Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

DrConspiracy
Verified:

Twitter

Post by DrConspiracy »

neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:21 pm ...

I've not experienced my feed being polluted by persons I do not follow. Maybe I have some switch set. Or maybe it's because I have my feed toggled to show "newest" and not the default sort where twitter decides for me what tweets I should read. Perhaps that default "top" tweets sort is what "suggests" tweets of persons they think I may be interested in because someone I follow follows said nutjob person.
That's exactly the issue. There is a little "Star" icon on your Twitter homepage at the top right of the center column that allows you to choose between "top tweets" and "latest tweets." The former is what I had set (defaulted?) and it was filled with stupid (I'm starting to study stupidity and am going to use the word more in the future), but when I set it to "latest tweets" I get tweets from those whom I follow. It's two radically distinct ways of looking at Twitter. I should point out that this setting is not easy to find, even when you're looking for it.

[And when I switched to "latest," my feed changed from hate speech to boring speech. I was following WaPo, the Times and Reuters, accounts that tweet a lot.]
jemcanada2

Twitter

Post by jemcanada2 »

Musk could have let most off the Twitter employees keep working from home and got rid of the office buildings Twitter was renting. But no. Instead he insists that the employees come to work (and to sleep) in the buildings that he won’t pay rent on now. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Methinks the Twitter landlord would take action on nonpayment.
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:47 am Methinks the Twitter landlord would take action on nonpayment.
Unless Mr Richest person on earth is threatening never ending lawsuits to bankrupt the landlord if they try.
Hic sunt dracones
jemcanada2

Twitter

Post by jemcanada2 »

Suranis wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:11 am
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:47 am Methinks the Twitter landlord would take action on nonpayment.
Unless Mr Richest person on earth is threatening never ending lawsuits to bankrupt the landlord if they try.
It’s worked for tfg for decades. :mad: :mad:
somerset

Twitter

Post by somerset »

jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:13 am
But he's not dependent on advertising dollars for cash flow. Advertisers will start to abandon the platform if they think their brand will be damaged by Twitter's reputation.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

:shrug: I’ve come to believe his mission is to burn it to the ground. He’s making good progress so far.
jemcanada2

Twitter

Post by jemcanada2 »

somerset wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:19 am
jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:13 am

But he's not dependent on advertising dollars for cash flow. Advertisers will start to abandon the platform if they think their brand will be damaged by Twitter's reputation.
I think we passed that off ramp a few exits back. :lol: :lol:

Hasn’t Twitter already lost the majority of its advertisers even after (especially after?) Musk threatened them?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:38 am
This guy did that? I find that hard to believe. He's all about free speech and stuff.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

Does he really think that’ll stop them tracking his planes? They’ll just move to another platform.
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:27 pm Does he really think that’ll stop them tracking his planes? They’ll just move to another platform.
This is from the guy who baselessly called a former executive a pedo, forcing him to flee his house.
raison de arizona

Twitter

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:32 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:27 pm Does he really think that’ll stop them tracking his planes? They’ll just move to another platform.
This is from the guy who baselessly called a former executive a pedo, forcing him to flee his house.
rwnj radio yesterday was tying themselves in knots pretending that the former exec was a public figure, and as such fair game. :crazy:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Twitter

https://mastodon.social/@elonjet
And he's trying to get his $8 back.
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

Stick the number into this.

https://planefinder.net/

Ooooh I'm so threatening.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Twitter

Suranis wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:52 pm Stick the number into this.

https://planefinder.net/

Ooooh I'm so threatening.
Look at Suranis, telling us where we can stick our numbers. :lol:
raison de arizona

Twitter

What? Musk has a half-baked plan that is unlikely to comply with EU regulations? Say it ain't so!
Reports of Musk forcing tracking ads on Twitter put him on a costly collision course with EU privacy laws

Twitter’s lead privacy regulator in the European Union is being kept very busy indeed by Elon Musk’s erratic piloting of the bird site.

Following a report by Platformer, which suggests Musk is planning to force users to accept personalized advertising unless they pay for a subscription service that will include an opt-out for ads, the Irish Data Protection Commission (DPC) told us it is reviewing the matter.

This adds to a growing pile of data protection concerns piling up on its desk — let’s call these the real ‘Twitter Files’ — such as Musk providing access to Twitter systems to non-staff reporters (um, security and privacy anyone?); the status of Twitter’s main establishment in Ireland (and, therefore, the streamlined situation it currently enjoys with the DPC leading oversight of its compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, aka the GDPR); and whether Twitter has adequate compliance staff and appropriate resources to deal with all the inbound enquiries from regulators and users (such as requests for deletion of data) since Musk took an axe to halve company headcount, to name a small portion of the regulatory chaos he’s kicked up in very short order.

Under the GDPR Twitter needs a valid legal basis to process personal data, such as tracking and profiling users to target them with ads.

Consent is one of the legal bases that can be possible under the GDPR — but you can’t force users to consent; consent must be freely given if it’s to meet the legal bar. Ergo, forcing users to pay up or else be tracked and targeted looks unlikely to pass muster with EU regulators.
:snippity:
https://techcrunch.com/2022/12/14/elon- ... ds-europe/

In other news, my Twitter feed is becoming increasingly kerflooey. I'm starting to get a bunch of random crap in it that I haven't seen before. Not all of it, but weird stuff is creeping in. Dunno.
raison de arizona

Twitter

For completeness, Twitter has also bannned the accounts that tracked Russian oligarch's aircraft.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Asking for it to be fixed implies that removing Ukraine's country code is broken, not intentional.
Paul Massaro @apmassaro3 wrote: Twitter has de-platformed Ukraine. This needs fixed immediately @elonmusk @TwitterSupport
raison de arizona

Twitter

Twitter is blocking links to ELon's Jet on other platforms as "harmful." In the meantime, trackers for Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and others (excepting Russian oligarchs) stay up.
Ken Klippenstein @kenklippenstein wrote: Twitter is blocking links to the Elon Musk’s Jet Instagram account, which it calls “potentially harmful”
Bwahahahaha!
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Twitter

Can't have that.
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 5.00.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 5.00.20 PM.png (317.94 KiB) Viewed 398 times
raison de arizona

Twitter

Looks like they are starting to purge anti-conservative accounts. I'm so surprised. Still sucks though.
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 5.21.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 5.21.44 PM.png (192.05 KiB) Viewed 385 times
@Acyn and Filipkowski are still there, but I'll bet their days are numbered.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

OMG, Aaron Rupar? That's surreal, man. You know that guy didn't do anything banworthy.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

He's gonna ban all the libruls and call it fair play, isn't he? :sick:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Twitter

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:28 pm He's gonna ban all the libruls and call it fair play, isn't he? :sick:
That's my guess.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”