Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Rep. Quang Nguyen is unfit to lead this crucial legislative committee
Opinion: Rep. Quang Nguyen is a member of the Oath Keepers. Allowing him to a lead a key House committee is an insult to the rule of law.

Arizona cannot move beyond the partisan extremism of the past eight years if the Republican Party continues to place extremists into positions of power in our state.

Voters’ rejection of hardline extremists for Arizona’s U.S. Senate seat, governor, secretary of state and attorney general should have made this clear.

However, House Speaker-elect Ben Toma is clearly not listening.

His appointment of Rep. Quang Nguyen of Prescott, an admitted member of the antigovernment group the Oath Keepers, as chair of the House Judiciary Committee sends a dangerous message of support to the extremists in his party and is a direct insult to the rule of law.
:snippity:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 703347007/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Mark Finchem is a self avowed member of the Oath Keepers. Not sure what he is getting at here, but I don't like it.
https://twitter.com/RealMarkFinchem/sta ... 3698457600
Mark Finchem #JustFollowTheLaw VoteFinchem.com @RealMarkFinchem wrote: The communists play for keeps. Don't tuck and run when our nation needed us most. Never surrender.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Leo Donofrio, Esq., strikes back, teaching the judge a thing about the law.
Leo Donofrio, Esq. @LCDLAW1 wrote: 1/2 The Comment to Arizona Rule 5.5 re "Multijurisdictional Practice of Law" says:

"In addition, a lawyer may counsel nonlawyers who wish to proceed pro se."

Since I was never disbarred or suspended, this covers me helping Josh.

https://casetext.com/rule/arizona-court ... ice-of-law

COMMENT [1](A):

"The definition of the practice of law...varies from one jurisdiction to another. For Arizona's definition, see Rule 31(a)(2)(A). Whatever the definition [specific exceptions listed] ...In addition, a lawyer may counsel nonlawyers who wish to proceed pro se."
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:16 pm Leo Donofrio, Esq., strikes back, teaching the judge a thing about the law.
Donofrio can't even land the flounce. :fingerwag:

Donofrio wasn't an attorney when he was advising; hence the UPL. :brickwallsmall:
Image ImageImage
Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

The judge was kind enough to give Donofrio the gentlest of verbal warnings. Donofrio would be wise to take that for the gift it is, and just shut up and move on.

Donofrio, of course, is not wise.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bob wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:41 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:16 pm Leo Donofrio, Esq., strikes back, teaching the judge a thing about the law.

Donofrio wasn't an attorney when he was advising; hence the UPL. :brickwallsmall:
I'll bet Judges just love it when someone teaches them the law like that. I'm sure they appreciate the help. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

An unlicensed attorney lawsplaining to a judge. That is a new twist. I am calling Leo a lawyer because he does have a degree and should know how to conduct himself compared to some random shmoe.

He should probably go back to poker tournaments. And we will see him again in another 13 years.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Just to confirm, though: "advising" would probably not include a) drafting pleadings, b) signing pleadings, c) appearing in court for the pro se litigant, right? Because I have literally just woken up 5 minutes ago (it's a quarter to six am in London right now), and my brain is not yet fully engaged, I want to confirm that even were Donofrio correct that advising is allowed, what he's doing is outside that scope.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:41 pm

Because he was so right, he removed all the Tweets where he was essentially acting as Josh's attorney.

And for Ben Prime, IMHIANALO, even if Leo was correct about being able to "advise" somebody, he requested PHV status in an Arizona court without being currently active on any bar (except maybe Brutus's Bar and Grill) and I believe without local counsel. That is a step beyond just advising or even ghostwriting. He tried to represent the client in court.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

It's possible Finchem doesn't know what the term "fixing an election" means. Or maybe he does. :shrug:
Mark Finchem #JustFollowTheLaw VoteFinchem.com @RealMarkFinchem wrote: The election is now "certified" by Katie Hobbs & I have a strict timeline before I can file my lawsuits. We are $85k short of what I need to pay for lawyers. Please chip in $5, $10, $15 or more right now to help me get lawyers on retainer. DONATE: https://secure.anedot.com/mark-finchem- ... f-state/sr
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He is going to make sure the 2022 election cant have babies? :eek: :eek:
Hic sunt dracones
realist

Post by realist »

Leo Donofrio, Esq.
@LCDLAW1
·
1h
Replying to
@iconp2016
The staff at the Arizona Bar has been cordial and professional. They may have to make the pre-screening Inquiry, especially if it came from a Judge, although it's not clear who issued the complaint. I'm not exactly sure who made it, or if the Inquiry was required though.
Leo Donofrio, Esq.
@LCDLAW1
·
2h
1/7 The Arizona State Bar has opened an informal investigation into whether I engaged in the unauthorized practice of law IN Arizona:
:biggrin:

Leo Donofrio, Esq.
@LCDLAW1
·
2h
7/7 I will contest the election👇:

:lol:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

realist wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:20 pm
Leo Donofrio, Esq.
@LCDLAW1
·
2h

But I thought he said he couldn't because it was stressing out his sick girlfriend?

