Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Repugnant Republicans are not just harassing voters at drop boxes. I've tried not to paint all Republicans with a broad brush, but between what I've seen in the debates, the harassment at the drop boxes, and now this, I give up.
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: .@maricopacounty BOS Chairman @billgatesaz says in a press conference that election workers are being harassed as they come to work.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

He said he was quitting, but apparently he hasn't. Shocker.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:41 pm In a bold strategic move, Maricopa County Community College Governing Board candidate Randy Kaufman gets arrested for indecent exposure at the Rio Salado campus in Surprise.

Story: https://www.12news.com/article/news/cri ... 51c5c283cd
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

The funny part is it might still. He _said_ he was going to drop out, but he hasn't yet. And even if he does, what happens if he wins anyway? He's already on the ballot and thousands have already voted.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:31 pm Repugnant Republicans are not just harassing voters at drop boxes. I've tried not to paint all Republicans with a broad brush, but between what I've seen in the debates, the harassment at the drop boxes, and now this, I give up.
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: .@maricopacounty BOS Chairman @billgatesaz says in a press conference that election workers are being harassed as they come to work.
Painting all Republicans here would probably be unfair. The BOS Chairman mentioned is himself a Republican and is speaking out about this.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Good point. I think his party has left him, however.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That is the juiciest, raciest, spiciest police report I have ever read.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:05 am That is the juiciest, raciest, spiciest police report I have ever read.
It is a good one, we'll see how it plays out for him at the polls. Speaking of the polls... They're ratcheting up their voter intimidation engine.
Report of voter intimidation referred to Department of Justice, Arizona Secretary of State's office says
The alleged intimidation happened outside the Mesa location for the second time in two weeks

An official with the Arizona Secretary of State’s office has confirmed that they have referred a report of voter intimidation to the Department of Justice and Arizona's attorney general.

The SOS office tells ABC15 that a voter was approached and followed by a group of individuals, while “the voter was trying to drop off their ballot at an early voting drop box on Monday,” an email stated.
:snippity:
Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer did not elaborate during a press conference last week on who the group is, but expressed concern if a voter becomes confronted, “Any attempt to deter, intimidate a lawful voter is unlawful, should be immediately reported, please to us, but also law enforcement.”
https://www.abc15.com/news/political/el ... of-justice

This reminder was issued "from the US Attorney in AZ":

Let my people vote!
raison de arizona

You’ll recall that in the last episode of this saga, AZ was ordered to take down their shipping container wall by the US government. Here, we pick up the story again…
Arizona refuses US demand to remove containers along border

Arizona is refusing the federal government’s demand to take down double-stacked shipping containers it placed to fill gaps in the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, saying it won’t do so until the U.S. moves to construct a permanent barrier.

The Arizona Department of Emergency and Military Affairs dug in its heels in an Oct. 18 letter to the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey ordered the installation of more than 100 double-stacked containers placed over the summer near the Morelos Dam in the Yuma, Arizona, area.

It’s the latest immigration policy flap between Republican border states and the Biden administration.
https://www.azfamily.com/2022/10/20/ari ... ng-border/
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Those containers are probably so full of holes by know you could use them as a Harmonica. People do know how to use power saws in Mexico.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

First, cut off all federal funding to their Military Departments (mostly their National Guard) and then take all their highway funds, education grants (that they are using BTW to give parents vouchers to destroy public schools) and then we can start getting creative. Arizona is the perfect state to make FO after they insist on FA.

Arizona ranked among top 10 most federally dependent states

Arizona came in at No. 6 overall, No. 11 for state residents’ dependency and No. 4 for the state government’s dependency.
“Right now as a percentage of the state revenue, about 41 percent of that comes from the federal government, so that can be seen as a plus or a minus here,” Gonzalez said.

raison de arizona

Secretary Katie Hobbs @SecretaryHobbs wrote: Cochise County plans to vote to hand count every single race on every single ballot—w/ Election Day just 18 days away & early voting already started. That’s illegal & risks the integrity & accuracy of the election. I’ve warned them: If they proceed, I’ll take legal action. ⬇️
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Amirite in reading the last paragraph in the letter about fee shifting to mean that the extra costs could fall on the collective and/or individual members of the county Board of Supervisors?

