Another Shooting

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Another Shooting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Yes, it is a question which should be asked. Or, "we keep our guns in a gun safe and our ammunition on a closet shelf. Where do you keep yours?"
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Another Shooting

Post by RTH10260 »

"What are guns?"

:twisted:
Dave from down under

Another Shooting

Post by Dave from down under »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:04 pm Yes, it is a question which should be asked. Or, "we keep our guns in a gun safe and our ammunition on a closet shelf. Where do you keep yours?"
Ammunition needs to be kept in a separate safe to be safe.

otherwise when played with they might go off....
(rocks, fire, unsecured unloaded gun etc)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Another Shooting

Post by raison de arizona »

Why did he even have a gun?
Teen playing with gun accidentally shoots, kills woman at Superstition Springs Mall, police say

Police say a woman is dead after a teen boy accidentally shot and killed her in the parking lot of Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa on Monday afternoon. Three people were inside a car in the mall lot near the U.S. 60 and Power Road when a 16-year-old boy was playing around with a gun in the back seat. Police say the gun went off, hitting the 20-year-old woman sitting in the front seat. She was taken to the hospital but later died.

Police detained the boy, but it’s unknown if he’ll face charges. The woman’s name has not been released. Officers didn’t say if the third person inside the car was hurt. The investigation is ongoing.
https://www.azfamily.com/2022/10/24/tee ... olice-say/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
roadscholar

Another Shooting

Post by roadscholar »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:12 pm Why did he even have a gun?
Teen playing with gun accidentally shoots, kills woman at Superstition Springs Mall, police say

Police say a woman is dead after a teen boy accidentally shot and killed her in the parking lot of Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa on Monday afternoon. Three people were inside a car in the mall lot near the U.S. 60 and Power Road when a 16-year-old boy was playing around with a gun in the back seat. Police say the gun went off, hitting the 20-year-old woman sitting in the front seat. She was taken to the hospital but later died.

Police detained the boy, but it’s unknown if he’ll face charges. The woman’s name has not been released. Officers didn’t say if the third person inside the car was hurt. The investigation is ongoing.
https://www.azfamily.com/2022/10/24/tee ... olice-say/
Even money he found it under a front car seat. Loaded and chambered. :brickwallsmall:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

We only had a shotgun and a rifle, but my parents drilled into me constantly "the devil loads a gun twice a year." as a result I'd NEVER assume a gun was unloaded until I checked first.

This kids are probably filled up with the freedom of guns and your right to use them and bugger all about safety.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Another Shooting

:( We asked and the kid’s buddy’s mom carries a loaded handgun in her purse, which goes on a hook in the entryway at home. They are otherwise lovely people.

They are trying to pass a law here to require firearm instruction in grade school. With the ubiquitous of guns around these parts, it’s probably a good idea.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
roadscholar

Another Shooting

Post by roadscholar »

Didn't somebody say (regarding the 'Patriot' Act?) that "the Constitution is not a suicide pact?"

Why wouldn't that be applicable to the 2nd Amendment? :think:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
sugar magnolia

Another Shooting

Post by sugar magnolia »

"The gun went off."
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Another Shooting

Post by RTH10260 »

The former guy was thinking...

... about playing beeing a war president :blackeye:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Phoenix520 »

If I were queen I’d start with this: parents are automatically responsible any time a child under 14 handles a gun that results in injury or death. No exceptions, let them argue in court.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:41 pm If I were queen I’d start with this: parents are automatically responsible any time a child under 14 handles a gun that results in injury or death. No exceptions, let them argue in court.
Definitely. A lot of parents want to try to control so many things related to their kids, like so much of the dumbfuckery going on in education right now or what kinds of content various entertainments can have, but they never seem to want to accept responsibility for their kids' bad behavior.

I mean, no children can learn about slavery because it might traumatize Timmy's little white feelings, and they demand that as his parents they have the right and responsibility to make sure that doesnt happen. But they don't want to take any responsibility to keep guns out of Timmy's hands, even though being involved in a gun accident could be so much more traumatizing. And if Timmy hurt someone else's kid, that's not his parents fault, no way, no how. It's just fucking ridiculous.
raison de arizona

Another Shooting

Wife says, “What the fuck with this place?” Indeed. Local to us.
Eight-year-old girl dies, man arrested after road rage shooting in north Phoenix

Phoenix police say an eight-year-old girl has died and a man has been arrested, facing first-degree murder charges, after a road rage shooting in north Phoenix.

