trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

My hope is that Mr Smith and the DOJ body slam him in tandem.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

I am hoping that the classified docs issue comes first. They need to start with an immaculate case that is a slam dunk with a jury, nearly any jury. It needs to be clean and simple to convey. It has to be set up to prevent every attempt to obscure the issue to create a sense of reasonable doubt. The first time in a jury trial, they cannot lose the case. The right will try to create a distraction, so only a clean case will reduce (not remove) the attempt at interference.

If they lose the first one, it is all lost.

If they manage a conviction on a clean case, they can then go for the others. The more complex ones will be easier after an initial conviction (and may stip off even more of his base).

I realize justice is supposed to be blind, and yes, proceeding in this manner can be considered an injustice to all those that were unfairly railroaded. Sadly, this is not the case to make a demonstration of what proper justice can be. This is a political case and will always be that way. The only way to make progress toward true justice is to create a strategy that can nearly guarantee a conviction from a jury that is more than just folks like us. It is not fair, but sadly, it is the life in which we currently live.

I have always said as long as the statutes of limitations will allow, he needs to lose his standing with the base before this can really work. It appears that is starting to happen. We may be at a point where more of the GOP would rather see him out of their world and so will not put much effort into backend support (which is far more powerful than his existing base).
101010 :towel:
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slarti the White »

N10,

I'm not sure that putting all of the eggs in one basket is the best strategy and I do not think that we can afford to wait on any of the prosecutions to find out whether the "first" one is successful (which could take years). Indict him in Georgia, indict him on the documents, indict him on multiple charges for January 6th, indict him on his financial shenanigans (already done), and indict him on anything else you have the evidence to support (i.e. E. Jean Carroll's case filed on Thanksgiving). Put so much evidence into the record that no coherent defense can be raised and, win or lose, his fortune will be stripped away by civil suits from all of the people he has harmed with his actions. Trump wanted things "wild"... time to fire all of our guns at once and explode into space!
SuzieC
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by SuzieC »

I think, for now, I am a proponent of the "rain down indictments" strategy. Make him face criminal charges in multiple jurisdictions. Make him spend mega millions on lawyers, none of which can be paid for by the RNC as long as he's a candidate. Make him fleece his marks daily and hourly for contributions to fund his criminal defense lawyers, and let's see how long they will stand for it. Make the nightly news be about the latest developments in Trump's criminal trials every night. Even though the news will be about Trump, it will be uniformly bad. As long as prosecutors have their ducks in a row, which I believe they will.

I was most inspired and moved to tears by Liz Cheney's remarks about her great great great grandfather fighting for the Union Army in the 21st Ohio volunteers, as my ancestors did the same. If her great great great grandfather could see her now he would know that she is fighting for the country, just the same as he did.
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

The NFT thing seems to have pissed some of the marks off.
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:40 pm The NFT thing seems to have pissed some of the marks off.
Shore did! :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
tek

trump (the former guy)

Post by tek »

OK, donnie: Let's see your proof that you asked for 10000/20000/N troops on Jan 6.

Surely that will be in the presidential records at the National Archives, you could call your friends there and produce that toot-sweet [sic].
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Donald Trump had to be told a pool of reporters would no longer follow him around because he wasn't president anymore: report

I'm sure that he probably thinks they should follow him around, not because he is a former President, but because he is the most coolest, interesting, greatest guy who ever lived. Everyone wants to know what he is doing and saying, don't they?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

tek wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:19 am OK, donnie: Let's see your proof that you asked for 10000/20000/N troops on Jan 6.

Surely that will be in the presidential records at the National Archives, you could call your friends there and produce that toot-sweet [sic].
Or turn over those papers still kept in boxes ... :twisted:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

trump (the former guy)

Post by Greatgrey »

northland10 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:03 pm I am hoping that the classified docs issue comes first.
I’m hoping the Rafsenberger call comes first. To me it’s a slam dunk, just play the recording.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

tek wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:19 am OK, donnie: Let's see your proof that you asked for 10000/20000/N troops on Jan 6.

There is no written record, because he asked for 20,000 troops in his mind, in the same way that he declassified all those documents.
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Trump wakes up this morning crying about “sinister and evil plots” against him.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

trump (the former guy)

Post by bill_g »

He wakes up every morning whining about evil plots against him.
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Like the headlines that begin,"T*&^& Furious about X!"

He's always furious; it's his ground state. All abusers do this.
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Wait, now Biden was in the microwave too?
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:47 am
Donald Trump had to be told a pool of reporters would no longer follow him around because he wasn't president anymore: report

I'm sure that he probably thinks they should follow him around, not because he is a former President, but because he is the most coolest, interesting, greatest guy who ever lived. Everyone wants to know what he is doing and saying, don't they?
Maybe he needs a Dos Equis commercial. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

He looks like an idiot in that hat all the time. Every day must be a bad hair day.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
humblescribe
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by humblescribe »

I am a wounded survivor of the trial of the Bundynistas and their Malheur Wildlife Refuge crimes. By the time all those asshats were acquitted of all charges, many felt (including me) that the government screwed up big time. The AUSA over-charged. The AUSA overwhelmed the jury with too much evidence. The AUSA mis-charged. I think all those factors led the jurors to acquit. A couple of them said that it was obvious there were crimes committed, but they perceived a disconnect with what was presented versus the crimes charged. They had no option but to acquit.

