trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:23 am
Mitt Romney Brutally Assesses How Low Donald Trump Will Go

Ron Dicker
Tue, November 29, 2022 at 4:01 PM

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) measured the depths of Donald Trump’s audacity after the former president met with antisemitic rapper Ye and Holocaust-denying white nationalist Nick Fuentes at Mar-a-Lago.

“I think it has been clear that there’s no bottom to the degree to which President Trump will degrade himself and the nation,” Romney told reporters on Monday after calling Trump’s meeting with the two figures “disgusting.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitt-romney- ... 51208.html
(original HuffPost)
Lost in all this is the lack of mentioning that Milo Yiannopoulos was also at that Dinner
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

Mitt Romney wrote:“I think it has been clear that there’s no bottom to the degree to which President Trump will degrade himself and the nation,” Romney told reporters ...
He had an excellent opportunity to say something trenchant and vivid and create a mental image that would stick in the mind for a long time.

But I can think of six different ways to word that sentence, all of which would convey the same information, and be more memorable.

I am disappoint. :(

And bizzy, it's been real. :wave:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
sugar magnolia

trump (the former guy)

Post by sugar magnolia »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:07 am
keith wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:49 am
humblescribe wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:07 pm Donnie, ya maybe think that "paranoia strikes deep; into your life it will creep; it starts when you're always afraid; step out of line, the man comes, and takes you away."

For What It's Worth, anyway.
:thumbup:

You better stop children, what's that sound?
Everybody look - what's going down?
I love this particular version of that song:

I love anything Tab does.
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

I can her Mary Gautier singing this song in my head. Alas, she doesn’t sing this one IRL. Just in my head.
Cyrus Breckenridge

trump (the former guy)

Post by Cyrus Breckenridge »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:51 pm I can her Mary Gautier singing this song in my head. Alas, she doesn’t sing this one IRL. Just in my head.
I believe it’s Mary Gauthier. Weirdly, pronounced ‘Goshay’. Great singer though.
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

Yeah, I dropped my Aitch. :oopsy:
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

🚨🚨BREAKING: The House Ways and Means Committee now has six years of Donald Trump’s federal tax returns, ending a yearslong pursuit. The Treasury Department has complied with last week’s court order to hand over the documents, a spokesperson from the Treasury confirmed to CNN.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

A moment of silence for all the ketchup bottles that sacrificed their lives for the cause.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump (the former guy)

Post by neonzx »

6 years. Which 6 years?

The Bidens put out the previous 10 years worth when Joe was running.

Oh well, we are never going to see anything (general public) on what Trump has been hiding.
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

Skeleton Waiting for 45 Arrest.jpg
Skeleton Waiting for 45 Arrest.jpg (86.71 KiB) Viewed 735 times
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Flatpoint High »

trumptaxes-1.jpg
trumptaxes-1.jpg (88.26 KiB) Viewed 683 times
via occupy democrats:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:44 pm A moment of silence for all the ketchup bottles that sacrificed their lives for the cause.
With the now-expected ketchup shortage, I guess Americans will be relegated to having mayo with our fries.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

With all the Canadians wintering down here, I've learned to love mayo on my burger.

I'll show myself out before you guys throw me out.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

And gravy on my french fries!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:17 pm With all the Canadians wintering down here, I've learned to love mayo on my burger.

I'll show myself out before you guys throw me out.
I can't fault you for that...

Down here in GA, cheesesteaks aren't just steak, chees, and onions, they also add mushrooms and bell peppers, and it ends up damn tasty...

I mentioned this when visiting family years back in Wilkes-Barrie...the look it got conveyed: "We need to burn this [expletive deleted] heretic".
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Its nice that the House finally got TFG's tax returns.

Unfortunately, on January 3, they're going in the shredder.

It has been pointed out that the same law that allowed the House committee to obtain the returns, allows the Senate to do so, as well.

