Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Near Death Experience

mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Near Death Experience

Post by mojosapien »

1969 in Matunuck RI....get that kid home or back to my place
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
John Thomas8

Near Death Experience

Post by John Thomas8 »

r/nocontext?
mojosapien
Verified:

Near Death Experience

Post by mojosapien »

Funeral tomorrow ...she was that last witness....79
John Thomas8

Near Death Experience

Post by John Thomas8 »

Condolences, almost every passing is sad.
noblepa

Near Death Experience

Post by noblepa »

Mojo never provides any context or explanations.

He's playing with us. He posts these cryptic statments that mean nothing. Then he sits back and laughs while we try to make sense of his drivel.
John Thomas8

Near Death Experience

Post by John Thomas8 »

noblepa wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:40 pm Mojo never provides any context or explanations.

He's playing with us. He posts these cryptic statments that mean nothing. Then he sits back and laughs while we try to make sense of his drivel.
r/nocontext.

Sigh. I'm bored.
mojosapien
Verified:

Near Death Experience

Post by mojosapien »

I'm skinny here...my cousin is 400 lbs.....
mojosapien
Verified:

Near Death Experience

Post by mojosapien »

Mojo still walks and drives under his own power.
roadscholar

Near Death Experience

Post by roadscholar »

Non sequiturs vex
Inscrutability clouds
Vacuous content
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
mojosapien
Verified:

Near Death Experience

Post by mojosapien »

the Republic of Rhode Island
John Thomas8

Near Death Experience

Post by John Thomas8 »

mojosapien wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:00 pm Mojo still walks and drives under his own power.
Presents facts without evidence.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Near Death Experience

Post by Phoenix520 »

Christine McVie?
Domenico

Near Death Experience

Post by Domenico »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Near Death Experience

Post by Foggy »

I tried to read that, but I was overwhelmed by advertisements and couldn't find the story. Oh wait, I found a missing word in the first sentence.

Because it's a lot more important to get me to buy something than it is to have competent reporters and editors so I can read a story.

Blergh. :(
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Near Death Experience

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:09 am I tried to read that, but I was overwhelmed by advertisements and couldn't find the story. Oh wait, I found a missing word in the first sentence.

Because it's a lot more important to get me to buy something than it is to have competent reporters and editors so I can read a story.

Blergh. :(
Writing had to have been outsourced.
She had a group of friends who all liked her.
pipistrelle

Near Death Experience

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:40 pm Mojo never provides any context or explanations.

I don't bother.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Near Death Experience

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, well if you (not you, pipistrelle, anybody here) ...

Anyway, if anybody here has ever directly attacked another member of the forum, and I let it slide because I do that, then please don't complain about mojosapien, who may be weird and annoying but who never attacks anyone else. Considering the people I had to put in the FEMA camp, back in the day, he would never be put there for any reason, even if there still was such a thing. He doesn't break any rules, and he's welcome here.

If you don't like his posts, put him in your Foes list. Scroll on by his posts. Whatever you have to do. But don't report him or attack him or bag on him or whatever, por favor. Because he's here as long as he wants and is free to post whatever he wants, and so complaints are getting a little repetitive and annoying.

Or I could always ban him, but then realist would quit in rightful outrage because we've been running this board for almost 13 years and we're a little set in our ways, and that's not how we do things. And that would start the snowball rolling downhill.

Or everybody can keep complaining about him and I'll ignore it. Yeah.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Near Death Experience

Post by Foggy »

I will stress before saying this, that I don't think mojosapien is a troll at all. Some of his posts are informative. He posts interesting music. I don't put anyone on ignore, but I read his posts and often find them interesting.

Let's not assume that he really is some sort of troll, deliberately trying to annoy us, because he obviously is not.

But just for fun, let's review Dealing With Trolls 101, because it's been a long time since we had a real one.

Q. What's the absolute worst thing you can do when a troll is posting stuff that's really, really annoying?

A. You can say, "The troll is annoying (or annoying me)."

Of course, the troll is trying to annoy you, and here you are saying that in your judgment, the troll is being very successful and should continue doing exactly what they are doing. Even if you say "the troll should stop," the troll is not going to stop because what they are doing is WORKING.

How does the troll know they are winning, and that what they are doing is working for them? You just told them that, so that's how they learned it.

Q. And what is the best way to respond to a troll?

A. This one is the kicker, because some people - even some long term Fogbow people - are psychologically incapable of it, but the answer is: You ignore the troll. No response at all. You do not mention the troll. You do not reply to, judge, or explain what the troll said. You do not reply to other people discussing the troll. This is really difficult for some people, but ... Ignore means totally ignore. If you can.

This often did not work, in the birther era and for some period beyond.

I can make rules, Don't Attack Another Member of the Forum, but if a birther or sovereign citizen ever joined the board (back in the day), you'd think there wasn't any rule here against flame wars, because we had a few folks here who were gonna burn those punks to the ground, and if Foggy had a rule against it, he could shove his rule where the Sun don't shine.

:flame: :eek:

And I understand. We didn't get a lot of chances to beat up birthers on other sites because of moderation and so forth, and if one joined Fogbow to troll us, there were people who were very extremely dedicated to doing the absolute worst thing you can do. They had anger, and it was time to express their thoughts.

If it actually pleased the birthers/trolls, tough. If it broke the rules here, tough. They got to say something really shitty to a birther, and that was the only important thing to them. If you doubt me, read Formerly.

But then the same people wanted me to ban the birthers.

And I kept saying, wait a goldurned minnit. The rule is, don't attack other members, but you're attacking the birther and he's not attacking anyone. So you're the only one breaking the rule, and I'm supposed to ban him? Not even to mention, what's the absolute worst thing to do when a troll is posting?

It was a :pickle: It made me :crazy:

This is what led to the FEMA camp.

In the FEMA camp, I allowed flame wars. :boxing:

We don't have a FEMA camp here.

Peace. ✌️

Return to “General Stuff”