Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

pipistrelle

Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by pipistrelle »

I want Lake to remove to Avignon.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:05 pm I want Lake to remove to Avignon.
Maybe we can get Elmo to take her to Mars.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Resume18 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:44 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:18 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:05 pm Yeah, that "God is on our side" thing always threw me. If God was on your side, pretty sure he'd have made sure you won in a landslide.
To be fair, it sounds better in the original German. 8-)
Gott Mit Uns!
Gott it in one
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Ye?
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Color me dense, but if this is a Republican county, presumably Republicans won. So why won't they certify their own results (that they presumably had a lot of say over WRT process)? Just because Lake didn't get ALL the votes?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:43 pm Color me dense, but if this is a Republican county, presumably Republicans won. So why won't they certify their own results (that they presumably had a lot of say over WRT process)? Just because Lake didn't get ALL the votes?
They are protesting Maricopa County. Yes, I realize that makes no sense.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

>>>>>
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:43 pm Color me dense, but if this is a Republican county, presumably Republicans won. So why won't they certify their own results (that they presumably had a lot of say over WRT process)? Just because Lake didn't get ALL the votes?
The want to feed the "election was stolen" myth -- their votes are only enough to swing one House seat and the state school superintendent, but they seem to be trying to stop the state from certifying any of the election results. Just a tactic to continue eroding people's faith in elections and make a Trumpist coup more possible.
realist

Post by realist »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:49 pm
A protest which could disenfranchise their own voters, which falls on deaf ears, as Maricopa County has certified. :shrug:
Image X 4
Image X 32
mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Ye
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ah, the SovCittest of counties then.

(BTW, the late Cochise doesn't want to be associated with this inanity.)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

realist wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 pm
A protest which could disenfranchise their own voters, which falls on deaf ears, as Maricopa County has certified. :shrug:

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

I kinda wonder if at least some of them are hoping to miss the various deadlines for certification, since next they will be able to claim that their whole county was disenfranchised by those evil state level people who need to be replaced and please send money.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

realist wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 pm
I really don't know, but I think that they may be thinking that, if Cochise County does not certify their election, then the State of Arizona can't certify the election, either.

I think that they're wrong, but what do I know.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

noblepa wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:58 am :snippity:

I really don't know, but I think that they may be thinking that, if Cochise County does not certify their election, then the State of Arizona can't certify the election, either.

I think that they're wrong, but what do I know.
A. On the fourth Monday following a general election, the secretary of state, in the presence of the governor and the attorney general, shall canvass all offices for which the nominees filed nominating petitions and papers with the secretary of state pursuant to section 16-311, subsection E.

B. The secretary of state, in the presence of the governor and the chief justice of the supreme court, shall canvass all proposed constitutional amendments and initiated or referred measures, as shown by the certified copies of official canvass received from the several counties, and forthwith certify the result to the governor.

C. If the official canvass of any county has not been received on the fourth Monday following the general election, the canvass shall be postponed from day to day, not to exceed thirty days from the date of the election, until canvasses from all counties are received
The fourth Monday is 12/5/22

30 days is next Thursday.
raison de arizona

We have Rule 11 sanctions! Lake keeps on winning!
YvonneWingettSanchez 🏜 @yvonnewingett wrote: NEWS FROM ARIZONA— Federal Judge John Tuchi grants Maricopa County’s motion for sanctions in Kari Lake, et al v. Katie Hobbs, et al. Plaintiffs challenged election administration procedures, including requiring voter to cast ballots on paper ballots. @isaacstanbecker
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

They gave in? Darn it, this was just started to get really good. :twisted:
tek

Post by tek »

Cochise County, AZ caved and certified after being notified by a court they were committing a felony by refusing.
Bah! Fine bunch of patriots THEY are!
:P
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

We knew they hand no brains, but no spine also too :?:

:lol:
raison de arizona

309951E7-538A-4176-B426-EE6BF833CB8C.jpeg
309951E7-538A-4176-B426-EE6BF833CB8C.jpeg (185.81 KiB) Viewed 409 times
raison de arizona

more of the same
Judge Sanctions Kari Lake’s Legal Team, Which Includes Alan Dershowitz, for ‘Recklessly’ Filing ‘False, Misleading, and Unsupported’ Claims in Election Lawsuit

An Arizona-based federal judge has ordered sanctions against the legal team assembled by gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake (R) and another plaintiff in a failed lawsuit against winning opponent Katie Hobbs (D) and other defendants from two Arizona county government boards.

The attorneys being sanctioned are not directly named in Thursday’s order, but according to the court docket, Harvard Law School Prof. Alan Dershowitz is Lake’s lead attorney in the matter. Also on her legal team are co-lead attorneys Andrew D. Parker, Jesse Hersch Kibort, and Joseph Alan Pull of Minneapolis. Further listed as a member of her legal team is attorney Kurt B. Olsen of Washington, D.C.

Parker, Olsen, and Dershowitz signed the original complaint, an amended complaint, and a opposition to a request for sanctions.

Those attorneys are presumably the ones sanctioned on Thursday for filing a complaint by Lake and Arizona State Representative Mark Finchem (R-11), another plaintiff.

The same legal team represented both plaintiffs, the docket indicates.
:snippity:
An Obama judge, ew!
Kari Lake @KariLake wrote: In June, I sued over the use of tabulators in my election. I alleged these machines were prone to failure

This suit was dismissed for standing

On election day, 32% of the machines failed statewide

Yesterday, an Obama-judge sanctioned my lawyers for bringing the suit at all.
https://twitter.com/KariLake/status/1598739898282147841
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Two questions. First: how much were Dersh and the other lawyers fined (or what other sanctions did the court impose).

Second: is there any truth to Ms. Lake's contention that 32% of the vote tabulators failed on election day? I suspect there is none.

Does she simply mean that the machines failed because they didn't deliver the vote counts that she considers "correct"?

Return to “Governors & State Elections”