X -Where Twitter goes to die.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:26 am
Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:50 am I am not the management genius that Elmo is, but if you literally have to lock all your employees out of the building because you're afraid of what they might do, I can't figure out how it's a good thing.

If you're not even sure how many of them still work for you, it's not much better.
Will he still have competent ones that will vet the ones that think to remain? Cause their ma be a bloack sheep among them ....
My understanding is that most of Human Resources is gone, resigned or fired, fwiw.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:44 am
RTH10260 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:26 am
Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:50 am I am not the management genius that Elmo is, but if you literally have to lock all your employees out of the building because you're afraid of what they might do, I can't figure out how it's a good thing.

If you're not even sure how many of them still work for you, it's not much better.
Will he still have competent ones that will vet the ones that think to remain? Cause their ma be a bloack sheep among them ....
My understanding is that most of Human Resources is gone, resigned or fired, fwiw.
:think: who will still be available to process all those resignations? The boss himself :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

Twitter

I’m aghast at the wholesale crapping on Twitter employees, who have dedicated years and untold work over that time.
https://twitter.com/govmikehuckabee/sta ... 2456945667
Gov. Mike Huckabee @GovMikeHuckabee wrote: Good for @elonmusk ! He expects people to work hard & earn the paycheck. What a novel idea! Twitter will be better w/ ppl who have a work ethic and don't censor views they don't agree with.
Fox News @FoxNews wrote: Twitter reportedly losing more staff members after Musk's 'hardcore' ultimatum https://fxn.ws/3hMpjHj
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

When things start breaking Musk will obviously blame it on employee sabotage rather than his own incompetence. Just watch.
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:52 am I’m aghast at the wholesale crapping on Twitter employees, who have dedicated years and untold work over that time.
When a person shows you who they are, believe them. Republicans campaign on the idea that they are pro-employees, but they really hate employees.
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona

Twitter

A terrifying list of over 50 destructive scenarios at link.
https://twitter.com/MosquitoCapital/sta ... 0310302720
Mosquito Capital @MosquitoCapital wrote: I've seen a lot of people asking "why does everyone think Twitter is doomed?"

As an SRE and sysadmin with 10+ years of industry experience, I wanted to write up a few scenarios that are real threats to the integrity of the bird site over the coming weeks.

For context, I have seen some variant of every one of these problems pose a serious threat to a billion-user application. I've even caused a couple of the more technical ones. I've been involved with triaging or fixing even more.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Twitter

Post by bill_g »

The bird site

Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:52 am I’m aghast at the wholesale crapping on Twitter employees, who have dedicated years and untold work over that time.
Gov. Mike Huckabee @GovMikeHuckabee wrote: Good for @elonmusk ! He expects people to work hard & earn the paycheck. What a novel idea! Twitter will be better w/ ppl who have a work ethic and don't censor views they don't agree with.
Fox News @FoxNews wrote: Twitter reportedly losing more staff members after Musk's 'hardcore' ultimatum https://fxn.ws/3hMpjHj
Tell me you have no idea how tech works without telling me you have NO FUCKING idea how tech works.

What else will you kill for not pushing your message?
cjroberts
Verified:

Twitter

Post by cjroberts »

Elongate is really going to be drawn out
Go Land Crabs!
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:16 am
:cantlook: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Jim

Twitter

Post by Jim »

cjroberts wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:06 pm Elongate is really going to be drawn out
Actually, he's doing what a lot of businesses that have a massive revenue drop. Layoffs and downsizing the company.
cjroberts
Verified:

Twitter

Post by cjroberts »

Jim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:32 pm
cjroberts wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:06 pm Elongate is really going to be drawn out
Actually, he's doing what a lot of businesses that have a massive revenue drop. Layoffs and downsizing the company.
I understand. Buy demanding employees pledge to be extremely hardcore? Is he transforming Twitter into SpaceXXX>
Go Land Crabs!
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Thoughtful layoffs. He’s sledgehammering without a clue.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Well, a self induced massive revenue drop that was brought on by doing things like threatening massive layoffs and downsizing. Don't put the cart in front of the horse here.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

I'm thinking that somewhere in this outline of his plans were the following:

1. Something Batshit Insane
2. Something Else Batshit Insane
3. More Batshit Insanity.
4. You know what we need? Some crazy bastarding.
99. ????
100. Profit!
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Volkonski »

Yes but his layoffs were not planned well.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:36 pm
Tell me you have no idea how tech works without telling me you have NO FUCKING idea how tech works.

Tell me you have no idea how work works without telling me you have NO FUCKING idea how employees work.

Again, I ain't the management genius that Elmo is, (actually not that long ago my org chart had close to 10,000 people below me in 3 locations so I did pick up a few things) but when you axe half the company you generally want to wait at least 30 days before you write a "you have 36 hours to promise to start sleeping here for the foreseeable future or hit the bricks" email to the half you didn't fire. It's just not good for morale and you're going to have to buy pizza for the whole floor now.

I've known what a fuckup Elon is for a long time. The first time I ever heard of him was when I read The PayPal Wars which has an book long storyline of how one of the core jobs of some people was to distract Elon or just block him from ever actually doing anything because he was a dumpster fire then.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Is this yours? Excellent!!
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:56 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:36 pm

Tell me you have no idea how work works without telling me you have NO FUCKING idea how employees work.

Again, I ain't the management genius that Elmo is, (actually not that long ago my org chart had close to 10,000 people below me in 3 locations so I did pick up a few things) but when you axe half the company you generally want to wait at least 30 days before you write a "you have 36 hours to promise to start sleeping here for the foreseeable future or hit the bricks" email to the half you didn't fire. It's just not good for morale and you're going to have to buy pizza for the whole floor now.

I've known what a fuckup Elon is for a long time. The first time I ever heard of him was when I read The PayPal Wars which has an book long storyline of how one of the core jobs of some people was to distract Elon or just block him from ever actually doing anything because he was a dumpster fire then.
Elon Musk on Erick Jackson (author of Paypal Wars quoted in article):
"The only negativity in recent years was due to a book called The PayPal Wars, written by a sycophantic jackass called Eric Jackson. This guy was one notch above an intern at PayPal in the first few years of the company, but gives the impression he was a key player and privy to all the high level discussions. Eric couldn't find a real publisher, so Peter funded Eric to self-publish the book. Since Eric worships Peter, the outcome was obvious - Peter sounds like Mel Gibson in Braveheart and my role is somewhere between negligible and a bad seed. However, to his credit, Peter didn't realize the book would be as bad as it was and apologized to me personally at a Room 9 board meeting at David Sacks's home in LA."
He sounds familiar…who also talks like that… :shrug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:04 pm
Oh good, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who noticed ...
Katie Porter '28
jemcanada2

Twitter

Post by jemcanada2 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:55 pm
I was :lol: :lol: and :rotflmao: :rotflmao: too
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:56 pm :snippity:

:snippity:
I have the impression he is handling Twitter as he would handle his Tesla production line. Blue collor workers can be replaced cause they essentially do repetitive tasks. He missed the point of a service and software company that develops unique solutions. Let Elon Musk go thru his Tesla R&D facility and cut those engineers back by half. Then ask him where his next Tesla model will come to market.
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:17 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:55 pm
I was :lol: :lol: and :rotflmao: :rotflmao: too
I don't want to be left in the left field, I am a commie! ME TOO!

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”