X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter (merged with the lawsuit thread)

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
I merged the two threads.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Blue tag = Verified cesspool :(
noblepa

Twitter

Post by noblepa »

Greatgrey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:42 am
neonzx wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:55 am

Mike Sington@MikeSington
The new Twitter Blue subscription, which gives you a blue check verification, starts Nov 7, according to internal documents seen by The NY Times. You will not have to provide any proof of identification. In the past, Twitter required government issued ID to become verified.
So... You can get a blue-check if your payment method is successful. Sounds like legit verification. "subscription" not "verification"
Yes, and many of us are changing our avatar names & profiles to Elon Musk on the 7th.
So, on Monday, the Blue Check mark officially becomes worthless to everyone except Elon Musk.

So, exactly what perks will your $8 buy you? It used to be that a blue check gave the reader at least a little assurance that the person tweeting is who they say they are. Not true anymore.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Maybe Musk would get a clue if other car manufacturers would start putting Tesla badges on their vehicles.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Wow, Musk has a totally different definition for nothing has changed then say, reality.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:violin: :crying:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

Greatgrey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:42 am Yes, and many of us are changing our avatar names & profiles to Elon Musk on the 7th.
Hrm. Has anyone signed up to take "X Æ A-12 Musk" yet? :)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
lunaluz

Post by lunaluz »

What I have been hearing on Twitter is that many big accounts blue checkmarked and not verified have been losing followers involuntarily, They are accusing Twitter of separating them from their followers. I don't know if it is true or if people are just leaving twitter, my number of people I follow, or that follows me, has remained pretty stable granted I have a small account ,just over 5000. I am not there for the numbers but for the conversation. It's interesting to watch.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

ROTFL, Elmo plagiarized Trump make that tweet.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona

Ashton Pittman @ashtonpittman wrote: Elon Musk, a verifiable POS, has fired Twitter's entire human rights and disability access teams.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Twitter fact checkers fact check Musk's BS! :lol:
Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: This is getting good now. Twitter has added a “fact check” to Elon Musk’s own tweet falsely claiming activist groups are responsible for a massive drop in Twitter revenue. Twitter points out it’s his own mismanagement that’s responsible.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I looks like the plagiarism isn’t from the Trump account, but a Trump parody account? Kinda hard to be certain, but it wasn’t Trump’s tweet.

But, it does look like the fact check thing was there for a scarramucci.
raison de arizona

:explode:
Versha Sharma @versharma wrote: laying off the entire curation team 4 days before incredibly consequential midterm elections in the U.S., just a genius move

to be clear
Richie Assaly @rdassaly wrote: Looks like Elon Musk fired the entire curation team.

These were the folks who tackled misinfo, contextualized conversations via the 'Explore' page, and helped make Twitter an unmatched source for breaking news.

This will make Twitter noisier, more dangerous & less interesting
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:00 pm https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/statu ... 0768129025
Ashton Pittman @ashtonpittman wrote: Elon Musk, a verifiable POS, has fired Twitter's entire human rights and disability access teams.
That will raise some international eyebrowse, as it will in some companies marketing departments that speak ad budgets.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I was thinking about this earlier today (thought about folding myself a nice shiny hat), and this will be a real issue if there isn’t a Red Wave (crossing fingers) and Dems keep the House and Senate and other key positions…

Of course, R’s are now poor losers that will claim fraud and not concede.
Twitter will be aflame with conspiracy nonsense.

Musk seems to fall in with the conspiracy nuts.

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:48 pm :explode:
Versha Sharma @versharma wrote: laying off the entire curation team 4 days before incredibly consequential midterm elections in the U.S., just a genius move

to be clear
Richie Assaly @rdassaly wrote: Looks like Elon Musk fired the entire curation team.

These were the folks who tackled misinfo, contextualized conversations via the 'Explore' page, and helped make Twitter an unmatched source for breaking news.

This will make Twitter noisier, more dangerous & less interesting
raison de arizona

Twitter is devolving in front of our eyes. Antisemitism is on the rise, and apparently allowed at this point.
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Metric tons of advertising are pausing, reportedly.
ADL @ADL wrote: Today, we are joining dozens of other groups to ask advertisers to pause Twitter spending because we are profoundly concerned about antisemitism and hate on the platform. Here's why we're asking advertisers to #StopHateForProfit and #StopToxicTwitter🧵
raison de arizona

I'm not sure what circular firing squad logic is going on here, but have at it I suppose.
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Regarding Twitter’s reduction in force, unfortunately there is no choice when the company is losing over $4M/day.

Everyone exited was offered 3 months of severance, which is 50% more than legally required.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Yeah, well, who saddled the company with $900 million dollars a year in new debt service?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

chancery wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:25 pm Yeah, well, who saddled the company with $900 million dollars a year in new debt service?
Did he do the Mitt Romney thing of borrowing a whole load of money to buy a company, then selling the debt to the company he controls, so they have to pay it back, not Romney?
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:56 pm I'm not sure what circular firing squad logic is going on here, but have at it I suppose.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1588671155766194176
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Regarding Twitter’s reduction in force, unfortunately there is no choice when the company is losing over $4M/day.

Everyone exited was offered 3 months of severance, which is 50% more than legally required.
What paper did they have to sign to pick up that bonus on the way out?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I can't apologize for something I can't control.

But I can vote with my feet. I've seen enough. I will leave Twitter. I won't support antisemitism, anti-LGBT-ism, or mysogyny in any form. Heck, if it wasn't for Joos, and gays, and women, I'd hardly have any friends at all. :mrgreen:

Honestly, I am unhappy. I hope I can find all the great people I have followed again someday. But I follow a lot of Joos, and gays, and women. I think most of them will leave Twitter too also. Maybe I'll find them all somewhere. :(
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Some of my favorite blue checks went to counter.social. Don’t know that I want an anonymous hacktivist to have my info.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:14 pm Honestly, I am unhappy. I hope I can find all the great people I have followed again someday. But I follow a lot of Joos, and gays, and women. I think most of them will leave Twitter too also. Maybe I'll find them all somewhere. :(
Literally only have my Twitter account to read Mike D., Popehat, and JoJoFromJerz tweets. I can find them other ways if they choose to vacate the premises, I suppose.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

as per NYT
Confusion and Frustration Reign as Elon Musk Cuts Half of Twitter’s Staff
The layoffs hit across many divisions, including the engineering and machine learning units, the teams that manage content moderation, and the sales and advertising departments.

By Kate Conger, Ryan Mac and Mike Isaac
Nov. 4, 2022 Updated 7:35 p.m. ET

SAN FRANCISCO — When the ax came down at Twitter on Friday, it did not fall smoothly.

The first sign that some of the company’s 7,500 employees had been laid off came when their email accounts were shut off late Thursday. Yet they received no official word about termination and some of their Slack accounts still worked. In Twitter’s offices in Ireland and Britain, employees stayed up late waiting for the San Francisco headquarters to inform them of their job status. Some learned they were unemployed in the middle of their night.

The cuts were so haphazard that at one late-night meeting about the Twitter Blue subscription product, at least one worker was locked out of the company’s systems during the call, according to three people with knowledge of the meeting and internal messages viewed by The New York Times.

Many employees vented on Twitter. Chris Younie, a member of the partnerships team based in London, discovered he had been laid off when he checked his corporate laptop and email account after midnight and could not access the internal systems.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”