Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by Luke »

Pup-peroni for all! MSNBC called it, CNN not yet -- :dog:

Katie.JPG
Katie.JPG (86.97 KiB) Viewed 596 times

Hobbs 2.JPG
Hobbs 2.JPG (104.7 KiB) Viewed 596 times

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Tom Nichols @RadioFreeTom wrote: Katie Hobbs basically said: This is the choice, there's no mystery here, and trying to argue with Kari Lake is pointless. You know us both, now decide what you want.

That's an approach aimed at adults, which is why I didn't think that would work. I am really glad it did.
https://twitter.com/radiofreetom/status ... 9966568448
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

If she doesn't concede by the time they finish the count, she will be a fringe candidate forever. I'm not sure she's smart enough to see that.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The scary thing to me is that so many of these have been so close.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Boo-yah!! :groupdance: :groupdance:

I think Katie should follow Josh Shapiro's lead if asked whether Lake should concede. "Who cares. The people decide!"
raison de arizona

CNN
49F74CEF-32B8-4FCB-90E3-D2DBBCBBAABD.png
49F74CEF-32B8-4FCB-90E3-D2DBBCBBAABD.png (131.4 KiB) Viewed 588 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

New Turtle wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:17 pm If she doesn't concede by the time they finish the count, she will be a fringe candidate forever. I'm not sure she's smart enough to see that.
So far it looks like they are going to fight it all the way through ballot curing.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Hee hee…

150C1F41-5932-4C27-8D5F-4B81CE9F6D85.jpeg
150C1F41-5932-4C27-8D5F-4B81CE9F6D85.jpeg (164.18 KiB) Viewed 458 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

New Turtle wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:17 pm If she doesn't concede by the time they finish the count, she will be a fringe candidate forever. I'm not sure she's smart enough to see that.
She doesn’t have to concede, and I’m not sure a concession moves her away from the fringe.

Maybe she’ll feel better after cocktails and insurrection planning at tomorrow’s exclusive Mar-a-Lago do.

She should consider go for doubles - she also lost her fight to suppress her phone records from the J6C today, so all and all it has been a bit of a rough day.
raison de arizona

These beautiful notifications bring a tear to my eye.
D19A607A-5744-496A-B35D-BF2F4B7B9E62.png
D19A607A-5744-496A-B35D-BF2F4B7B9E62.png (123.56 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup: :biggrin:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Gupwalla wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:26 pm
She doesn’t have to concede, and I’m not sure a concession moves her away from the fringe.

Maybe she’ll feel better after cocktails and insurrection planning at tomorrow’s exclusive Mar-a-Lago do.

She should consider go for doubles - she also lost her fight to suppress her phone records from the J6C today, so all and all it has been a bit of a rough day.
That was Kelli Ward & the phone records. Head of AZ GOP & the fake electors. Conspirator with Ginny Thomas.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona

Add AP and WaPo to the list. Also, Hobbs claimed victory on the bird site.

So beautiful. Hobbs got 96% of the vote from ASU! The kids are alright!
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:35 pm That was Kelli Ward & the phone records. Head of AZ GOP & the fake electors. Conspirator with Ginny Thomas.
Ah. Thank you for the clarification.

What’s with all the Arizona crazies this season? They should have more distinctive names if I’m to keep up.
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

WOOHOO!

Lake, like pond scum will surface once again in the 2024 Presidential race. She's my early favorite to be trump's Veep candidate.
She will be in a race with Kristi Noem to see who can more effectively charm the OSG.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gen Z absolutely CRUSHED it during this election. It's awesome.

Even Townhall is calling it -- that's gonna sting.

Townhall Katie.JPG
Townhall Katie.JPG (102.04 KiB) Viewed 504 times

One of Kari's best moves was at CPAC when she asked if there were John McCain supporters there. Several raised their hands. She said to get the hell out of there. Kari actually said that her campaign drove a stake through the heart of the McCain campaign.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Mr. Gneiss wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:47 pm WOOHOO!

