Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Foggy »

Prima facie with an E, Ana.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Chilidog

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Chilidog »

Maybe that's the first board above the eaves?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ol' Wifehorn wondered if the 11th Circuit might rule in time to call off Judge Dearie's hearing. That didn't happen, but I couldn't think of any reason it couldn't have happened. They could have read Trump’s opposition, and then made a phone call to Noo Yawk. :lol:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Except that Dearie is also reviewing the 10,000 docs and items _not_ marked Top Secret/Classified. So his work goes on. Happily, looks like he's marching double time.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:46 am What the fuck is wrong with Cannon’s clerk?

Why is this crap being docketed?

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 3.99.0.pdf
The Human Rights Council? Didn't the US explicitely say that they do not follow that organization, cause they may indict them of war crimes?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:22 pm Can't we just slow this truck down? NO!
Edelstein speaks for govt says DOJ ready to give docs to vendor by tomorrow. Trusty says they just got the lost of five. Asks for Friday to pick a vendor. Judge says: Let's do it tomorrow.
Question: what do they mean by "vendor" ? :think: :confuzzled:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:25 pm If this one was posted, I missed it. I think.
PLAINTIFF-APPELLEE DONALD J. TRUMP’S
RESPONSE TO APPELLANT’S
MOTION FOR PARTIAL STAY PENDING APPEAL

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000183 ... 9ad1af0000

It contains this gem, the classified docs are subject to executive privilege because tfg wrote on them.
Is this executive privileged or attorney-client privileged? I thought the executive stuff has been dealt with at this point.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:10 pm Question: what do they mean by "vendor" ? :think: :confuzzled:
A document processing vendor. From the government's yesterday letter to Judge Dearie (footnote omitted):
[T]he government proposes that a third-party vendor be engaged to scan, host, and provide access to the Seized Materials to both parties on a Relativity platform, with each party to have access to its own private workspace to review and code documents. The Relativity document-review platform is familiar to both parties and will provide a secure, customizable, and auditable space in which each party can separately prepare and review logs. If he wishes, the Special Master can also review and mark his decisions in the Relativity platform, or he could make his notations on hard-copy printouts of the materials.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:15 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:25 pm If this one was posted, I missed it. I think.
RESPONSE TO APPELLANT’S

It contains this gem, the classified docs are subject to executive privilege because tfg wrote on them.
Is this executive privileged or attorney-client privileged? I thought the executive stuff has been dealt with at this point.
Executive wanking privilege, shortly to be discovered in the Constitution as part of Original Intent.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Comment on the Texas et al. amicus brief:

Max Kennerly
@MaxKennerly

This is the GOP's response to the revelation that Trump stole national secrets, kept them at his golf course, showed them to visitors, repeatedly lied about it, and to this day refuses to describe even in generalities what he took and why: COVID China immigration Kamala Harris.
(Table of authorities listing various press articles flogging stupid MAGA conspiracy theories.)
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I've been on the road all day. Did I miss anything?

:bar:
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

chancery wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:43 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:15 pm
RESPONSE TO APPELLANT’S

Executive wanking privilege, shortly to be discovered in the Constitution as part of Original Intent.
I enjoyed this, from the usually monotone Joyce Vance:
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 8.01.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 8.01.12 PM.png (160.63 KiB) Viewed 855 times
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:26 am Foggy, my dad’s response was similar: “Deep subject”
My Dad said that too.

And added "for shallow minds."
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
keith

Post by keith »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:35 pm
:snippity:
I posted a link earlier.

So if Trump stole classified documents and scribbled shit on them that makes them his?
I dont think Exec Priv has anything to do with what they think it means.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

At least, that's what IANAL me thinks about it. What, the privilege exists between the note and his pen?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I can't help but picture his McDonald's order sharpied on a doc about nukes.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Trump's lawyers haven't explained what they mean, and there's a big element of bullshit.

However, notes could reflect comments made by Trump's advisors, and the comments could, in some contexts, constitute confidential advice subject to executive privilege.

And there might be a deliberative privilege for a president's memoranda to himself, in which he works out <pffft> his <grunt> decision-making <pbbflapfttt> process <pfunctftft>.
fava

Post by fava »

So if I was to scribble some graffiti on a public statue that automatically makes the statue belong to me?

Cool.

Where is my spray paint?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Remember that once it is yours you can sell it to whoever has the $£€¥
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:44 pm I can't help but picture his McDonald's order sharpied on a doc about nukes.
Oh please find a Meme of that... :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:13 pm Remember that once it is yours you can sell it to whoever has the $£€¥
What is the symbol for Rubles?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:01 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:13 pm Remember that once it is yours you can sell it to whoever has the $£€¥
What is the symbol for Rubles?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:07 pm SO not the answer they were looking for.
https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1 ... 9777353730
Ana Cabrera @AnaCabrera wrote: Special Master to Trump lawyers: “If the government gives me prima facia evidence that they are classified documents, and you don’t advance any claim of declassification, I’m left with a prima facia case of classified documents, and as far as I’m concerned, that’s the end of it,”
IOW the former guy only delivered prima feces :shit:

:twisted:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

chancery wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:12 pm In light of the order shortening Trump's response time from 10 days to four, I imagine that the government would be well advised to get its reply in by Wednesday morning at the latest, Tuesday night if possible.
And here is the government's reply, which was indeed filed Tuesday evening. :rockon:

https://openargs.com/wp-content/uploads ... 11-Cir.pdf
keith

Post by keith »

chancery wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:52 pm Trump's lawyers haven't explained what they mean, and there's a big element of bullshit.

However, notes could reflect comments made by Trump's advisors, and the comments could, in some contexts, constitute confidential advice subject to executive privilege.

And there might be a deliberative privilege for a president's memoranda to himself, in which he works out <pffft> his <grunt> decision-making <pbbflapfttt> process <pfunctftft>.
Ad that is all, nevertheless, Government Documents, subject to the Presidential Records Act, and supposed to be in the custody of NARA.

Executive Privilege, whether it applies or not, does NOT mean that it is Trump's personal property.

I know... :horse:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”