X -Where Twitter goes to die.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

As a former network administrator and IT director, we would never let this happen. And I am talking 1990/2000s, not current times. We locked-down employee work computers, including desktop-level w/firewall software along with company-wide perimeter security appliances.

It is a disgrace Twitter allowed that damage.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Former top Twitter official forced to leave home due to threats amid ‘Twitter Files’ release

Twitter’s former head of trust and safety has fled his home due to an escalation in threats resulting from Elon Musk’s campaign of criticism against him, a person familiar with the matter told CNN on Monday.

Yoel Roth, who resigned from the social media company in November, has in recent weeks faced a storm of attacks and threats of violence following the release of the so-called “Twitter Files” — internal Twitter communications that new owner Musk has released through journalists including Matt Taibbi and Bari Weiss.

Roth’s position involved him working on sensitive issues including the suspension of then-President Donald Trump’s account in 2021. On Monday, Weiss posted a series of screenshots purported to show internal Twitter documents where Roth and others discussed whether to ban Trump’s account, with some employees questioning if the former president’s tweets violated the platform’s policies.

While Musk had initially been publicly supportive of Roth, that soon changed after he left the company.

Roth has since been the subject of criticism and threats following the release of the Twitter Files. However, things took a dark turn over the weekend when Musk appeared to endorse a tweet that baselessly accused Roth of being sympathetic to pedophilia — a common trope used by conspiracy theorists to attack people online.

A person familiar with Roth’s situation told CNN threats made against the former Twitter employee escalated exponentially after Musk engaged in the pedophilia conspiracy theory.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/12/tech/twi ... -yoel-roth
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Twitter

Post by Slarti the White »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:42 pm
Former top Twitter official forced to leave home due to threats amid ‘Twitter Files’ release

Twitter’s former head of trust and safety has fled his home due to an escalation in threats resulting from Elon Musk’s campaign of criticism against him, a person familiar with the matter told CNN on Monday.

Yoel Roth, who resigned from the social media company in November, has in recent weeks faced a storm of attacks and threats of violence following the release of the so-called “Twitter Files” — internal Twitter communications that new owner Musk has released through journalists including Matt Taibbi and Bari Weiss.

Roth’s position involved him working on sensitive issues including the suspension of then-President Donald Trump’s account in 2021. On Monday, Weiss posted a series of screenshots purported to show internal Twitter documents where Roth and others discussed whether to ban Trump’s account, with some employees questioning if the former president’s tweets violated the platform’s policies.

While Musk had initially been publicly supportive of Roth, that soon changed after he left the company.

Roth has since been the subject of criticism and threats following the release of the Twitter Files. However, things took a dark turn over the weekend when Musk appeared to endorse a tweet that baselessly accused Roth of being sympathetic to pedophilia — a common trope used by conspiracy theorists to attack people online.

A person familiar with Roth’s situation told CNN threats made against the former Twitter employee escalated exponentially after Musk engaged in the pedophilia conspiracy theory.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/12/tech/twi ... -yoel-roth
Yoel should sue the bastard -- along with everyone else that Musk has defamed. Musk is a public figure, the people who's lives he is capriciously destroying are not. The only way this petulant man-child will learn that his wealth does not make him better than anyone else is for there to be consequences he understands for bad behavior. Treat him just like Alex Jones.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Twitter

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:stamp: :yeahthat: :winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Twitter dissolves Trust and Safety Council
Meanwhile, a former top Twitter official fled his home amid attacks following Musk tweets

Twitter on Monday night abruptly dissolved its Trust and Safety Council, the latest sign that Elon Musk is unraveling years of work and institutions created to make the social network safer and more civil.

Members of Twitter’s Trust and Safety Council received an email with the subject line, “Thank You,” that informed them the council was no longer “the best structure” to bring “external insights into our product and policy development work.”

The email dissolution arrived less than an hour before members of the council were expecting to meet with Twitter executives via Zoom to discuss recent developments, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the plans.

