Hijack This Thread

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

I have been meaning to do this, and now I have: I brought (most of) the rules over from Formerly Fogbow and installed them here, minus the 4-paragraph rule and blah blah blah.

So now everyone has to log out, delete your account, sign up again, create a new account and password (minimum 256 characters), agree to the terms and conditions and whims and dictates and fulminations and whacky ideas and just plain stupid stuff, and then sign 17 different forms consisting of 329 pages, which Jez is preparing as I write this. She's in charge of admission and administration, I'm just the idea guy.

Good luck! :loser:
Edit: I'ma change my name to Elon Foggy. :mrgreen:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas Eve Eve!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:00 pm I have been meaning to do this, and now I have: I brought (most of) the rules over from Formerly Fogbow and installed them here, minus the 4-paragraph rule and blah blah blah.

So now everyone has to log out, delete your account, sign up again, create a new account and password (minimum 256 characters), agree to the terms and conditions and whims and dictates and fulminations and whacky ideas and just plain stupid stuff, and then sign 17 different forms consisting of 329 pages, which Jez is preparing as I write this. She's in charge of admission and administration, I'm just the idea guy.

Good luck! :loser:
Edit: I'ma change my name to Elon Foggy. :mrgreen:
That reminds me. I haven't gotten my check from Soros this month. Did I screw up my timesheet again?
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

But what color ticks do we get? I want mine to be infra-violet. With a tinge of ultra-red. And sprinkles.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Marc's glitter bomb v5

RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

:rotflmao:

Foggy
Dick Tater

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Okay, that dude's cheese slipped right offa his cracker. Obsessed.

OMFG, I hope he never has kids. Can you imagine?

Child Maze 4.0: "Just try it, Johnny!" :lol:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

I think this guy has done several of these videos. I think I've seen at least two others.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Both have channels with well of a couple of million subscribers, and views per video around 100'000 at last check.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

But it’s a wholesome obsession! He has science camps too also where he teaches the next generation of engineers how work out their inventions.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I notice nobody's offering to let their own kids go through Child Maze 4.0. And you know he's gonna go there. It starts with squirrels. These things always start with squirrels. :roll:

Next it will be dogs ... rhesus monkeys ... chimpanzees ... and finally YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER, TRAPPED IN THE MAZE, SPINNING AND FLAILING, just trying to get a few nuts!

Like the squirrels got! Fer gawd's sake, just a few nuts so the children don't STARVE TO DEATH!

I've seen this movie. It doesn't have a happy ending. :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Hijack This Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

Enterprising California Teen Arrested for Making Fake Parking Tickets
The 19-year-old attempted to make a little extra money by slapping knockoff parking tickets on cars in Santa Cruz and collecting payments via QR code.
1CB78ACE-0EB0-47AB-8BCF-1D119E5BEAEE.webp
1CB78ACE-0EB0-47AB-8BCF-1D119E5BEAEE.webp (77.76 KiB) Viewed 494 times
https://jalopnik.com/california-teen-ar ... 1849931578
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

mes6x5l64o8a1.jpg
mes6x5l64o8a1.jpg (120.52 KiB) Viewed 460 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

We have immediate family members such as nephews and nieces and grandnephews and grandnieces that are Spanish, Japanese, Dutch and British. All of the grand nieces & nephews mostly all speak English, Spanish, Dutch and Japanese which is quite impressive but none of them know how to sign their damn names! I just got another package in the mail sent from Ohio where none of them live and it says only “To a wonderful Auntie”. So how the hell are you supposed to know whom to thank if they don’t sign their name witch they NEVER do! :?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

Hey, Foggy, I just learned about this Rolly New Year's Eve tradition. Are you and Wife horn going?

https://firstnightraleigh.com/performan ... -midnight/
The famous acorn drop tradition will be back in full swing this year! At 7pm, there will be an early countdown for children (anyone can attend regardless of your age though!) at City Plaza. Then at 11:59pm, we will start the countdown and drop the Acorn once more to ring in 2022 at midnight! And of course, fireworks.
Acorn-Drop-Countdown-Featured.jpg
Acorn-Drop-Countdown-Featured.jpg (133.52 KiB) Viewed 410 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

No, we've never been interested in seeing it.

