trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Gene Kooper

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gene Kooper »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:23 am If this is true, it will probably come out who it was. I hope.
It was Eric. :mrgreen:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

Saudi Arabia?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:35 pm Saudi Arabia?
One tweet I saw speculated just that; that he did it in order to launder money from a dirty source(s) into his pockets. If that were the case, though, why limit it to 45,000 and $4.45M?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

noblepa wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:50 pm
One tweet I saw speculated just that; that he did it in order to launder money from a dirty source(s) into his pockets. If that were the case, though, why limit it to 45,000 and $4.45M?
Seriously, this is some penny ante bs for a supposed multi-billionaire.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

trump (the former guy)

Post by johnpcapitalist »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:55 pm
Exactly. Far better to channel investment $$ to Jared. He can put the $2 billion in T-bills and call that "investing." Then he can harvest at least 2% management fees every year basically forever. Of course, they may have given him a sweetheart agreement where he can charge a lot more.

It would be interesting to delve into whether he has registered as an investment advisor and set up an investment advisory firm, and if he has, to see if Trump has an ownership interest in it. I know you'd have to declare that for a broker/dealer, but I don't know how it works for an investment advisory firm. I don't know how they could give him money without being an officially registered investment advisor, but I'm sure there's a way they could fly under the radar, legal or not, so they wouldn't have to reveal that.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

trump (the former guy)

Post by Mr brolin »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:55 pm
There is a difference between his purported "billions" and his liquidity. The vast majority of his alleged wealth is locked up in very illiquid assets like property, much highly leveraged as well as intangibles such as him lending his name for branding which are held by various holding companies, not personally.

I am willing to bet he expenses most of the spending he does or does forgivable loans that get written off. Having actual cash money, with all the investigations on his financial shenanigans would probably be very attractive right now....
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Mr brolin wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:52 pm There is a difference between his purported "billions" and his liquidity. The vast majority of his alleged wealth is locked up in very illiquid assets like property, much highly leveraged as well as intangibles such as him lending his name for branding which are held by various holding companies, not personally.

I am willing to bet he expenses most of the spending he does or does forgivable loans that get written off. Having actual cash money, with all the investigations on his financial shenanigans would probably be very attractive right now....
I have always been skeptical of his status as a billionaire. As you point out, while he may control billions of dollars in assets, rumor has it that most are mortgaged to the hilt. Couple that with the fact that, if appraised honestly, rather than using his self-serving valuations, many might be underwater.

One is rightly considered a billionaire if one's NET WORTH exceeds $1B. I suspect that his net worth is nowhere near a billion, even using his inflated property values.

I have always thought that he was living on cash-flow. But then, I've also heard that some of his most prestigious properties are underperforming. Trump Tower, for example, I believe has an occupancy rate that is well below the average for Manhattan.
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

Y’all are totally missing the game!!

This is just the first offering in the trading card series. Inside certain cards, but you won’t know which ones, is a classified document from his stolen stash. You’ll see, next series will be snapped up within an hour.

Block chain is the perfect secret/money transfer vehicle. No one understands it (present company excepted).
Volkonski
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Volkonski »

So if you get a Trump trading card containing a golden ticket you get a tour of Trump's chocolate factory?

;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
humblescribe
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by humblescribe »

So, if he licensed his name for these ephemeral items, I really do not think that he will receive 100% of the proceeds.

There has to be something in this for the people in this LLC, no?

I really don't think he will receive the entire $4.45 million. Maybe half; maybe more, but not the whole enchilada.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:50 pm So if you get a Trump trading card containing a golden ticket you get a tour of Trump's chocolate factory?

;)
A Dark Chocolate Factory, perhaps?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellne ... smsnnews11
Lead and Cadmium Could Be in Your Dark Chocolate

Consumer Reports found dangerous heavy metals in chocolate from Hershey's, Theo, Trader Joe's and other popular brands. Here are the ones that had the most, and some that are safer.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:29 pm
Volkonski wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:50 pm So if you get a Trump trading card containing a golden ticket you get a tour of Trump's chocolate factory?

;)
A Dark Chocolate Factory, perhaps?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellne ... smsnnews11
Lead and Cadmium Could Be in Your Dark Chocolate

Consumer Reports found dangerous heavy metals in chocolate from Hershey's, Theo, Trader Joe's and other popular brands. Here are the ones that had the most, and some that are safer.
Killjoy! ;)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:lol:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:22 pm I have the best polls!
C9F7717E-7CF0-4244-B8C4-71F249653182.png
Obviously, he only looks at the bar charts that show how he is leading right now. Somebody actually interested in how well he is doing would look at trends.

A three month trend was on the same image he posted.
Screenshot_20221216_040149.png
Screenshot_20221216_040149.png (10.47 KiB) Viewed 842 times
Yeah, he is dropping.

