X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Kendra

Twitter

Post by Kendra »

Donie O'Sullivan was just on CNN with Anderson Cooper. Apparently he was on last night with the young gentleman who had the airplane tracking thingy last night and today KABOOM, he gets a permanently suspended notice.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

You want to know what pisses me off more than anything? This does: https://thefogbow.com/forum/search.php? ... mit=Search
All those broken links, many without text because he is always posting video.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Damn. Aaron Rupar is the first tweet I read for the day. I know I've linked plenty of his tweets here because I knew he wasn't going to willy-nilly delete them. They were secure.

Edited to add - Elon Musk is evil.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

RVInit wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:23 pm
Danraft wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:21 pm Gawd this irks me….
The world’s richest man…

Not anymore. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... r-AA15gxSZ
Bernard Arnault, the chairman of French luxury goods giant LVMH (LVMHF), has just become the first European to top Bloomberg’s list of the world’s richest people, relegating Elon Musk to second place.

Now worth $171 billion, Arnault’s wealth eclipsed the Tesla CEO’s $164 billion fortune on Tuesday, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Arnault had already ousted Musk from the top spot on Forbes’ list of “Real Time Billionaires” last week.

Musk’s net worth has tumbled by $107 billion this year, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Arnault’s wealth, which stems from his controlling stake in LVMH, has suffered a more modest $7 billion decline.

The divergence is partly down to the stock performance of the companies in which the pair own shares. Musk’s purchase of Twitter (TWTR) hasn’t helped either. Still, he is in no imminent danger of falling further down the list: His fortune remains comfortably bigger than that of Indian industrialist Gautam Adani ($125 billion) and Amazon (AMZN) founder Jeff Bezos ($116 billion), who rank third and fourth on Bloomberg’s list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on- ... 1-percent/
The data has confirmed all of our suspicions: one in five chief executives are psychopaths. At least, that’s what was found by a recent study of 261 senior corporate professionals in the United States.

What exactly is a psychopath? Webster’s Dictionary defines the condition as “a person who is mentally ill, who does not care about other people, and who is usually dangerous or violent and affected with antisocial personality disorder.” Yeah, that pretty much describes me on some days…and my entire client base most of the time!

“Typically psychopaths create a lot of chaos and generally tend to play people off against each other,” Nathan Brooks, a forensic psychologist and the lead researcher of the study said in this report from The Telegraph. “For psychopaths, it [corporate success] is a game and they don’t mind if they violate morals. It is about getting where they want in the company and having dominance over others.”
They gravitate toward this type of position. My husband worked for one thirty years ago. We talk about psychopaths and have always figured Richard's picture was next to the definition.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:23 pm You want to know what pisses me off more than anything? This does: https://thefogbow.com/forum/search.php? ... mit=Search
Perhaps if everyone STOPPED using Twitter, or at least TOOK SCREENSHOTS, those posts would remain so that we all knew what was being discussed. But no one wants to do that because it's too much work and too much trouble.

I've muted several people here, not because they don't often have beneficial information to contribute, but because they INSIST upon only providing a link to a Twitter post, sometimes several links to Twitter in a row. Then the post goes 'poof' and it's no longer valuable information, but simply a drag on load time.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Azastan wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:35 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:23 pm You want to know what pisses me off more than anything? This does: https://thefogbow.com/forum/search.php? ... mit=Search
Perhaps if everyone STOPPED using Twitter, or at least TOOK SCREENSHOTS, those posts would remain so that we all knew what was being discussed. But no one wants to do that because it's too much work and too much trouble.

I've muted several people here, not because they don't often have beneficial information to contribute, but because they INSIST upon only providing a link to a Twitter post, sometimes several links to Twitter in a row. Then the post goes 'poof' and it's no longer valuable information, but simply a drag on load time.
Most of Rupar's posts are videos, it isn't trivial to rip the video and host it elsewhere for posterity. I (and many others) generally try to make an effort to provide alternative info, even though it takes me much longer on my phone, so I'm having trouble not taking this personally. I'm not looking for a pat on the back, but you are painting with an awfully broad brush.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Twitter

Musk is claiming (on Twitter) that all the permanently suspended journalists doxxed him. FWIW.
Kendra

Twitter

Post by Kendra »

Statement on tonight's suspension of CNN's
@donie
O'Sullivan:
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:39 pm

but you are painting with an awfully broad brush.
My point is, once those posts have been deleted, no one knows what they are unless someone's bothered to make a screen shot, or in this case, ripped the video.

I've been reduced to using a tablet for several weeks due to my back, and it's tiring to see posts when I can't view the post due to the incredibly slow internet connection I have.

Don't take it personally, but Foggy has already pointed out that Twitter isn't going to be the means of communicating in the future.

