trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:41 pm The comments on Free Republic are hilarious, running about 95/5% aghast/supportive. DeSantis is having a good day.
if not running for Speaker, etc., I'm betting most MAGAts were thinking this is finally the arrest of Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, Reid (yeah, I know he's dead), et al. Big ol' Q drop right there.
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Cohen hilariously shreds Trump for his new NFT grift
New Turtle

trump (the former guy)

Post by New Turtle »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Look at the post above this one, and the one before that. (Thank you, New Turtle and Kendra.)

That's what we're losing because of Elon Freakin' Musk.

In the future, we at the Fogbow will not have access to important information like this on Twitter.

We're gonna have to try to find all the information we thrive and survive upon on other sites. We're going to lose Twitter, and I hope we can be ready.

We're gonna follow Mastodon.

Post.

Whatever else we need to do. If'n we have to compartmentalize, that's a five syllable word, so obviously we'll have to have at least five compartments in the ... uh, in the group. Yeah.

Moving forward into the 21st century is what we do here.

I don't anticipate any problems.

I anticipate work, but not problems. :smoking:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MN-Skeptic

trump (the former guy)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Here's a Twitter thread of an individual who bought one of the NFTs to see what's what -

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

trump (the former guy)

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:45 pm
OMG! Trump isn’t even the one selling these. He licensed his name, likeness and image to a random NFT company.
Yeah, he likes to license his name. He doesn't have to do squat to get money.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

trump (the former guy)

Post by keith »

noblepa wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:56 pm :snippity:

When we were kids, trading cards were printed on card stock and could be, well, traded. "I'll give you a Mickey Mantle and a Bob Feller for one Babe Ruth". That was at least half the fun. With jpegs (or, presumably, nfts) there is no need to trade anything. You just make a copy and send it to a friend.
My best trade ever was Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, and Ernie Banks for Al Kaline.

I had 3 or 4 of the one's I traded, but I couldn't find a Kaline for ages.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Meanwhile, in a pantry in Palm Beach, The Heinz salesman is on speed dial.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

I have the best polls!
C9F7717E-7CF0-4244-B8C4-71F249653182.png
C9F7717E-7CF0-4244-B8C4-71F249653182.png (191.79 KiB) Viewed 946 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

trump (the former guy)

Post by Greatgrey »

MAGAs can’t figure out how to collect their booty.
More examples in the tweet.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

New Turtle wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:05 pm https://twitter.com/kenbensinger/status ... 3548075009
Ken Bensinger@kenbensinger

The company that licensed Trump's image and likeness for the $99 NFT trading cards appears to be one founded in 2021 by former Trump advisor Nick Luna and current Trump lawyer John Marion.

Its mailing address is the same as the Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach.
12:16 AM · Dec 16, 2022
:cantlook: :brickwallsmall:
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:04 pm Here's a Twitter thread of an individual who bought one of the NFTs to see what's what -

https://twitter.com/ErrataRob/status/16 ... 2628928513
(sorry if duplicated - I am catching up late here)
Donald Trump Announces $99 Digital Trading Card NFTs
The edition of 45,000 NFTs features the former president in various fantasy costumes and poses. It will be minted on Polygon.

By Cam Thompson
AccessTimeIconDec 15, 2022 at 6:34 p.m. Updated Dec 15, 2022 at 8:19 p.m.

Former President Donald Trump released a collection of 45,000 fantasy non-fungible tokens (NFT), he announced on Thursday via Truth Social, the social media site he founded last year.

According to the collection's website, the Trump Digital Trading Cards feature images of the president in a style similar to collectible baseball cards. The tokens, minted on Polygon, cost $99 and can be purchased with ether (ETH) or in fiat currency.

At the end of the checkout process, customers are prompted to choose how many Trump Trading Cards they want to purchase. The pop-up promotes a guaranteed ticket to a gala dinner with Trump for purchasing 45 NFTs at once, as seen in the screenshot below. This would cost a customer $4455.

Wikipedia wrote:Polygon Blockchain

Polygon is an Indian blockchain platform that enables blockchain networks to connect and scale. It aims to create a multi-chain blockchain ecosystem compatible with Ethereum. As with Ethereum, it uses a proof-of-stake consensus mechanism for processing transactions on-chain while deriving its security from Ethereum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygon_(blockchain)
So now we know why Don Jr recently made a business trip to India and bragged about it (we discussed it likely in the Spawn thread).

To note that create 45000 copies of the same thing and selling each with it's own NFT certificate just drives the idea behind NFTs to the absurd, a non-valeur.