However, I see one problem with that. I believe that the law says that the IRS commissioner SHALL deliver the returns, but apparently the law requires a valid legislative purpose. The House committee investigating Trump could plausibly claim a legislative purpose. Can the Senate? And, no, I don't think that "we just want them to embarass the former president" is a valid legislative purpose.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

noblepa wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:57 pm :snippity:
Can the Senate? And, no, I don't think that "we just want them to embarass the former president" is a valid legislative purpose.
Why not....it works for the QOP...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slarti the White »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:05 pm
Can the Senate? And, no, I don't think that "we just want them to embarass the former president" is a valid legislative purpose.
The Republicans would simply leak them. My question is whether or not the special counsel will have access to them.
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:05 pm
Yes, but, if the Senate committee requests the same returns that the House just received, the R's could file a lawsuit to stop it, by arguing that there is no legislative purpose. A court might be more receptive of that argument than they were when Trump tried to stop the House from getting the returns. If the Senate can not articulate a valid legislative purpose, the result might be different.

BTW, does anyone know if the statute in question really DOES require a valid legislative purpose? I can see the law having such a requirement, to prevent unscrupulous congress critters using the law to try to embarass a political opponent, who is not otherwise under investigation.
Gupwalla

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gupwalla »

26 U.S. Code § 6103
(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.
The statute does not require a valid legislative purpose, on its face. But precedental case law limits the subpoena powers of Congress to those issues where Congress is acting within its legislative authorities.

From the present decision:
“There is no general authority to expose the private affairs of individuals without justification in terms of the functions of Congress.” Watkins, 354 U.S. at 187. “No inquiry is an end in itself; it must be related to, and in furtherance of, a legitimate task of the Congress. Investigations conducted solely for the personal aggrandizement of the investigators or to ‘punish’ those investigated are indefensible.” Id. Similarly, Congress cannot exercise its investigative powers for the purpose of law enforcement because the power of law enforcement is vested in the executive and judicial branches. Quinn, 349 U.S. at 161. But that an investigation “might possibly disclose crime or wrongdoing” does not invalidate an otherwise proper investigation. McGrain, 273 U.S. 179–80.
Out of curiosity, I was perusing the current list of Republicans on Ways and Means to see whether there was any chance the incoming chairman might be inclined to continue the work of the current committee. WHAT A STEAMING PILE OF DOG POOP. After reviewing the top eight or so most senior members on Wikipedia, I just gave up in despair. These are not the best and brightest.
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:57 pm Its nice that the House finally got TFG's tax returns.

Unfortunately, on January 3, they're going in the shredder.

It has been pointed out that the same law that allowed the House committee to obtain the returns, allows the Senate to do so, as well.

However, I see one problem with that. I believe that the law says that the IRS commissioner SHALL deliver the returns, but apparently the law requires a valid legislative purpose. The House committee investigating Trump could plausibly claim a legislative purpose. Can the Senate? And, no, I don't think that "we just want them to embarass the former president" is a valid legislative purpose.
The Law doesn't require a purpose, that was some bullshit Trump and Steve Mnuchin thought up, it was essentially the legal point we spent all these years making sure we knew. Also too, Courts are really touchy about telling Congress what a legislative purpose might be.

The Senate Committee did not Subpoena it last term because they didn't have the power to do so without Republican votes, the Senate Committees had equal numbers of members from each party (reason #492 why Warnock getting re-elected is important, so the Committees have majorities).
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy)

Post by jemcanada2 »

much ado wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 pm And gravy on my french fries!
Don’t forget the cheese curds to make it poutine! :lovestruck:

And mayo on hamburgers. :lovestruck:
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:21 pm

Stop!

I may forget how to make Chili Spaghetti if you keep it up.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy)

Post by jemcanada2 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:29 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:21 pm

Stop!

I may forget how to make Chili Spaghetti if you keep it up.
Pineapple on pizza? :batting: :batting:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”