If the people most followed aren't on some other social media, urge them to change.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:44 pm
Statement on tonight's suspension of CNN's
@donie
O'Sullivan:
https://twitter.com/CNNPR/status/1603579612612665344
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

Musk seems to be acting like a reactor, not someone who goes by a rational plan and sticks to it. If so, posting stuff that he said months ago is useless, as even if he meant it at the time it wont be in his head when he is issuing orders right now. All that will be in his head is whatever has annoyed him, what has pleased him, or whatever shiny has captured his attention right now.
Hic sunt dracones
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

I’m guilty of not doing a screenshot of a tweet. I will generally take the extra info of the URL after the “?” off(which maybe shortens load time).

Is it possible in settings (either under Fogbow settings or your browser settings) to not load hyperlinks or images? Dunno, but while I often have slow load time … restarting my router, or disconnecting and reconnecting from my router, or clearing my cache… all help a LOT.

That said, Twitter may not be (“I’ve seen enough” I will will be doing Post and Mastadon (as well as Twitter for a bit)) the great general service up to date and most useful social media platform for real news— some other platform(s) will take their place.

Likely, they will not be any faster to load than Twitter.

And, the primary I don’t do all that stuff to make it easier for others with horrible internet isn’t that I don’t care, but that I am on a mobile device (not a desktop or laptop) and on a device without a keyboard or cursor and a very small input area it is damn near (i started to type impossible— pick a less strong word).
much ado

Twitter

Post by much ado »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:43 pm Musk is claiming (on Twitter) that all the permanently suspended journalists doxxed him. FWIW.
How can Elon Musk be doxxed? What does that mean?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

Am I the only one around here who has never been on Twitter?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

Twitter is/was hella useful. There is a reason so many links here on Fogbow went to Twitter links.
much ado

Twitter

Post by much ado »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:59 pm Am I the only one around here who has never been on Twitter?
I had an account, but never posted, and have deleted it.

Have you never clicked on a Twitter post from a posting here?
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

Probably referring to an automated Twitter account that would give the current location of Musk’s airplane. It used and openly available tool where one just has to put in the plane’s ID number.

Musk was aware of this and said he was ok with it.

Then, he changed his mind. He also blocked accounts that did the same thing for Russian oligarchs. He did not block those that did the same thing for Bezos, Air Force One, and other accounts. Up to each person to guess why it was preferential and not consistent…
much ado wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:59 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:43 pm Musk is claiming (on Twitter) that all the permanently suspended journalists doxxed him. FWIW.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

much ado wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:01 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:59 pm Am I the only one around here who has never been on Twitter?
I had an account, but never posted, and have deleted it.

Have you never clicked on a Twitter post from a posting here?
For a lot of time, I couldn't see tweets, but I almost always have on Fogbow 2.0. I read them sometimes here, but I have clicked by mistake and ended up on the site. Maybe two or three times when I've landed by mistake, I've read a few of the comments, but usually I close out the page. I've never had an account.
raison de arizona

Twitter

much ado wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:59 pm
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 8.05.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 8.05.55 PM.png (32.13 KiB) Viewed 447 times
There was an incident with his kid and a car and something something.
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

They posted that he lived in San Francisco, right?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Twitter

Post by Kendra »

Me too. Only via web browser.
Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

Danraft wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:58 pm I’m guilty of not doing a screenshot of a tweet. I will generally take the extra info of the URL after the “?” off(which maybe shortens load time).

Is it possible in settings (either under Fogbow settings or your browser settings) to not load hyperlinks or images? Dunno, but while I often have slow load time … restarting my router, or disconnecting and reconnecting from my router, or clearing my cache… all help a LOT.

That said, Twitter may not be (“I’ve seen enough” I will will be doing Post and Mastadon (as well as Twitter for a bit)) the great general service up to date and most useful social media platform for real news— some other platform(s) will take their place.

Likely, they will not be any faster to load than Twitter.

And, the primary I don’t do all that stuff to make it easier for others with horrible internet isn’t that I don’t care, but that I am on a mobile device (not a desktop or laptop) and on a device without a keyboard or cursor and a very small input area it is damn near (i started to type impossible— pick a less strong word).
I routinely clear my cache, and we have the electricity go out often enough that the router resets itself every week or so (snow and windy conditions play havoc with the power lines).

It doesn't help that my spouse is usually on a laptop at the same time as I am on my tablet. I can't get internet service inside the house on my phone (and have to wander around my property to find a signal at all).

But the rest of my plaint remains: if someone decides to delete a post they've made on whatever social media platform is being used, the only way a record of it remains is if a screenshot is made.

It's obvious that Twitter is no longer a viable platform, and think of how much information has been lost because people figured that it was easier to just link to a post.

It's a teachable moment, so let's learn from it.
raison de arizona

Twitter

:thumbsup:
Reddog

Twitter

Post by Reddog »

Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:15 pm
Me too. Only via web browser.
Same here

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”