforwards or a combination.

Just a little about the real estate biz: It is true that the owners can deduct depreciation from their rental properties. For residential rental property, the useful life for tax purposes is 27 ½ years. For commercial property the useful life for tax purposes is 39 years. And it is further true that some of the acquisition cost must be allocated to land, which is not depreciated. For all of his golf courses, my assumption is that there would be very little that a taxpayer could depreciate from the actual 18-hole golf course that comprises 80 acres or so. Sure, the clubhouse and landscaping (15 years BTW). For all properties it boils down to allocation of the purchase price between land, improvements, and building. But my experience is that the largest expense for real estate types is interest. And knowing what I know about tfg, I would hazard a guess that most of his debt is interest-only.

These areas would be of great interest to me, if they became known:

How does §469 (passive investment rules) affect his returns? These are exceedingly complex rules and regulations, and my bet is that he claims deductions for losses on certain properties that he should not.

Does he ever refinance properties and pull cash out, then put that cash into his pocket? Interest paid to banks on debt-financed distributions is not deductible. :fingerwag: If the cash is used to buy another piece of property, then OK, but you gotta follow the money.

Are betterments and upgrades capitalized and depreciated? Or does he slip them into repairs and deduct them? :fingerwag:

Is he using the cash basis of accounting for some entities and the accrual basis for others? Perfectly legal. But if he messes with timing between cash basis and accrual basis taxpayers, :fingerwag: Which leads me to. . .

Does he do the old Fred trick: Buy materials for $100 in ABC LLC (cash basis). Turn around and sell them (unsecured, of course) to XYZ Corp (accrual basis) for $1,000. ABC will write off the $100 as cost of goods sold, likely buried among zillions of other purchases. But no cash, no income because XYZ hasn't paid ABC yet. However, XYZ will deduct the $1,000 purchase because of the obligation. This also runs afoul of the rule that accrued expenses must be paid within 75 days after year-end, but who really watches these things, amirite? (There could be other laws at play here, but I'll ignore them for this discussion.)

No wonder the IRS cannot audit this guy. There are so many areas for irregularities, that it would take a team of at least 25 agents to pore through the original books and records and trace transactions, evaluate supporting documentation, and determine if the rules are followed. Plus another half-dozen tax lawyers with the Service to evaluate the rules under 469.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

And that's why the girl who grooms the 699th and gets paid $100 every time she comes over to do it pays far more income tax proportionately than almost any billionaire. And the rub is, she does try to do right and since she leases a van to make house calls and has a lease on space and stuff, she has to provide tax returns to finance anything and because she needs to show profits to support her debt, she can take some minimal deductions but for the most part she is trying to show a decent profit.

Sure she could pay a few bucks less if she paid a lot of bucks more for a real CPA but let's face it, the system is rigged against small business and grants immunity to large privately held businesses. (Public companies are another universe and another kettle of fish).

Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Scenes from Mar-a-Lago.
tfg is not in this video, but most of the MAL chat is here. Warning, have brain bleach on hand before clicking.
► Show Spoiler
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Trump denounces the J6 report, says the Committee is all “marxists” who covered up that FBI informants in the crowd instigated it and police opened the doors and let everyone in. Says the search at Mar-a-Lago was illegal, & Jack Smith, his family & friends are all Trump haters.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

trump (the former guy)

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:35 pm https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1605988493267595265
A haggard-looking Trump issues a video today: “Mitch McConnell is an absolute disaster .. He’s more of a Democrat than a Republican. What he is doing to this party is incredible.”
I gotta say, I'm looking forward to McConnell getting primaried by a Magot and doing so much damage that Ashley Judd easily stomps on whoever wins the GOP dogfight.

I'd really like to see Judd kick Moscow Mitch to the curb.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

has anyone seen his marbles?
Donald Trump Demands Reinstatement, Suggests Overthrowing Government

BY GIULIA CARBONARO
ON 12/21/22 AT 5:05 AM EST

In the midst of a crucial week for the former president over his role in the January 6 Capitol attack and his tax returns, Donald Trump has doubled down on his "Big Lie"—the widely debunked conspiracy theory claiming that the 2020 presidential election was stolen.

Writing on his official Truth Social account on Tuesday (one day after the January 6 committee called for criminal charges against the former president for trying to overturn the 2020 election) Trump insisted that President Joe Biden isn't the rightful leader of the country and the government should be overthrown.

Starting from a quote by conservative pundit Jesse Watters saying that "the FBI and Twitter COLLUDED to elect Joe Biden," Trump reiterates that "the 2020 Presidential Election was RIGGED & STOLEN," he wrote.

"It all began a long time ago, they SPIED on my campaign, and tried to 'RIGG' the 2016 Election, but failed. Remember, our government is doing this, not a person or party," Trump wrote.

"What should be done about such a terrible thing, or should we let someone who was elected by cheating and fraud stay in office and continue to destroy our Country?"

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-d ... nt-1768621
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

7DA894ED-4E13-4E12-9C26-88C21C32368A.png
7DA894ED-4E13-4E12-9C26-88C21C32368A.png (209.98 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

We’re trying. Lordy, are we trying. But you won’t fucking go!!
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

keith wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:34 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:35 pm https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1605988493267595265
I gotta say, I'm looking forward to McConnell getting primaried by a Magot and doing so much damage that Ashley Judd easily stomps on whoever wins the GOP dogfight.

I'd really like to see Judd kick Moscow Mitch to the curb.
I think Judd winning would require said MAGAt, or Mitch, running an Independent either after losing the primary or to avoid it.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”