Dozens of civil rights leaders, academics and advocates from around the world had volunteered their time for years to help improve safety on the platform.

“We are grateful for your engagement, advice and collaboration in recent years and wish you every success in the future,” said the email, which was simply signed “Twitter.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... yoel-roth/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Sam the Centipede

Twitter

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Musk's obsessive accusations of pedophilia against those he feels have crossed him prompt a "methink he doth protest too much" response in my cynical mind.

I would not be surprised to find that Musk himself had pedophile leanings or indeed a history. He's a nasty piece of self-regarding vileness.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

your $$$ at work
Twitter relaunches blue tick service with higher price for iPhone users
Those willing to pay $8 on the web or $11 a month via Apple’s app store will get more prominence

Dan Milmo Global technology editor
Sun 11 Dec 2022 15.09 GMT

Twitter is relaunching its subscription service on Monday, offering users verified status for $8 (£6.50) a month or $11 a month on their iPhone.

The move follows a botched revamp of the service last month that resulted in a host of impersonator accounts appearing on the platform as some users took advantage of the chance to launch bogus “verified” accounts for major companies and public figures.

Twitter said: “We’re relaunching @TwitterBlue on Monday – subscribe on web for $8/month or on iOS for $11/month to get access to subscriber-only features, including the blue checkmark.”

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... hone-users
article above wrote:Twitter said giving priority to subscribers would help combat “scams and spam”, referring to one of the bugbears of the platform’s owner, Elon Musk, who attempted to walk away from a deal to buy the business because of his concerns over vexatious automated accounts.

Subscribers who attempt to change their handle, display name or photo will temporarily lose their tick until the account is reviewed again, Twitter said.
article above wrote:Other features offered to subscribers include the ability to edit tweets. According to a trial launched by the company in September, shortly before Musk bought Twitter, users will be able to edit a tweet up to 30 minutes after it is published – with a symbol showing it has been modified. Other planned new features include offering half the number of adverts and the ability to post longer tweets. :doh:
neeneko

Twitter

Post by neeneko »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:17 am Musk's obsessive accusations of pedophilia against those he feels have crossed him prompt a "methink he doth protest too much" response in my cynical mind.

I would not be surprised to find that Musk himself had pedophile leanings or indeed a history. He's a nasty piece of self-regarding vileness.
Yeah, I have always read that as Musk laying the groundwork to discredit accusations against him if something comes out. Though within his ethical framework, it would not be the pedophilia that is bad, but the unworthy partaking in what is the right of their betters. That is a big part of the implication in his insult, that the people are not good enough to be doing that.
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

How many advertisers are left? Any mainstream ones?
raison de arizona

Twitter

Some Twitter staff were cut off after missing a Saturday deadline from Elon Musk because they didn't check emails at the weekend, report says
  • Some Twitter staff were cut off because they didn't see Elon Musk's NDA pledge in time, per Platformer.
  • The report said the deadline was Saturday, but some staff didn't check their emails at the weekend.
  • More than 100 Twitter employees were deactivated from Slack by Sunday afternoon, per Platformer.
https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... nd-2022-12
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

He’s got to be breaking laws somewhere.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Slim Cognito »

Insinuating a former employee was a pedo bc he wouldn’t kiss the ring was the final straw. I deactivated this morning. If I don’t sign in for 30 days, it will be deleted.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Slim Cognito »

I am taking to Post. I know it has a ways to go but I’ve found Stonekettle so I know it will be ok.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
jemcanada2

Twitter

Post by jemcanada2 »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:11 am He’s got to be breaking laws somewhere.
Technically, Musk would be breaking the law in Ontario if any of the employees were from here. It’s a new law though so there’s still some bugs to work out with the new “right to disconnect” law.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/06/rig ... s-ontario/
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

This isn't the first time Musk has accused someone of being a "pedo guy". Remember the boys trapped in the cave in Thailand? Musk had suggested that he could rescue the boys by providing a miniature submarine. The boys were rescued before that could happen and at least one of the rescuers ridiculed Musk's offer as a "PR stunt." Musk responded by calling that rescuer a "pedo guy." Musk eventually did apologize.