In a much longer period, with many candidates (I only clipped at the top 4 rows), he's dropping and Desantis is growing.
Screenshot_20221216_035955.png
Screenshot_20221216_035955.png (56.1 KiB) Viewed 842 times
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/16/us/p ... ittee.html
WASHINGTON — A House committee is expected to vote on Tuesday on whether to make public six years of former President Donald J. Trump’s tax records, in what would be a significant act of transparency in the waning days of Democratic control of the House.

The Ways and Means Committee gave notice on Friday that it would meet behind closed doors at 3 p.m. on Tuesday for what is expected to be a vote on whether to release some data from Mr. Trump’s tax returns from 2015 to 2020, including the possibility of sharing the filings. The panel obtained the information from the Treasury Department last month.

Such a vote, which Republicans are likely to oppose, would be the culmination of a nearly four-year battle stemming from Mr. Trump’s decision to break with modern precedent and refuse to disclose his personal financial information as a presidential candidate and then as a sitting president.

For now, lawmakers remain constrained by law about what they can say about the matter. Representative Richard E. Neal, Democrat of Massachusetts, who as the chairman of the Ways and Means Committee requested Mr. Trump’s tax returns from the Treasury Department, said it concerned “documents protected under Internal Revenue Code Section 6103.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump (the former guy)

Post by neonzx »

LOL

You are never going to see a single record of Trump's taxes. Just sayin'
That ship sailed.
humblescribe
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by humblescribe »

I wonder how much our muroid contributor can tell us about tfg's latest woes over yonder in Éire:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-family-l ... se-1767801

Is this a nothing burger, or is this something that he (or his issue) will have to remedy?
humblescribe
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by humblescribe »

neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:06 pm LOL

That ship sailed.
While I agree in principle, I do think that there will be selected information released leaked to the public. Perhaps total income and tax liability.

I assume that his returns are quite complicated. They are beyond the understanding of most folks. Most people can relate to wages and other routine types of income. But when the supplemental income schedule (Schedule E, pages 1 and 2), plus the dreaded line 21 (or 22 -- it changes) with "other income" has a bunch of weird stuff, people are going to tune out.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump (the former guy)

Post by neonzx »

humblescribe wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:33 pm
neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:06 pm LOL

That ship sailed.
While I agree in principle, I do think that there will be selected information released leaked to the public. Perhaps total income and tax liability.

I assume that his returns are quite complicated. They are beyond the understanding of most folks. Most people can relate to wages and other routine types of income. But when the supplemental income schedule (Schedule E, pages 1 and 2), plus the dreaded line 21 (or 22 -- it changes) with "other income" has a bunch of weird stuff, people are going to tune out.
But that is why we have journalists on Twitter to get the experts to help us drill down to understand what what we are looking at.

Oh, what? The journalists are terminated on Twitter? Well, damn. :faint:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

the J6 defendant :lol:

https://twitter.com/bakedalaska/status/ ... 2618702848
Baked Alaska™️@bakedalaska

i can’t believe i’m going to jail for an nft salesman 😔
8:42 PM · Dec 15, 2022
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Can’t believe that POS is back on Twitter and Rupar is off.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gupwalla

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gupwalla »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:43 pm
Block chain is the perfect secret/money transfer vehicle. No one understands it (present company excepted).
Not perfect, not secret.

Obfuscated, yes, but not really any more than your old-fashioned numbered Swiss bank accounts.

Every bit of data on a blockchain is there forever (or for as long as any computer tied to the chain stays functioning). Most crypto houses outsource their data processing to AWS or some other data center provider. There are lots of copies of lots of blockchains. Bankruptcy or rig-pulling doesn’t get rid of that data. The chain can’t be edited, the chain can’t be hacked — all the fancy cryptography is there to protect the validity of that historical data - but it sure can be dissected and mapped on the Spider Board of Doom in the subbasement of the Treasury building.
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

humblescribe wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:10 pm I wonder how much our muroid contributor can tell us about tfg's latest woes over yonder in Éire:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-family-l ... se-1767801

Is this a nothing burger, or is this something that he (or his issue) will have to remedy?
Honestly, I have no idea. Sorry. :cry:
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

trump (the former guy)

Post by bill_g »

It appears Trump will reap royalties from the resale of these cards in perpetuity.

https://www.collecttrumpcards.com/nft-owner-agreement

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:41 am It appears Trump will reap royalties from the resale of these cards in perpetuity.

https://www.collecttrumpcards.com/nft-owner-agreement

This is not my interpretation. It's more likely a standard service fee for the platform to account for running it.

Apart, as was explained in the lenghty analysis upthread, who wants to buy the NFT that guarantees the rightful ownership of a set of image generating paramters in a clear text file. As described iirc, the generator website was not checking the valid ownership of a set of parameters.

Go and buy Barbie and Ken and play with their costumes, you will have more fun.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”