The incident happened around 11 a.m. Thursday near 16th Street and Greenway Parkway.

Phoenix police say there was an argument between people inside two separate vehicles.

The driver of one of the vehicles had just picked up his daughters from school. The girls were in the backseat while his wife was in the front passenger seat, according to court documents.

While driving, another motorist became upset, claiming the other driver turned in front of them at a four-way stop. People from both vehicles exchanged words and continued driving. A short time later, both vehicles came to another stop and an argument continued, police said.

During the argument, two men got into a physical fight after exiting their vehicles. One of the men stabbed the other several times and then drove away.

The man that was stabbed grabbed a gun and fired at the vehicle as it was driving away, police said.

One of the bullets hit an eight-year-old girl that was sitting in the backseat. She was taken to a hospital in critical, but stable condition, where she later died.
:snippity:
https://www.abc15.com/traffic/police-in ... in-phoenix
RVInit

Another Shooting

Post by RVInit »

:( :cry: :cry: :cry:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dave from down under

Another Shooting

Post by Dave from down under »

51 people would like to talk to him about "inhumane and degrading" treatment - but they can't - he massacred them

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-08/ ... /101627864

The Australian man convicted of killing 51 people when he opened fire on two Christchurch mosques in 2019 has filed an appeal against both his convictions and his sentence.

Key points:
The attacker was sentenced to life without parole in August 2020
New Zealand's Court of Appeal has confirmed an appeal has been filed against that sentence and the attacker's convictions
Previously, the attacker's lawyer signalled his client believed he had received "inhumane and degrading" treatment while in custody
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Another Shooting

Post by keith »

Probably, his main complaint is that there was only 1 ice cream flavour on offer.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Volkonski
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

At least 5 people killed, 18 injured in shooting at LGBTQ nightclub in Colorado Springs

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/20/us/color ... index.html
At least five people were killed and 18 others injured in a mass shooting at an LGBTQ nightclub on Saturday in Colorado Springs, Colorado, according to police.

Authorities received numerous 911 calls starting at 11:57 p.m. and responded to the scene at Club Q, said Colorado Springs Police Lt. Pamela Castro.

“They did locate one individual who we believe to be the suspect inside,” said Castro. “At this point in time, the suspect is being treated, but is in custody.”

In a statement on social media, Club Q said it was “devastated by the senseless attack on our community” and thanked “the quick reactions of heroic customers that subdued the gunman and ended this hate attack.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

More details...
https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/tren ... R5HKXNES4/
The shooting occurred at about 11:57 p.m. MST at Club Q, an LGBTQ nightclub in Colorado Springs, KDVR-TV reported.

Update 10:32 a.m. EST Nov. 20: Colorado Springs police Chief Adrian Vasquez said during a Sunday morning news conference that two weapons, including a “long rifle,” were found at the scene. He added that the shooter immediately began firing the weapon as he entered the nightclub.

Colorado Gov. Jared Polis said the news was “sickening.”

“My heart breaks for the family and friends of those lost, injured and traumatized in this horrific shooting. I have spoken with Mayor (John) Suthers and clarified that every state resource is available to local law enforcement in Colorado Springs,” Polis, who was elected as the nation’s first openly gay governor in 2018, said in a statement. “Colorado stands with our LGTBQ community and everyone impacted by this tragedy as we mourn.”

Update 10:18 a.m. EST Nov. 20: During a Sunday morning news conference, police identified the suspected shooter as Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22.

Colorado Springs police Chief Adrian Vasquez said that when the suspect entered Club Q, he was confronted by two “heroic” patrons who stopped the shooter.

“We owe them a great debt of thanks,” Vasquez told reporters.

Colorado Springs police Chief Adrian Vasquez said during a news conference that two weapons, including a “long rifle,” were found at the scene. He added that the shooter immediately began firing the weapon when he entered the nightclub.

“Colorado Springs is once again in mourning,” Colorado Springs Mayor John Suthers said during the news conference. “This is a horrible crime.”

Lt. Pamela Castro, a spokesperson with the Colorado Springs Police Department, said during the news conference that the extent of the victims’ injuries was unknown. The 18 people injured did not include the suspected shooter, who was also injured.
https://www.denverpost.com/2022/11/20/a ... er-club-q/
GLAAD — the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation — called the attack “unspeakable.”

