What are you driving?

mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by mojosapien »

Honda Fit 2.0 gasoline
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

What are you driving?

Post by Foggy »

Toyota Camry, just like everyone else. And I still have the van with 125,000 miles on it.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
mojosapien
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by mojosapien »

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:39 am Toyota Camry, just like everyone else. And I still have the van with 125,000 miles on it.
186K and no complaints about the powertrain.
A DUI smashed into my old Ford Focus chiliburner hatchback in 2009 and he actually did me a favor.
Definitely a hybrid the next time...don't trust the 100% EVs.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

What are you driving?

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Honda Fit manual transmission. Gasoline. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
mojosapien
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by mojosapien »

Honda Fit manual transmission. Gasoline.
:oopsy:

Bullshit.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

What are you driving?

Post by neonzx »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:02 pm Honda Fit manual transmission. Gasoline. :biggrin:
//
Hey, I learned on a manual and I am grateful for it. The other kids with "pumped up kicks" were a little jealous of my skill, I think.

Still looking for my next car.. (yeah, I have been talking about this for a year).

I like the Nissan Murano, but reviews/ratings are not stellar. I will find something.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

What are you driving?

Post by Mr brolin »

What am I driving..?

Mostly driving She Who Must Be Obeyed to Distraction via Irritation, off the freeway to "Remember, I know where you sleep every night..."

:bar:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

What are you driving?

Post by neonzx »

Mr brolin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:42 pm What am I driving..?

Mostly driving She Who Must Be Obeyed to Distraction via Irritation, off the freeway to "Remember, I know where you sleep every night..."

:bar:
So you have been Driving Ms Daisy? :biggrin:
mojosapien
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by mojosapien »

You fuckequed them up

Hey, I learned on a manual and I am grateful for it. The other kids with "pumped up kicks" were a little jealous of my skill, I think.

Still looking for my next car.. (yeah, I have been talking about this for a year).

I like the Nissan Murano, but reviews/ratings are not stellar. I will find something.
Tiredretiredlawyer

What are you driving?

mojosapien wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:13 pm Honda Fit manual transmission. Gasoline.
:oopsy:

Bullshit.
:?: First Born Son encouraged me to get the manual transmission. I have driven manual transmission in most of my cars - VW Rabbit, Honda Accord, Honda Fit.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
mojosapien
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by mojosapien »

<<Retired not me...whoops...she's in Orlando these days
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

What are you driving?

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:40 pm :snippity:

:?: First Born Son encouraged me to get the manual transmission. I have driven manual transmission in most of my cars - VW Rabbit, Honda Accord, Honda Fit.
It guarantees that no millenial will ever steal it too....also... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Azastan
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by Azastan »

My spouse drives a 2015? Chevy Silverado. I don't drive that one.

I have the 'hoss wagon' which is a 2002 Ford Focus wagon. I love this car. It can hold at least two 3-tie bales of hay, or 15 fifty pound bags of grain. Gets decent gas mileage, too.

In 2017 I bought a manual transmission Kia Soul, because my Focus was running close to 180000 miles and I figured it would eventually fail. Well, the Focus is STILL going, but ya never know, so... Gets decent mileage, but I can only carry 10 bags of grain, and the hay bales tend to stick out the back. Sadly, this is the car in which I was rear-ended by an idiot in a Jeep. She was going over the speed limit on Kent-Kangley Road by the Home Depot in Covington, WA. I had slowed down because I could see that the red light ahead of me had just changed to green but the traffic at the light hadn't started to move yet. I'd checked my rear mirror to see if anyone was close behind me when I downshifted to slow down, and she wasn't there. I looked up at my rear view mirror about a split second before she hit me and sent me head first into a massive Douglas fir at the right side of the road. My poor Kia was totaled.

But amazingly, I was unhurt except for a scratch on my knee. So I bought another Kia Soul, a 2019, which I still have. But it's an automatic, because I realized that the reason the idiot in the Jeep had rear-ended me was because everyone is used to seeing those brake lights come on, and since I downshifted, she paid no attention to the fact that the vehicle in front of her was slowing down. It gets good mileage, but it still doesn't hold much in the way of bales of hay.

And then there's the BEAST. This is the horse trailer hauler, the 'I can haul 38 bales of hay in this puppy, no problem' truck. Horrible gas mileage, but it's got 4WD, so it's the vehicle of choice for getting around in places where we are likely to get stuck in the snow.

It's a 1996 Dodge Ram2500 SLT Laramie. Extra Cab, 4X4 ( four wheel drive), long bed. 8.0 Liter V10 Gas W/ Automatic transmission.

