Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Our voucher program in AZ will cover about half my child’s private school tuition. So, um, yeah. Nail. Head.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

noblepa wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:19 pm It turns out to be a subsidy for those who don't need it and usually doesn't help those who do.

Sometimes, some charlaton sets up a private school that the vouchers WILL pay for, but these schools are often set up as a way of legally grifting the tax dollars, and are not much (if at all) better than the public schools.
And, of course, funnels more power to various churches. Religious schools are often in the price range vouchers can reach, but they can decided who they do and do not serve, and you have to agree to learn within their religious framework. Charity is power.
raison de arizona

right on
Dash Dobrofsky @DashDobrofsky wrote: New: A federal judge in FL has ruled that Ron DeSantis must come into court to explain the legal reasoning behind his abrupt suspension of Hillsborough County Prosecutor, Andrew Warren. In the media, DeSantis cited that his decision to suspend Warren was due to his “woke agenda."

For reference, Warren announced he would not enforce the abortion ban or prosecute providers of gender transition treatment for young people. DeSantis must prove in court that it wasn’t political & show that it wasn’t in violation of Warren's 1A rights:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Can DeSantis suspend the Judge and replace him with a hack?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:59 pm Can DeSantis suspend the Judge and replace him with a hack?
No, he cannot. I am sure he has been scrambling for such options, but judiciary is a separate branch of gov. Ron is F-d. :biggrin:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:12 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:59 pm Can DeSantis suspend the Judge and replace him with a hack?
No, he cannot. I am sure he has been scrambling for such options, but judiciary is a separate branch of gov. Ron is F-d. :biggrin:
Well, they'll be changing that stupid law as soon as he's re-elected.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

neonzx wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:12 pm
Well, I mean, especially since it's a Federal judge.

But more seriously, as I've posted before:
the drafters of the current Florida Constitution wrote:SECTION 7. Suspensions; filling office during suspensions.—
(a) By executive order stating the grounds and filed with the custodian of state records, the governor may suspend from office any state officer not subject to impeachment, any officer of the militia not in the active service of the United States, or any county officer, for malfeasance, misfeasance, neglect of duty, drunkenness, incompetence, permanent inability to perform official duties, or commission of a felony, and may fill the office by appointment for the period of suspension. The suspended officer may at any time before removal be reinstated by the governor.
A Federal judge is neither a state nor county officer, and *is* subject to impeachment, so DeStuntis has no power here.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

My post was squarely sarcastic, I know he can't suspend a Federal Judge, even if Kari Lake says he has BDE.

:sick:

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:12 am My post was squarely sarcastic, I know he can't suspend a Federal Judge, even if Kari Lake says he has BDE.

:sick:
Apologies. Sometimes we rush through these things so quickly that whether the judge is federal or otherwise might get overlooked. Since a state judge *might* have been covered by the law -- no, in this case, because state judges in Florida can be impeached, I think -- I wanted to double-check and confirm.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

No worries, mate. :thumbsup:

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1573 ... 07142.html
...20 years ago a noose was placed in the work station of an African-American client I represented to retaliate against and harass him. The company's response was the noose wasn't a racist symbol but made to demonstrate how to catch alligators. When I said this excuse was false
the woman sued me for defamation. That case was dismissed but
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Nice find…
Let’s hope they pay a heavy penalty for this nonsense.
raison de arizona

204E3E8B-6859-4698-B9FE-404DE7F2D2BE.jpeg
204E3E8B-6859-4698-B9FE-404DE7F2D2BE.jpeg (66.54 KiB) Viewed 848 times
https://www.nextlevelgoods.com/products/nl-248shirt
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

And in this must-see clip, Pete slices Ron DeSantis into a million little pieces.
June bug

Post by June bug »

This guy so needs to be the chief spokesman for the Administration.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I don't understand Tim. Are you having a go at Phelps Dodge Copper bosses at Bisbee Arizona in 1979?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

People who work at airports can work wit box cars, its true!
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I am confused about the responses to the tweet. I don't know who Tim Curtin is, but all I see is an attempt to equate DeSantis with Nazis (he can put folks on airplanes, he can put them in boxes like the Nazis did to the Jewish people). It is a rather ham-handed approach, but I am not sure what the following comments were about.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

northland10 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:15 am I am confused about the responses to the tweet. I don't know who Tim Curtin is, but all I see is an attempt to equate DeSantis with Nazis (he can put folks on airplanes, he can put them in boxes like the Nazis did to the Jewish people). It is a rather ham-handed approach, but I am not sure what the following comments were about.
My response was snark.

But, more seriously, I'm tired of everyone trying to equate 2000s American Fascists with 1930s German Fascists. Ya the Nazis were bad, But even back then they were not the only kind of Fascists, and American Fascists are a different breed. They are NOT going to do exactly the same stuff that the Nazis did just because they are Fascists, anymore than Franco's Spain did the same stuff as Hitlers Germany and Mussolini's Italy did the same as either.

MAGATS come from a different time and based on a somewhat different culture and philosophical background. Responding to that people will, quite rightly, point out the differences between the Nazis and the Maga-wing and, wrongly, say that means they are not Fascists. Queue stupid obfuscation and pointless BS, and the point gets lost.

Start dealing with your Fascists as Fascists, not as Nazis transported from the 1930s. It saves pointless arguments, and deals with the Now.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Hey, it's not my fault they wear shirts that say "What would Goebbels do?"

:bag:

raison de arizona

Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Jeffery Moore, appointed by Desantis as County Commissioner in July to the only predominantly black county in FL, has resigned after photos surfaced showing him in a Klan outfit.
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 119165001/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

It is possible that DeSantis doesn't realize the scale of what has happened in Florida. But I hope he is right and they are well positioned to take care of everything.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: DeSantis: In terms of the overall infrastructure, obviously we will seek federal support for that, but also Florida, we are well positioned financially right now to get through this.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Still without power or internet. A quarter of the state currently without power. Just very sporadic cell data service so can’t post much at all. We are all so happy Desantis fixed property insurance and infrastructure issues instead of fighting v. Disney, CRT, and election fraud.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”