I guess this must be a duty in his role as G-d's lawyer...
Par·a·clete
/ˈperəˌklēt/

noun

(in Christian theology) the Holy Spirit as advocate or counselor (John 14:16, 26).
bob

Post by bob »

Slarti the White wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:03 pm But I thought he said he couldn't because it was stressing out his sick girlfriend?
The hate cured her!:
Image ImageImage
Slarti the White

bob wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:12 pm
Slarti the White wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:03 pm But I thought he said he couldn't because it was stressing out his sick girlfriend?
The hate cured her!:
Does that qualify as a miracle?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Slarti the White wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:30 pm
bob wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:12 pm
The hate cured her!:
Does that qualify as a miracle?
Nah...the miracle is he was able to find a woman willing to put up with him
bob

Post by bob »

Jim wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:41 pm Nah...the miracle is he was able to find a woman willing to put up with him
If I say "allegedly able to find," is that more or less defamatory? :think:
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

bob wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:14 pm If I say "allegedly able to find," is that more or less defamatory? :think:
If’n I don't delete everybody's posts about Leo, it's definitely a CONSPIRACY. :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slarti the White wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:03 pm
realist wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:20 pm
Leo Donofrio, Esq.
@LCDLAW1
·
2h

But I thought he said he couldn't because it was stressing out his sick girlfriend?

I guess this must be a duty in his role as G-d's lawyer...
Par·a·clete
/ˈperəˌklēt/

noun

(in Christian theology) the Holy Spirit as advocate or counselor (John 14:16, 26).
Has anyone checked that his phone didn't autocorrect and what me intended was Parakeet?

Slarti the White

Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:53 pm
Slarti the White wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:03 pm Par·a·clete
/ˈperəˌklēt/

noun

Has anyone checked that his phone didn't autocorrect and what me intended was Parakeet?
[/quote]

Nah, he's been the Paraclete since back in the birther days.
bob

Post by bob »

Slarti the White wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:56 pm Nah, he's been the Paraclete since back in the birther days.
Yup; Donofrio's blogger profile:
Occupation Paraclete
Location Heaven

Introduction I am a subliminal mental architect of Love's dominant army. The war was won before it began. But the weeds need separating from the chaff. Love is the gardener. Evil loses. Deep down they know that but have been blinded by God's gifts and tricked into thinking their powers come from spells, incantations, bloodshed and generally stinky hooplah. No, silly people. The power is free. God loves you still, but you have removed his protection and he cannot force himself into your heart. You do have free will, but don't forget that God does too. And until you create a real universe as he has done, I suggest you back the f**k off. I'm just sayin'. Repent and live forever in our psychedelic multi-dimensional theme park. We got the best hotties too. :0
Counterpoint: All birds go to heaven too (also).
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Sounds like something a crazy person would write
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:39 pm
bob wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:14 pm If I say "allegedly able to find," is that more or less defamatory? :think:
If’n I don't delete everybody's posts about Leo, it's definitely a CONSPIRACY. :lol:
We're the Illuminati, that's what we do.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bob wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:58 pm
Slarti the White wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:56 pm Nah, he's been the Paraclete since back in the birther days.
Occupation Paraclete
Location Heaven

Introduction I am a subliminal mental architect of Love's dominant army. The war was won before it began. But the weeds need separating from the chaff. Love is the gardener. Evil loses. Deep down they know that but have been blinded by God's gifts and tricked into thinking their powers come from spells, incantations, bloodshed and generally stinky hooplah. No, silly people. The power is free. God loves you still, but you have removed his protection and he cannot force himself into your heart. You do have free will, but don't forget that God does too. And until you create a real universe as he has done, I suggest you back the f**k off. I'm just sayin'. Repent and live forever in our psychedelic multi-dimensional theme park. We got the best hotties too. :0
Birds aren't real.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bob wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:58 pm
Occupation Paraclete
Location Heaven

???

Chaff is the part you throw away. The phrase is "wheat needs separating from the chaff". Knutsac can't even get his clichés right.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”