It will be a quiet NYE hereabouts.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Hijack This Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:41 pm Hey, Foggy, I just learned about this Rolly New Year's Eve tradition. Are you and Wife horn going?

https://firstnightraleigh.com/performan ... -midnight/
The famous acorn drop tradition will be back in full swing this year! At 7pm, there will be an early countdown for children (anyone can attend regardless of your age though!) at City Plaza. Then at 11:59pm, we will start the countdown and drop the Acorn once more to ring in 2022 at midnight! And of course, fireworks.
Acorn-Drop-Countdown-Featured.jpg
I'm afraid that vessel has already left port.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

;)

Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

Getting old sucks!!! I read that 2022 and reminded myself to copy another article a out jt, then forgot! :bag:
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

I just had someone flustered high cause I told her my next visit will be well next year. When I intended to say next Monday, just round the corner...
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

So this crazy thing happened today:

Mr and I went out to do errands, one of which was to buy a new shower head. We went to our favorite local hardware store, and he went in while I walked our pug. I finished the walk and was waiting for him outside the hardware store when a woman also walking a pug came up. Our dogs were sniffing and we were chatting about the dogs. She spied her husband inside the store and called out “Hey Rick”.

“Oh, hey, that’s my husband’s name too”. Isn’t that funny? More chatting.

Her Rick had bought her a DeWalt small blower for Christmas and it was defective. The DeWalt blower happens to be my Rick’s favorite toy at the moment. Her Rick came out and we explained everything to him and we all exclaimed about the coincidences - husbands named Rick, pugs, the blower - and then my Rick came out and we explained everything again, this time with the other Rick chiming in, and while we were doing that Floyd the pug peed on the replacement blower box. My Rick exclaimed
“Oh God! Karen!” to get my attention and both of us women looked at him like, what? Then we looked at each other.
“Karen? Are you kidding me?”

What are the odds? I ask you. Then I bought a scratcher and won $50.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Hijack This Thread

Post by jez »

My dad's best friend from High School is named Rick. Rick married Alice after college. They had a son and named him Rick, jr. Rick, jr. married a woman named Alice.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Foggy
Dick Tater

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

For almost 3 years at Georgetown University, I dated a lady named Cathy, and her best friend was named Cathy, and her boyfriend was also named Bill Bryan. I had known him for many years before we met the two Cathys.

He was the younger brother of my best friend in high school, Brad Bryan. When I stayed with their family at the beach, he'd be Brother Bill and I'd be Cousin Bill (and just to confuse things further, Brad's girlfriend in high school was my real cousin, Mary (now Margo) Bryan).

But, as you know, the day after high school I got in my VW bus and drove off to California to be a hippy for the rest of my life. That didn't work out, so I went to Georgetown and met Cathy several years later.

Anyway, we lived in suburban Maryland, and we'd go down to Nag's Head and Kitty Hawk with our girlfriends, and check into a motel as Bill Bryan and Bill Bryan, no problem. :biggrin:
Patagoniagirl

Hijack This Thread

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:01 am So this crazy thing happened today:

Mr and I went out to do errands, one of which was to buy a new shower head. We went to our favorite local hardware store, and he went in while I walked our pug. I finished the walk and was waiting for him outside the hardware store when a woman also walking a pug came up. Our dogs were sniffing and we were chatting about the dogs. She spied her husband inside the store and called out “Hey Rick”.

“Oh, hey, that’s my husband’s name too”. Isn’t that funny? More chatting.

Her Rick had bought her a DeWalt small blower for Christmas and it was defective. The DeWalt blower happens to be my Rick’s favorite toy at the moment. Her Rick came out and we explained everything to him and we all exclaimed about the coincidences - husbands named Rick, pugs, the blower - and then my Rick came out and we explained everything again, this time with the other Rick chiming in, and while we were doing that Floyd the pug peed on the replacement blower box. My Rick exclaimed
“Oh God! Karen!” to get my attention and both of us women looked at him like, what? Then we looked at each other.
“Karen? Are you kidding me?”

What are the odds? I ask you. Then I bought a scratcher and won $50.
What a crazy good day! Serendipity. ❤️

Return to “General Stuff”