Or is it suggesting that the county would have to pay from county funds?

I assume that when BoS members act ultra vires they become potentially legally liable, but somebody who knows the applicable law will undoubtedly correct if wrong!

The state clearly has duties in regard to ensuring the correct conduct of elections, but if Cochise County people don't object to the conduct of their BoS not to paying for it, can the state enforce the fee shifting of the state has not itself lost out financially?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:20 am
The state clearly has duties in regard to ensuring the correct conduct of elections, but if Cochise County people don't object to the conduct of their BoS not to paying for it, can the state enforce the fee shifting of the state has not itself lost out financially?
I can't imagine that whether people agree with it or not would have any bearing on the legality of it.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Yes, of course in regard to legality. But if the state itself suffers no financial loss, can it demand fee shifting in effect on behalf of the people of Cochise County, even if those people haven't complained?

If it were simple analogous civil dispute among private parties, I think a party who had not actually suffered loss would not have standing to sue, but it isn't private parties.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

They'll be counting the votes until June.

raison de arizona

It's legal, gunz and all, as long as they stay at least 75 feet from the drop box.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Soemone ought to park a box car in between, or some could have a plastik plane raised while a voter drops their ballot. Print something on the plastik plane that it appears as a 1st Amendment protest.

<< insert joke about blue tarp >>
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:10 pm It's legal, gunz and all, as long as they stay at least 75 feet from the drop box.
And yet it is illegal in 25 states to post a ballot selfie.
raison de arizona

Letter sent to all Dem Party Chairs in AZ.

Ben Sent U.S.:
We are Ben Sent U.S.

We are a collective of reformed Constitutional Sentinels instructed by God to keep a watchful eye over the tyrants that wish to strip the American People, We The People, of our God given rights. We are doctors, lawyers, soldiers, clergy, students and tradesmen. We come from all walks of life, races, political affiliations, and genders. We are MANY. We are not sheep, but rather the sheepdogs. We have an ideal and causes in common. Ridding our nation and our government of its enemies, foreign and domestic, internal and external. We bring the disinfectant of light to the darkness to expose the evil ones. We will assist in guiding our people back to being a rightly virtuous people. We use all forms of intelligence and means at our disposal from the spoken word, written word, electronic, observation, and legal to accomplish our goals.

What we are NOT: We are not so called extremists that our government has labeled its citizens that believe in the Constitution, Bill of rights, and Freedom. By claiming Citizens that believe in such ideals are extremists is a declaration of war on them. We are not flag waving, rally going, meme posting keyboard warriors. We are people of action as will be demonstrated in the coming days. We emulate Yeshua as when he went out to teach the masses. It is under these principles that we seek to restore the liberties that have been stolen from the American people!
https://ben-sent-us.com/about/
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Aren't these the same people who are worried about Big Brother?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Gregg wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:06 pm They'll be counting the votes until June.
I predict that there will be entire states, not just individual counties, entire states, where they simply cannot determine the outcome of the election, due to MAGA machinations.

Following which, the MAGATs will claim that its proof you can't trust elections in America.

Following which, it's time to start putting MAGATs in the clink. :boxing:
Katie Porter '28
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

After reporting them, folks should send multiple deliveries of flowers and balloons, maybe even pizzas - anything to distract them and call attention to them.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Sooner or later, somebody is going to get hurt.
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: More armed watchers at the Mesa drop box this evening. Photo taken by someone that went to watch the watchers. @mcsoaz came over to ask everyone to get out of each other's personal space.
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: This evening's Mesa drop box watchers covered up their license plate.
► Show Spoiler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

FfwcNmCX0AURZUT.jpeg
FfwcNmCX0AURZUT.jpeg (143.2 KiB) Viewed 381 times

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”