State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Volkonski
Verified:

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef ... mhJkCVDA==
Faherty Affirmation
Exhibit # 3
Excerpted

HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL - DONALD J. TRUMP
2 STATE OF NEW YORK
OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
3 -----------------------------------------X
4 In re:
5 FINANCIAL STATEMENTS INVESTIGATION
6 -----------------------------------------X
7 August 10, 2022
8 9:37 A.M.
12 HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL VIDEOTAPED
13 EXAMINATION UNDER OATH of DONALD J. TRUMP,
14 held at the Office of the Attorney General,
15 28 Liberty Street, New York, New York,
16 before Linda J. Greenstein, a Notary Public
17 of the State of New York.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And, TFG is making the same type of comments that Alex Jones made in his recent trial: I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not allowed to talk to the press; okay. This is the greatest witchhunt in the history of

bla bla bla....

And he explains why the Fifth Amendment is a wonderful thing.

Interesting how he avoids saying the word "Fifth" for the rest of the depo, instead saying, more or less "for the reasons stated above, I will not answer."

Guess he didn't like all those shots of Flynn and Stone saying "Fifth" all the time.

Now pardon me while I take a moment to draw a negative inference.

Turd.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Dude is completely unoriginal. Trump Organization is under investigation and most likely going to be shut down so what does he do? Creates a new entity called The Trump Organization II so then he can say ha you only shut down Trump Organization I. At least try to create a totally new entity if you're playing these games.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

But, but he'd have to learn a whole new name!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I am just wondering about the contractual hurdles attempting to move assets from org-1 to org-2. First and foremost, org-2 does not have any financial resources to speak of as we know of it now. How will it be able to guarantee for guarantees given within org-1? Then I assume that within org-1 many loans have crisscross guarantees with several other assets. How to de-tangle that stuff? How many external lenders do first have to agree for an asset to get moved to this new org-2 without any financial history to depend on? Who did he hire as new accountant to overlook his shenigans since he lost the his other trusted guy, Weisselberg?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I abominate errr nominate Devin Nunes.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:27 am I am just wondering about the contractual hurdles attempting to move assets from org-1 to org-2. First and foremost, org-2 does not have any financial resources to speak of as we know of it now. How will it be able to guarantee for guarantees given within org-1? Then I assume that within org-1 many loans have crisscross guarantees with several other assets. How to de-tangle that stuff? How many external lenders do first have to agree for an asset to get moved to this new org-2 without any financial history to depend on? Who did he hire as new accountant to overlook his shenigans since he lost the his other trusted guy, Weisselberg?
Just taking a wild ass guess here, cuz I've never been involved in high finance, and IANAL:

Deeds could be drafted transferring the properties from I to II with minimal effort.

Partnership agreements could be amended to substitute II for I.

Loan docs are almost certain to have standard boiler-plate verbiage that states that any successor company steps into the shoes of the original company. There may be notices to be delivered to the lenders; there may be approval by the lenders before the transfer can occur; or perhaps nothing. Traditional lenders have to have knowledge of trump's legal woes and ought to have some sort of contingency plans. It's those nontraditional lenders that might be problematic for trump. We dunno who holds the paper on which properties, for how much, and if there are cross-collateralized agreements.

Other assets like cash in bank, receivables, and the like can be transferred equally. Debt on the books of I will be transferred to II.

We never know with Trumps penchant for parlor tricks and deceit. But one would suppose that there will be some sort of trail that can be tracked
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:27 am I am just wondering about the contractual hurdles attempting to move assets from org-1 to org-2. First and foremost, org-2 does not have any financial resources to speak of as we know of it now. How will it be able to guarantee for guarantees given within org-1? Then I assume that within org-1 many loans have crisscross guarantees with several other assets. How to de-tangle that stuff? How many external lenders do first have to agree for an asset to get moved to this new org-2 without any financial history to depend on? Who did he hire as new accountant to overlook his shenigans since he lost the his other trusted guy, Weisselberg?
Super smart guys....

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump's secret, ugly breakup with Deutsche Bank is revealed in new allegations by NY's attorney general

Laura Italiano
Sun, October 16, 2022 at 5:41 PM
  • Deutsche Bank, Trump's largest single lender, forced him into a 'managed exit' last year.
    The shotgun divorce followed months of Trump dodging the bank's questions, new court papers show.
    As Deutsche Bank threatened default, Trump zeroed out hundreds of millions in debt.
For the past 10 years, Deutsche Bank has been Donald Trump's banking bestie, loaning him more than $400 million as he developed a Miami golf resort, a tower in Chicago, and a luxury hotel in the heart of Washington, DC.

But the two are now in the midst of an ugly, shotgun divorce, according to revelations in a new court filing by New York's attorney general, Letitia James — with Deutsche Bank holding the shotgun.

Since Trump left office last year, the Frankfurt-based international bank — which has lent Trump far more than any other financial institution — has been steadily enforcing a "managed exit," as James' filing calls it, from a lucrative relationship with the former president stretching back to the 1990s.