Lake, like pond scum will surface once again in the 2024 Presidential race. She's my early favorite to be trump's Veep candidate.
She will be in a race with Kristi Noem to see who can more effectively charm the OSG.
Can't have 2 losers on the ticket. At least Kristi Noem won her election.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Mr. Gneiss wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:47 pm WOOHOO!

She will be in a race with Kristi Noem to see who can more effectively charm pay more to perform sexual favors for the OSG.
FIFY
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bob

Post by bob »

New Turtle wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:17 pm If she doesn't concede by the time they finish the count, she will be a fringe candidate forever.
If by "fringe," you mean the star of a significant portion of the Republican party, sure.

Lake would gladly run against Sinema in 2024. And will attempt to out-crazy Ducey, Masters, Biggs, etc., for the opportunity.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Wow, that one was a nail biter for sure! Got an email from my new Governor-Elect!
Katie Hobbs wrote: Subject: We won!

I am so honored and proud to be reaching out to you for the first time as Governor-elect Katie Hobbs!

It has been a long year and a half, but in this election, Arizonans chose solving our problems over conspiracy theories. We chose sanity over chaos. We chose unity over division. We chose a better Arizona. And we chose democracy, the system of government that made America the best and most prosperous country in the history of the world.

I want to thank the voters for entrusting me with this immense responsibility. It is truly the honor of a lifetime, and I will do everything in my power to make you proud. I want to thank my family, our volunteers, and campaign staff. Without all of your hard work, passion, and sacrifice this day would not be possible. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I also want to thank you — whether you pitched in to support our campaign, added your name to a petition, or just took the time to open messages like this one. I am incredibly grateful for your support every step of the way.

This was not just about an election – it was about moving this state forward and dealing with the challenges of our generation.

And I’m ready to take those challenges on. As governor, I will do everything in my power to get the job done for Arizona families and deliver solutions to tackle rising costs on housing and groceries, homelessness, our water crisis, the border crisis, and to restore women’s reproductive freedoms.

These problems are urgent. And it’s going to take both parties working together to fix them.

But the attacks on democracy won’t end today with this victory. And so it is on all of us to continue to defend it.

As I have said before, I’ve never been afraid of a tough fight. And it was thanks to every single one of you that we got through this one.

Now let's get to work.

— Katie
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Fox News has called it for Hobbs, but made sure they dropped in a caveat.
Arizona gov election: Katie Hobbs defeats GOP challenger Kari Lake, race may now go to recount under state law
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizon ... -state-law

The Arizona law change moved the trigger for an automatic recount from .1 to a half percent. Right now, the difference is over a half percent so Fox may be trying to give some comfort to their MAGA fans (and they could end up being right).
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:00 pm
New Turtle wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:17 pm If she doesn't concede by the time they finish the count, she will be a fringe candidate forever.
If by "fringe," you mean the star of a significant portion of the Republican party, sure.

Lake would gladly run against Sinema in 2024. And will attempt to out-crazy Ducey, Masters, Biggs, etc., for the opportunity.
Just my take on the election results:

She can't win a statewide general election as-is, she lost voters in her own party plus unaffiliated voters she couldn't afford to lose. These voters are telling her she is unacceptable to vote for, even with the (R) by her name. Same goes for Mastriano in PA, they instead voted for (or otherwise were OK with) candidates who at least have experience in public office and say or do the basic things expected of a candidate. If Lake ever wants to run again, step 1 is to admit she lost fair and square. This is what many of the other questionable candidates have done when they lost this cycle, likely because they listen to their managers who tell them the same thing.

If she goes the other way, she will still have a group of crazies donating and following her, but that group will only get smaller and smaller until it's too small to even win a primary. Given enough failed promises and broken fantasies, even the crazies will start looking elsewhere or just go back to not voting anymore. The coming House realignment I think will move this process along faster. The national party doesn't want these voters, they want the 5-10% of their own plus some of the unaffiliated who didn't vote for Lake.
raison de arizona

Kari Lake @KariLake wrote: Arizonans know BS when they see it.
https://twitter.com/karilake/status/1592358184207151106

Return to “Governors & State Elections”