My neighbour owned it, but when she got married several years ago, her husband came with a beautiful new horse haulin' pick me up truck of his own, so she asked me if I wanted to buy her pickup with 36000 original miles for $2500 and I said yes and went to the bank and got cash for her before she could change her mind.

It's a beast to drive, though. Huge turn radius, takes up two parking spaces because it's so long (got a trailer hitch, of course, which makes it even longer). It's fun to drive down the highway, though, because it's an old beat up pickup, and the guys driving their shiny new trucks figure I am a slowpoke--until I roll past them because it's a V10.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

What are you driving?

Post by keith »

2017 Honda Civic
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Tiredretiredlawyer

What are you driving?

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:30 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:40 pm :snippity:

It guarantees that no millenial will ever steal it too....also... :biggrin:
Good point. 'Cept my boys were both taught manual. :biggrin:
John Thomas8

What are you driving?

Post by John Thomas8 »

2005 Nissan Pathfinder.

Body has 266,000+ miles on it.

It's on it's 3rd engine, this one bought used with 66,000 miles on it.

This could be the last one I have to buy.
busterbunker

What are you driving?

Post by busterbunker »

2007 Prius. Bought it from some friends in 2015 at 110k, put another 60k on it. It's my mini-RV, you can fold down the seats and sleep comfortably in it.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by Shizzle Popped »

2020 Subaru Outback. Bought when my 2011 Mazda CX-7 started showing signs of transmission trouble. It gets 32-33 mpg on the highway if I keep some eye on my speed. Not bad for a nearly 4,000 pound full time AWD vehicle.

My wife drives a 2022 Subaru Impreza. We bought her sister's 2020 Hyundai Tucson when she got too sick to drive so she could pay some medical bills, but it was never a car my wife would have picked. 4 or 5 months ago we were able to trade the Tucson for a fully loaded Impreza with about a grand in cash. My wife is thrilled and it is kind of fun to drive.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Kendra

What are you driving?

Post by Kendra »

2020 VW Jetta. Love it, especially the heated seats.
jcolvin2
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by jcolvin2 »

2022 Toyota Highlander (Hybrid), which I had to buy in January when my 2003 Highlander was totaled.

Spouse drives a 2018 Volvo S-90 plug-in hybrid.

We are halfway to having EVs..
somerset

What are you driving?

Post by somerset »

2021 Tesla Model Y
Annrc
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by Annrc »

F150 and Hyundai Tucson. Our 1994 Camry died last year.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

What are you driving?

Post by poplove »

I drove my 2004 Toyota Sienna until it started leaking transmission fluid for a second time. Then I bought new 2017 Toyota Highlander limited. Here's my special license plate:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Attachments
eleluku.jpg
eleluku.jpg (192.37 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
Danraft

What are you driving?

Post by Danraft »

So am I the only Jeep driver? I have had a few and am not now a big fan of the Wrangler ( some Jeep enthusiasts believe this is the only real Jeep… having doors is even looked down on) and usually have the Grand Cherokee.

The damn thing just feels right. Jeeps always have something wrong with them— usually electrical) but they are all purpose (not too low not too high).

But, they’re gasoline and I want to go to hybrid or EV and charge off of solar or wind. A decentralized power grid is where we are heading and there is no reason to be stressing over gas prices or even buying power.

The Cherokee is good for off road, or bad road conditions and is also good for city traffic driving since one is high enough to have good vantage to negotiate traffic.

Newer Jeeps don’t have the magic—the Liberty was a really sour lemon…
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

What are you driving?

Post by Maybenaut »

2022 Ford Mustang Mach E GT.

Love it. We’ve had it since September and I’ve only had to charge it at public charging stations twice. Most of the time I charge it at home where we have solar power.
► Show Spoiler
My husband drives a 2018 Honda Ridgeline pickup truck. It’s really cool. The tailgate drops down and opens sideways, and there’s a trunk under the bed.

And we have a project car - a 1980 MGB. The previous owner converted it to a chrome bumper a la 1967. My husband has made some major changes as well - electronic fuel injection, electronic power steering, and a Mazda 5-speed transmission. Minor changes include all new electronic gauges and sensors, and updated headlights and taillights. He took the third taillight from a Chevy Blazer and put that on the rear just ahead of the trunk so people can see us (the pictures of MGB’s run over by semis are rather frightening). He changed out the seats and put in seats from a Pontiac Fiero. He had custom seat covers made, embroidered with the MG logo, and he added seat heaters which helps to take the chill off in the spring and fall. He had a new convertible top made, but we hardly ever use it because it’s kind of a pain to put on and take off. We watch the weather pretty carefully and only go out on nice days.
B492E9B4-71C7-4EF3-90BE-92D5DB090884.jpeg
B492E9B4-71C7-4EF3-90BE-92D5DB090884.jpeg (176.82 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Economy”