On the surface, the slow-motion split, which began 21 months ago, appears to be a breezy affair, with Trump easily zeroing out all but $45 million in Deutsche Bank debt in May.

"By the way, I paid them back," Trump would brag on Fox News the night after James filed her massive, September lawsuit, accusing the former president of inflating his net worth in financial documents by billions of dollars.

"The banks made a lot of money," Trump told host Sean Hannity. "She's trying to defend banks that got paid off."

But as with many protracted divorces, the split between Trump and his once-favorite bank began with acrimony, in a behind-the-scenes crossfire of accusations, ultimatums, and shade-throwing.

At one point, as an apparently distracted Trump struggled to remain in office, his lawyers ghosted the bank for six months, ignoring escalating demands for answers.

Frustrated by Trump's silence, the bank threatened default.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-secre ... 57107.html
(original Insider)
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Trump gets deposed on Thursday Wednesday (I like the punning sound of that).

Is it worthy of a calendar entry?

Edit: Corrected the day. Its Thursday where I am but Wednesday where most of ya'll are.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

keith wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:00 pm Is it worthy of a calendar entry?
Done.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Dennied.
Don Lewis @DonLew87 wrote: Trump loses again. He tried to get the NYS AG's $250 million lawsuit assigned to a different judge than the one who had previously held him in $10K/day contempt for discovery deficiencies. He accused Letitia James of judge-shopping. His request for reassignment has been DENIED.

Here is a link to a copy of the order denying Trump's request.
https://www.docdroid.net/rzRq6CE/order- ... awsuit-pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Transcripts, we haz ‘em!

Donald:

Eric

Donnie Jr (aka Snort)
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:05 pm
Don Lewis @DonLew87 wrote: Trump loses again. He tried to get the NYS AG's $250 million lawsuit assigned to a different judge than the one who had previously held him in $10K/day contempt for discovery deficiencies. He accused Letitia James of judge-shopping. His request for reassignment has been DENIED.

Here is a link to a copy of the order denying Trump's request.
https://www.docdroid.net/rzRq6CE/order- ... awsuit-pdf
Not really. The administrative judge said that the defendants' requests were premature and would be taken up by the currently assigned judge.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Interesting, thx.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

On reflection I oversimplified the situation.

The Attorney General identified the case as related to an earlier special proceeding before Judge Engoron. The special proceeding dealt with the Attorney General's earlier investigation of Trump, his family and his companies that resulted in the filing of the civil action. Justice Engoron developed considerable expertise with the subject matter of the earlier proceeding, which is essentially the same as the present civil action, and reviewed hundreds (thousands?) of documents.

The civil action was assigned to Justice Engoron, the automatic result of the Attorney General having designated the action as related to the prior special proceeding. The administrative judge indicated that the defendants could, going forward, request that Judge Engoron consider their requests to transfer the action to the Commercial Division. (I must say that it's not the most clearly-written order I've ever seen, but that happens a lot in NY courts, due to the high volume of cases and insufficient resources).

I don't have any particular expertise in the judge assignment practices of NY Supreme. It's certainly true that, in general, the Commercial Division is where big complicated cases belong. However, it's my sense that Justice Engoron would be unlikely to transfer the case to another judge, because he is already deeply involved in the subject matter.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Off Topic

MONDAY the Trump Organization goes on CRIMINAL trial in Manhattan for a 15+ year tax conspiracy. All eyes will be on evidence of Trump’s knowledge and role in the scheme.

Normal defense strategy is to attack govt witnesses as liars. But if former CFO Weisselberg (W) is treated that way successfully, he may flip finally against Trump. The court has said if W lies he will throw the book at him at sentencing. We will be watching quite the chess game.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Off Topic
My recollection is that Weisselberg's deal with prosecutors is that he will testify against The Trump Organization, but not against any member of the Trump family.

Rather than attack Weisselberg as a liar, one possible defense strategy would be to attempt to portray him as a rogue agent who set up schemes (free rent, etc.) that primarily benefitted Weisselberg as an individual, rather than the organization.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Off Topic
I think we have a winner.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
Weisselberg: Surely, Mr. Trump, you do not expect me to exchange my own freedom, my family’s safety, for a “Not Guilty’ for you…?
TFG:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Off Topic
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:44 pm Weisselberg: Surely, Mr. Trump, you do not expect me to exchange my own freedom, my family’s safety, for a “Not Guilty’ for you…?
:snippity:
Zee Furher: Of course I do!!! And don't call me Shirley...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
This is not the thread for the criminal case against the Trump Organization.

This one is the civil case against Trump personally (and his children).
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Downtown Manhattan. A hearing in People of NY v. Trump will decide whether a court-appointed monitor will watch over the 45th president’s business empire as the attorney general’s civil case proceeds. Judge Arthur Engoron has previously found Trump in contempt. This is a thread.
I *think* this is the right thread for this Twitter thread. If not, shoot me :faint:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”