A NFT ought to guarantee the uniquness of a digital asset, not one out of millions. Technically the NFT certificate would allow the owner to sue some other entity for stealing and reusing their digital asset (eg unique jpg image).

So now we know thy Don Jr did travel to
https://www.coindesk.com/web3/2022/12/1 ... card-nfts/
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:45 pm Meanwhile, in a pantry in Palm Beach, The Heinz salesman is on speed dial.
Trump ketchup prison ediftion.jpg
Trump ketchup prison ediftion.jpg (41.51 KiB) Viewed 880 times
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:04 pm Here's a Twitter thread of an individual who bought one of the NFTs to see what's what -

https://twitter.com/ErrataRob/status/16 ... 2628928513

This is an absolute To Read thread, ErrataRob explores the inside of these NFTs.

:cantlook: :cantlook: :cantlook: :cantlook: :cantlook:

A website that generates pictures from templates. The website does not generate unique images, they use a script to generate. What you get as NFT is a set of parameters to generate one image. Anyone can scan the blockchain and review the URL to this generator website, can harvest possible parameters, then can call the website to generate any image its possible to generate, all without proof that you are the owner of a NFT. :doh:

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

as ThreadReader (without images, they are sort of important for the understanding of this scam)
Robᵉʳᵗ Graham💰 @erratarob@infosec.exchange

1/ Okay, time to use a Visa gift card and a disposable e-mail address and explore the technical details behind this "Trump NFT". I'm posting this thread to Twitter even though I suspect most followers are Mastodon (meaning, 280char limitation).
2/ As usual, they have a privacy policy that states "your privacy is important" and "we can and will violate it for any reason".
I'm using a separate email address to track in the future when they sell my private info. I expect to get Trump campaign ads to this address in 2024.
3/ Their main website has a FAQ.
This isn't campaign related (they rightly fear campaign finance laws).
It's possible they already paid Trump Org a lump sum, regardless of how many they sell. Trump's Organization makes most of its money simply licensing the Trump name.
4/ I have now bought one. A $100 gift card was rejected due to "insufficient funds", but a $300 gift card worked.
It's been over 10 minutes, and I still haven't received the NFT in the email.
5/ Here's a news story with some details on what's going on.
Donald Trump Announces $99 Digital Trading Card NFTs
The edition of 45,000 NFTs features the former president in various fantasy costumes and poses. It will be minted on Polygon.
https://www.coindesk.com/web3/2022/12/1 ... card-nfts/
6/ The contract is public on the Polygon blockchain (a sidechain of Ethereum with dramatically lower transaction fees popular for NFTs).
As we can see, roughly 23 thousand (out of a total of 45,000) have been minted so far. An hour ago, it was 22 thousand.
polygonscan.com/address/0x24a1…
DT_45_Token | Address 0x24a11e702cd90f034ea44faf1e180c0c654ac5d9 | PolygonScan
The Contract Address 0x24a11e702cd90f034ea44faf1e180c0c654ac5d9 page allows users to view the source code, transactions, balances, and analytics for the contract address. Users can also interact and m…
https://polygonscan.com/address/0x24a11 ... adContract
7/ One of the reasons I'm doing this thread is to answer this question. You can either use a wallet OR buy with credit card. But your NFT is only meaningful if you have a wallet, so what happens when people buy with credit card without a wallet???????
8/ After about 20 minutes it finally arrived in my email inbox.
Before I bought the NFT it had me create an account with a company called "web3auth", which in turn created a web-accessible wallet with "tor.us".
In other words, it created a wallet for me.
Torus Labs | Open-Source Key Management
Torus is the most secure passwordless authentication and private key management platform with the security guarantees of non-custodial Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
https://tor.us
9/ You all can view my NFT. It's on the Polygon blockchain. OpenSea is the most popular way of viewing/trading such things, but since NFTs are a standard contract on a blockchain, anything can be used to view/trade them.
opensea.io/assets/matic/0…
https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0x24A11 ... C5d9/22884
10/ So what did I get for my $99? What I got were these three things:
1. Matic (aka. Polygon) blockchain
2. contract identified as 0x24A11e702CD90f034Ea44FaF1e180C0C654AC5d9
3. token #22884 in that contract
I now have control over token #22884.
11/ It appears the token was minted and assigned to my wallet almost immediately -- it just took 20 minutes for the email to arrive informing me of that fact.
12/ Using a blockchain explorer for that contract address, I can enter the token #22884 and see what it points to. It points to this URL.
That's what an NFT points to. It doesn't even point to an image, it points to a URL.
If that URL disappears, then the NFT points to nothing.
13/ What at this URL? The image? Nope -- it's metadata about the image.
cards.collecttrumpcards.com/data/22/22884.…
14/ That metadata finally points to a URL of the image.
But the website can change that image any time it likes.
One of the thing cypherpunks like to do is mint NFTs where the website returns different images depending upon what you use to read the NFT.
cards.collecttrumpcards.com/cards/3b96f1cd…
15/ There are ways of creating fully decentralized NFTs, using the cryptographic hash of the image accessible via such things as IPFS or BitTorrent.
But most choose to centralize the NFT, defeating the entire point of using a blockchain.
16/ According to the FAQ on the CollectTrumpCards.com website, it's randomly assigned which image you'll get for your token. Some images have only 2 tokens that'll match them, some up to 20.
That implies at least 2,000 distinct images.
CollectTrumpCards | Donald Trump Digital Trading Card NFTs
The Only OFFICIAL Digital Trading Card NFT Collection Celebrating the Life and Career of 45th U.S. President Donald Trump. Collectible Digital Art with a Chance to Win in the Trump Sweepstakes.
http://CollectTrumpCards.com
17/ But even then, the images are built from re-used components, like my token #22884 and token #22891. Swap the background, add a hat, and you have a "new" image.
18/ So the answer to this question: they are all different, but they are all the same.
19/ They are up to token #26443 so far. You can compare this to the tweet above from an hour ago to see that around 1000 have been minted in the last hour.
Note: they could be "minting" them but not actually selling them.
20/ If you are a hacker like me, this is the first sort of thing you'll think of -- just download all the NFTs and their metadata from the website:
21/ As you can see, the elements in mine are the most common, with the character="Blue Suit Finger Point", face="Smile", hat="Red Golf"
22/ Since the URLs exist regardless of what's on the blockchain, you should be able to download all the future ones, find the rarest, then time your purchase just right to snag a rare one. They've though of that: the URL isn't active until the blockchain mints it:
23/ Even single-line scripts have bugs:
24/ I'm stupid. It seems that OpenSea already tracks these traits so I don't have to write a script to do it myself. It's right there in the URL if I just read the webpage instead of diving straight into code.
opensea.io/assets/matic/0…
25/ As this person politely points out (thanks for the compliment), this is indeed a common thing for NFTs. Though only for a certain class of NFTs, not as they imply, all NFTs.
26/ As Adam points out, yes, sometimes people get prosecuted for simply editing a URL to get to things that may not be intended, and writing small scripts like that simply increment the number.
The courts haven't yet figured out whether it's actually a crime.
27/ Intentional "unauthorized" access is crime.
But if they put something on a website publicly accessible with no password, is it "unauthorized" for the public to access it?
Or maybe it's only authorized if average users can access it, but not if it requires techies w/ a script?
28/ Uh, I just now logged into that wallet they created for me -- and the NFT isn't there.
The NFT was assigned to the wallet: 0x04Ceb...f9786
The wallet they created for me is: 0x7b59...f58f8

