Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by RTH10260 »

I bet they have been identified for false bot counts :twisted:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by raison de arizona »

Seeing lots of N-words dropping on Twitter, apparently that is what people have missed the most. :roll:

Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Twitter will be forming a content moderation council with widely diverse viewpoints.

No major content decisions or account reinstatements will happen before that council convenes.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Foggy »

Does this mean I can call Tomi Lahren a bimbo again? Just for Phoenix's sake, I want to send a tweet to Tomi Lahren calling her a bimbo. :daydreaming:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
raison de arizona

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

I wouldn't bimbo anyone quite yet.
Zachary Petrizzo @ZTPetrizzo wrote: Far-right radio host Stew Peters has been re-banned from Twitter after he made a new account last night.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Reality Check »

I changed my mind after reading Mike Dunford's and some other Tweets and articles. I do not Tweet much anyway. I mostly read feeds from MD, emptywheel, Akiva Coken, Adam Klasfeld and Marc Elias on Tweet Deck. If they are all staying then I would miss reading their threads. Of course I will block the nasties like you know who and asshole Musk.
Sam the Centipede

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Prompted by RC's plan to block His Muskiness Emperor Elon: it wouldn't surprise me if Twitter soon awards an unblockable status for certain privileged accounts. Nobody should be deprived of Musk's wisdom!
raison de arizona

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:21 pm Prompted by RC's plan to block His Muskiness Emperor Elon: it wouldn't surprise me if Twitter soon awards an unblockable status for certain privileged accounts. Nobody should be deprived of Musk's wisdom!
As a separately priced product, of course. Buy yerself to unblockable status!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Foggy »

All my tweets are worth TWICE their weight in pure gold.

Here, put one on the scale, lemme show ya ...
RTH10260

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by RTH10260 »

How much worth is your gold after I stamp it with a large T ?

:twisted:

► Show Spoiler
duck dodgers
Verified: ✅ Until 23,500

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by duck dodgers »

Deleted my Twitter today. It was a cesspool and is only going to get worse.
"You can syndicate any boat you row"
Foggy
Dick Tater

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Foggy »

I had a bizzy day, I haven't even looked, and I won't be checking it tonight. I'm reading an excellent book, and I'm in no hurry to witness a car wreck - or a dumpster fire, depending on your perspective.

I figger I'll give it a few days, follow along with the comments here, and maybe take a peek or two sometime soon.

Everything changes. Everything.

I'm getting better at rolling with the changes. Twitter has been interesting as hell, sometimes an amazing gift, such as when I swapped private messages with one of my favorite authors - she lives in Oz. There are things that are appalling, and things that are brilliant and worthwhile and irreplaceable ... but Twitter will be replaced. Hopefully, with something even better. I believe there can be something better.
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
chancery
Verified:

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by chancery »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:54 pm Also:
Deirdre Bosa @dee_bosa wrote: It’s happening

Entire team of data engineers let go. These are two of them

#TwitterTakeover
Lauren Weinstein, an internet expert and activist since _the 1970s_ who despises Musk, says that this report is fake.
raison de arizona

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

chancery wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:54 pm Also:
https://twitter.com/dee_bosa/status/1586042389851820034
Deirdre Bosa @dee_bosa wrote: It’s happening

Entire team of data engineers let go. These are two of them

#TwitterTakeover
Lauren Weinstein, an internet expert and activist since _the 1970s_ who despises Musk, says that this report is fake.
Wouldn’t surprise me, a lot of fake stuff going on. I think it may be two pranksters pranking the news. Subsequent to this tweet, I saw an interview where one of them gave his name as a well known joke name.
bob

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by bob »

I don't know whether the report is true, but that's not Twitter's SF HQ.
Image ImageImage
RVInit

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by RVInit »

Oh lookie! Trump and Jared's good friend.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Slim Cognito »

Pretty soon they'll be tweet-bragging about how they murdered a Washington Post journalist.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Volkonski »

GM temporarily halts paid advertising on Twitter

https://www.reuters.com/technology/gm-t ... ce=twitter
General Motors Co (GM.N) said late on Friday it had temporarily halted paid advertising on Twitter after Elon Musk completed his takeover of the social media company.

The largest U.S. automaker said it was "engaging with Twitter to understand the direction of the platform under their new ownership."

Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Musk is also chief executive of GM rival Tesla Inc (TSLA.O).

GM said "as is normal course of business with a significant change in a media platform, we have temporarily paused our paid advertising." The Detroit automaker added its "customer care interactions on Twitter will continue."
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by RTH10260 »

RVInit wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:36 pm Oh lookie! Trump and Jared's good friend.

https://twitter.com/ahmed/status/1586096595249995776
Ahmed Al Omran @ahmed
Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed becomes Twitter’s second-largest investor after Elon Musk
الوليد بن طلال
@Alwaleed_Talal
Dear friend "Chief Twit" @elonmusk

Together all the way 🤝🏻 @Twitter
10:44 PM · Oct 28, 2022
So the Americans now will get Sharia Law applied on Twitter? Beheading rather than losing the account? Whipping rather than tongue lashing? :twisted:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Greatgrey »

I wonder what would happen to my account if I used Google Translate to post something in Arabic like.. oh say, “The Crown Prince fucks goats” ?
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
much ado

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by much ado »

bob wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:13 pm
I don't know whether the report is true, but that's not Twitter's SF HQ.
Based on some clues in the photograph, I've found the exact location in Google Maps. They are standing on 10th St. in San Francisco, at the entrance to "Market Square", which is along Stevenson St., a walkway. The sign that barely shows at the right of the image can be seen in this Google Maps street view, link below. The address of Twitter headquarters is 1355 Market St., but there is a rear entrance to the building on Stevenson. They could have come out of the rear entrance, turned right, and walked a few feet to that location. This, of course, says nothing about whether they were laid off or why.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7759568 ... 384!8i8192

ETA: Here's another report that this story was faked...

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/28/234 ... -elon-musk
raison de arizona

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Musk’s takeover, measured in n-words per hour.
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by Volkonski »

pipistrelle

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by pipistrelle »

Doesn't sound "America First" to me, but I'm no Marjorie Taylor Greene.
raison de arizona

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Elon Musk Is Said to Have Ordered Job Cuts Across Twitter
The billionaire planned to begin layoffs as soon as Saturday, people with knowledge of the matter said.

SAN FRANCISCO — Elon Musk planned to begin laying off workers at Twitter as soon as Saturday, four people with knowledge of the matter said, with some managers being asked to draw up lists of employees to cut.

Mr. Musk, who completed a $44 billion deal to buy Twitter on Thursday, has ordered the cuts across the company, with some teams to be trimmed more than others, said three of the people, who declined to be identified for fear of retaliation. The scale of the layoffs could not be determined. Twitter has around 7,500 employees.

Reports of layoffs at Twitter have swirled since Mr. Musk agreed to buy the company in April. The billionaire, who also leads the electric carmaker Tesla and the rocket company SpaceX, has told investors that he would take Twitter private, reduce its work force, roll back its content moderation rules and find new revenue streams.

The layoffs at Twitter would take place before a Nov. 1 date when employees were scheduled to receive stock grants as part of their compensation. Such grants typically represent a significant portion of employees’ pay. By laying off workers before that date, Mr. Musk may avoid paying the grants.
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/29/tech ... -jobs.html

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”