So, I feel that tRump should be charged with the simplest and easiest one or two crimes at the outset. Crimes where the evidence can be gift-wrapped for the jury, and evidence that is easy to present and understand. There are public records of him admitting to certain crimes like the unlawful taking of government property. We don't want a protracted trial. A couple days for the prosecution and however long his defense lawyers need to put on their production. Let Donnie take the stand if he chooses to show his "frame of mind."

Get a conviction or two on the low-hanging fruit first. Get a sentence from the judge. Then file the more difficult charges. I believe that any conviction will have the mainstream Rs running for cover and invoking the 14th Amendment to get him out of the race. Too, also, if tRump is no longer a candidate, there might be more individuals willing to come forward to testify on the more serious charges in exchange for some sort of immunity.

As a postscript, I am waiting with bated breath whether tfg has a "pocket pardon to himself" stashed among Melanoma's unmentionables at the ready in case he is indicted.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slarti the White »

humblescribe,

While I agree that the Special Counsel can't afford to fuck this up, I don't think that limiting charging to a single issue (especially the documents case which pales in comparison to trying to overturn a lawful election) is a good idea here. I have no clue how they will try this, but I believe all of the indictments should be brought at once. It has to be made clear that this isn't a political witch hunt but rather an attempt to hold a former president accountable for serious and unprecedented crimes against the very foundation of our Republic. This isn't like anything that has ever come before and Trump is clearly willing to burn the country down if he thinks it will save him. This is a case where there is no such thing as "overkill".

Just my opinion.
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Gift link: Live Updates: House Committee Approves Release of Trump’s Taxes
A long-awaited vote secures the release of Trump’s tax information.

The House Ways and Means Committee voted Tuesday to publicly release the tax returns of former President Donald J. Trump, the culmination of a yearslong battle during which he defied modern tradition by keeping his finances confidential during his campaign and while in office.

Here’s what to know:

After debating behind closed doors for hours on Tuesday afternoon into the evening, the Democrat-controlled committee approved the release of six years’ worth of Mr. Trump’s tax returns. But it could take some time before anything is available to the public.

Democrats have said they needed those records to assess an I.R.S. program that audits presidents. Republicans have insisted that rationale was a pretext for a politically motivated fishing expedition. Even before the hearing, committee Republicans made their view clear, holding a news conference in front of a bright red sign that read, “Dangerous new political weapon.”

While the public release of the documents will provide the most up-to-date information about Mr. Trump’s finances, much is already known. The New York Times in 2020 released findings of an investigation into Mr. Trump’s tax-return data covering more than two decades. He paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined; he also reduced his tax bill with questionable measures, including a $72.9 million tax refund that, as of 2020, was the subject of an I.R.S. audit.

Prosecutors in New York had already obtained access to some Trump-related tax data, and his family business has been the subject of multiple investigations. The Trump Organization was convicted of a tax fraud scheme this month in a case brought by Manhattan prosecutors, and the New York attorney general has sued Mr. Trump and three of his children, accusing them of lying to lenders and insurers by fraudulently overvaluing his assets.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

trump (the former guy)

Post by Greatgrey »

What time is it?

Oh… looks like it’s about 1040 o’clock.

Oh, and there was no audit!
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

trump (the former guy)

Post by Maybenaut »

humblescribe wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:04 pm I am a wounded survivor of the trial of the Bundynistas and their Malheur Wildlife Refuge crimes. By the time all those asshats were acquitted of all charges, many felt (including me) that the government screwed up big time. The AUSA over-charged. The AUSA overwhelmed the jury with too much evidence. The AUSA mis-charged. I think all those factors led the jurors to acquit. A couple of them said that it was obvious there were crimes committed, but they perceived a disconnect with what was presented versus the crimes charged. They had no option but to acquit.

So, I feel that tRump should be charged with the simplest and easiest one or two crimes at the outset. Crimes where the evidence can be gift-wrapped for the jury, and evidence that is easy to present and understand. There are public records of him admitting to certain crimes like the unlawful taking of government property. We don't want a protracted trial. A couple days for the prosecution and however long his defense lawyers need to put on their production. Let Donnie take the stand if he chooses to show his "frame of mind."

Get a conviction or two on the low-hanging fruit first. Get a sentence from the judge. Then file the more difficult charges. I believe that any conviction will have the mainstream Rs running for cover and invoking the 14th Amendment to get him out of the race. Too, also, if tRump is no longer a candidate, there might be more individuals willing to come forward to testify on the more serious charges in exchange for some sort of immunity.

As a postscript, I am waiting with bated breath whether tfg has a "pocket pardon to himself" stashed among Melanoma's unmentionables at the ready in case he is indicted.
Even if the government overcharged (I don’t think they did), there is no way the guy caught with the government vehicle in town should have been acquitted.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”