“You can draw a straight line from the false and vile rhetoric about LGBTQ people spread by extremists and amplified across social media, to the nearly 300 anti-LGBTQ bills introduced this year, to the dozens of attacks on our community like this one,” GLAAD’s president and CEO, Sarah Kate Ellis, said. “That this mass shooting took place on the eve of on Transgender Day of Remembrance, when we honor the memory of the trans people killed the prior year, deepens the trauma and tragedy for all in the LGBTQ community.
pipistrelle

Another Shooting

Post by pipistrelle »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... r-suspect/
The man detained in Saturday’s mass shooting at a Colorado Springs nightclub is a 22-year-old city resident who was charged by law enforcement officials last year in connection with a bomb threat in a neighborhood about 15 miles from the scene of the deadly rampage.

:snippity:

Aldrich’s previous encounter with law enforcement came on June 18, when he was arrested following a disturbance in the Lorson Ranch community, a suburb of modest single-family homes on the southeastern outskirts of Colorado Springs.

A woman called the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office to say that her son was threatening to hurt her with a homemade bomb and other weapons, according to a sheriff’s office report at the time. Sheriff’s deputies ordered an evacuation of the neighborhood and confronted Aldrich, then 21, at another house a mile away.

Aldrich refused at first to back down, but after a nearly one-hour standoff, he surrendered without incident. No bomb was found, but Aldrich was charged with multiple offenses, including felony menacing and kidnapping. The ultimate disposition of the case was not immediately clear.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Phoenix520 »

Heavy.com, a place I usually find too testosterone-soaked to spend much time at but who always brings some goods, has lots more.
1. Anderson Lee Aldrich, Whose Grandfather Ran for Office on a Platform Against ‘the Swamp’ & Whose Mother Once Tried to Find a Private Boxing Coach for Him, ‘Immediately Began Shooting People Inside,’ Police Say
https://heavy.com/news/anderson-lee-aldrich/

I’ll let you read more if you want. Grandpa’s in Santee CA which is in a red part of the state.

The kid is 6’6”. He’s known to be trouble(d). Bet there were strings pulled after the first incident.

Too also, and this is maybe weird maybe not, for a couple of days before this I’ve been seeing stuff about the 7 Mountain Mandate (7MM) which, coincidentally ? is a big thing for the AF Academy in ColoSprings. Weird that there was so much of it on social media. Did you notice that too?
Kendra

Another Shooting

Post by Kendra »

Granpda seems nice.
Edit: typo
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Slim Cognito »

He must be so proud.

I don't know the details of the shooting but read two heroes stopped the madman. I'm assuming the heroes were unarmed? If so, I find it incredibly uplifting that the bad guy with a gun was stopped by two unarmed gay men (or lesbians?). Who's the tough guy now?

Well, uplifting is a relative term. I'm devastated by the tragedy, only happy that the heroes stopped him before it got worse.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:53 pm Too also, and this is maybe weird maybe not, for a couple of days before this I’ve been seeing stuff about the 7 Mountain Mandate (7MM) which, coincidentally ? is a big thing for the AF Academy in ColoSprings. Weird that there was so much of it on social media. Did you notice that too?
How the fuck does that kind of religious gobbledygook become a big thing at the AF Academy?
Volkonski
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

Per NYT-

The fatal nightclub rampage in Colorado ended when someone grabbed a handgun from the gunman, then hit him with it, the Colorado Springs mayor said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
somerset

Another Shooting

Post by somerset »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:29 pm He must be so proud.

I don't know the details of the shooting but read two heroes stopped the madman. I'm assuming the heroes were unarmed? If so, I find it incredibly uplifting that the bad guy with a gun was stopped by two unarmed gay men (or lesbians?). Who's the tough guy now?

Well, uplifting is a relative term. I'm devastated by the tragedy, only happy that the heroes stopped him before it got worse.
Yes. It sounds like someone took the gun from him and beat him with it.
Mayor John Suthers of Colorado Springs said that someone had acted quickly to grab a handgun from the gunman, then hit him with it, subduing him. When police burst in, the man was still on top of the gunman, pinning him down, Mr. Suthers told The New York Times.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/11/20 ... s-shooting

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”