Hijack This Thread

zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by zekeb »

An F-35 can replace an A-10? Really?
Largo al factotum.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

zekeb wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:49 pm An F-35 can replace an A-10? Really?
The A-10 has been mothballed more times that you have fingers. Each time the US Army and USMC started to get them out, the USAF reactivated them. Air Force is very protective of their toys...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:53 pm
The A-10 has been mothballed more times that you have fingers. Each time the US Army and USMC started to get them out, the USAF reactivated them. Air Force is very protective of their toys...
Give them to the Army and Marines. The Air Force must be afraid that the Army would use Warrant Officers to replace Air Force officers.
Largo al factotum.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

So it's okay then that the Arabs bought the F-35s?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

So back around Christmas, when former President Plague demanded $2000 stimulus checks, just to throw a hand grenade in the the GOP room, I made the following comment:

"Maybe he got a visit from three spirits last night"

One of our excellent Fogbozers came back with: "John Lewis as the Ghost of Christmas Past"

SO:

Ghost of Christmas Past: John Lewis, Shows Plague being found guilty of violating the Fair Housing Act.
Ghost of Christmas Present:
[Me]: Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come: Justice Ruth Ginsberg, showing him in prison.
Jacob Marley:
Bob Cratchet:

Fill in the blanks, and add as you like :D
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
somerset

Post by somerset »

The point is that the F-16 and A-10 are very different planes with very different roles. Expecting one plane to replace both seems like an unrealistic expectation.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

somerset wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:04 am
The point is that the F-16 and A-10 are very different planes with very different roles. Expecting one plane to replace both seems like an unrealistic expectation.
That has seemed to be a common occurrence on military planes. Every so often, they decide they want a one size fits all plane and that just bakes failure into the process, especially if the missions are very distinct.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

One of the cases scheduled for the SCOTUS conference tomorrow is:

Iqbal S. Randhawa v. Bank of New York Mellon, fka The Bank of New York, No. 20-909

Too bad Mr. Randhawa's was a Truth in Lending Act case that was tossed due to the statute of limitations being long expired (by 10 years or so). I would have been amused if Iqbal was Iqbaled.
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:41 pm So back around Christmas, when former President Plague demanded $2000 stimulus checks, just to throw a hand grenade in the the GOP room, I made the following comment:

"Maybe he got a visit from three spirits last night"

One of our excellent Fogbozers came back with: "John Lewis as the Ghost of Christmas Past"

SO:

Ghost of Christmas Past: John Lewis, Shows Plague being found guilty of violating the Fair Housing Act.
Ghost of Christmas Present:
[Me]: Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come: Justice Ruth Ginsberg, showing him in prison.
Jacob Marley:
Bob Cratchet:

Fill in the blanks, and add as you like :D
Ghosts of Christmas Present: Floyd George and Heather Heyer
Bob Cratchet: Michael Cohen
Jacob Marley: Any of former person's dead business partners
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Jamal Khashoggi: US to release report on Saudi journalist murder”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56193263
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

"Illinois Rut" is on Outdoor TV channel right now in case anyone upthread is interested.
Largo al factotum.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

This Quick Reply thing is neither a feature nor a bug, but it is incredibly distracting, annoying, and obnoxious. I, for one, hate it.
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think I could get used to it, but I'd probably click on the Full Editor & Preview 99 percent of the time.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingout ... story.html
Abstract sculptor Anton Bakker’s math-derived structures are on exhibit at some of the world’s best-known sites, including the Washington Monument grounds, New York’s Times Square and equally prominent locations in Paris, Tokyo, Mexico City and more. Now, they’re also in your backyard and living room.

This is possible because the sculptures are not, of course, really anywhere. They’re virtual entities that can be seen only through cellphones and other camera-equipped mobile devices, not with the naked eye. Observed via a digital lens, though, the sleek creations housed at globalsculpturepark.com have a compelling presence. They can be approached, circumnavigated and — it almost goes without saying — selfie-ized. (Click the “Activate AR” button to bring up the augmented-reality display, which places the artworks, virtually, in your own environment.)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:22 pm This Quick Reply thing is neither a feature nor a bug, but it is incredibly distracting, annoying, and obnoxious. I, for one, hate it.
My flawless typing will be a thing of the past. :lol:
Largo al factotum.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:22 pm This Quick Reply thing is neither a feature nor a bug, but it is incredibly distracting, annoying, and obnoxious. I, for one, hate it.
Hate it, but I'm not sure if it is true hate, or just because I'm not used to it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It was an accident. I have disabled it again. I was trying to find out why I can't add smilies. I have submitted a request to the phpBB support team about that.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:46 pm
It was an accident. I have disabled it again. I was trying to find out why I can't add smilies. I have submitted a request to the phpBB support team about that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:46 pm
OhThankdoG! And thank you Foogy who did nothing wrong and takes eggsellent care of his wee boogle!
😘🥰🐔🐣🐤🐥
Image Image Image Image
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Has anyone who e-filed their taxes on the 12th received their refund yet?
Largo al factotum.
bbflatt

Post by bbflatt »

Zeke, my direct deposit landed yesterday. My MIL got hers on Monday.
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

bbflatt wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:54 pm Zeke, my direct deposit landed yesterday. My MIL got hers on Monday.
Thanks, bb. I'll keep watching.
Largo al factotum.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's so cool! I saw something like that recently. Pretty sure it was someone different, though. It could have been on the last forum.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mike Bettes
@mikebettes
Record low flu cases this season. Obviously a multitude of reasons why. 1499 cases for the season(Sept-Feb) so far. Was 174,037 at this point last year. https://cdc.gov/flu/weekly/pastreports.htm
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “General Stuff”