The story from Vox here - Elon Musk and the Thai cave rescue: a tale of good intentions and bad tweets
raison de arizona

Twitter

The kind of things that will get you permanently kicked off Twitter are WAY different now...
► Show Spoiler
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:26 pm I am taking to Post. I know it has a ways to go but I’ve found Stonekettle so I know it will be ok.
I've been trying to add people to follow today, by searching for them by name. but the search function is not working for me. Spinning ball. Anybody else experiencing this today?
noblepa

Twitter

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:11 am He’s got to be breaking laws somewhere.
I think that he has already broken CA employment law, which requires much longer notification periods for layoffs. He could be on the hook for millions in back pay, severance benefits and penalties.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:26 pm I am taking to Post. I know it has a ways to go but I’ve found Stonekettle so I know it will be ok.
Stonekettlemis also posting on Mastodo for anyone interested. @Stonekettle@masto.ai
raison de arizona

Twitter

Musk Shakes Up Twitter’s Legal Team as He Looks to Cut More Costs
Twitter has stopped paying rent on offices and is considering not paying severance packages to former employees, among other measures.

Over the past two weeks, Elon Musk has shaken up Twitter’s legal department, disbanded a council that advised the social media company on safety issues and is continuing to take drastic steps to cut costs.

Mr. Musk appears to be gearing up for legal battles at Twitter, which he purchased in October for $44 billion, according to seven people familiar with internal conversations. He and his team have revamped Twitter’s legal department and pushed out one of his closest advisers in the process. They have also instructed employees to not pay vendors in anticipation of potential litigation, the people said.

To cut costs, Twitter has not paid rent for its San Francisco headquarters or any of its global offices for weeks, three people close to the company said. Twitter has also refused to pay a $197,725 bill for private charter flights made the week of Mr. Musk’s takeover, according to a copy of a lawsuit filed in New Hampshire District Court and obtained by The New York Times.

Twitter’s leaders have also discussed the consequences of denying severance payments to thousands of people who have been laid off since the takeover, two people familiar with the talks said. And Mr. Musk has threatened employees with lawsuits if they talk to the media and “act in a manner contrary to the company’s interest,” according to an internal email sent last Friday.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/13/tech ... akeup.html
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Not paying bills? :think: Who tries to come into my mind :?:
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Decimating his legal team? Who is/are the lucky outside comany/-nies who will take up litigation at a fee? Is $3million the running fee for a retainer?
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

I wonder what the resale value of Twitter is today.
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Fauci Just Clapped Back At Elon Musk With The Most Brutally Accurate Description Of Twitter
CNN's Erin Burnett called Fauci's description of Twitter in response to Musk's 'Prosecute/Fauci' tweet 'pretty remarkable.'

Alan Herrera
Dec. 13, 2022

Dr. Anthony Fauci—the nation's leading expert on infectious diseases—said billionaire Elon Musk's attacks against him, which culminated in a recent transphobic tweet ridiculing the use of pronouns when Musk claimed his pronouns are "Prosecute/Fauci," amount to “merely a distraction.”

Fauci made the remark during an interview with CNN's David Axelrod, telling the commentator that Twitter—which has been riddled with scandals ever since Musk acquired the company in October—is little more than a "cesspool of interaction."

Fauci's comments prompted CNN anchor Erin Burnett to observe that Fauci's criticisms of Twitter as a social media platform are "pretty remarkable."

You can hear what Fauci said in the video below.

https://www.comicsands.com/fauci-respon ... 58592.html

MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I love Pearls Before Swine -
Elonathon.jpg
Elonathon.jpg (88.79 KiB) Viewed 357 times

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”