So I don't actually have the NFT I supposedly own.
29/ This could only happen paying with a credit card, something failed in the backend creating the virtual wallet. Had I used a real crypto wallet, this probably wouldn't have occurred.
They do have support, so I entered something. But they have no trouble ticketing system.
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat: :rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

The above ThreadReader as pdf with images

RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Greatgrey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:34 pm MAGAs can’t figure out how to collect their booty.
More examples in the tweet.

https://twitter.com/Brooqs/status/1603460566059737088
Brooqs@Brooqs
Seems like things are going great with the Trump Trading Cards

7:42 PM · Dec 15, 2022
The reason why, as explained by ErrataRob, one can buy without cryptocurrency, plainly by using a creaditcard. What one receives in the email is a link to an automatically generated cryptocurrency wallet. How many buyers understand what this wallet is and how to use it?

only the large image from above
► Show Spoiler
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Losing the marbles
‘Losing the plot’: Trump mocked after announcing superhero card collection
Cards cost ‘only $99 each’ and ‘would make a great Christmas gift’, says former president in ‘major announcement’ video

Martin Pengelly in New York
Thu 15 Dec 2022 18.02 GMT

Donald Trump walked into a comic-book universe of internet mockery on Thursday, when in a carefully trailed announcement he introduced his “official Donald Trump Digital Trading Card” collection with a picture of himself in superhero costume, cape and “Trump Champion” belt.

“Just when you thought this grifter couldn’t humiliate himself any more than he already has,” wrote John Kiriakou, a CIA whistleblower turned author, “there’s this. THIS is what the big announcement was.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... collection
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

trump (the former guy)

Post by bill_g »

According to this tweet someone bought up all of the trading cards.

AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

If this is true, it will probably come out who it was. I hope.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”