Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
p0rtia

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by p0rtia »

...purported "classified records"...

I mean, that's my favorite example of where they went, here.

They're building a whack-a-mole game. Appease this shit at your peril.

:brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by raison de arizona »

Biden doesn’t have anything to do with this.
4B188112-AA2E-40C5-BAEB-B6923D59492C.png
4B188112-AA2E-40C5-BAEB-B6923D59492C.png (326.17 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:40 pm So...I'm reading the "aggressive rebuke."

So far, those aren't the first words that come to mind as an accurate characterization. Sort of like describing an Orly Taitz filing as a "taking a forthright stand for democracy."

I mean seriously, normalizing this bullying, condescending pack of lies as a viable position in the real world is digusting.
:yeahthat:

Edit: Added a quote to Portia's post to which I was responding. Somehow some other posts intervened.
raison de arizona

Zoe Tillman @ZoeTillman wrote: New: Trump objects to DOJ's proposed special master candidates, says they prefer not to say why on the public record to be "respectful," they'll tell the judge later if she asks for more info https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 3.85.0.pdf

Waiting to hear from DOJ on Trump's list

Context: The bar is supposed to be high for something to be submitted to the judge in camera (not on the public record). Besides "respect," Trump's lawyers don't articulate the types of privacy/security/etc. issues we'd expect to see in a request to argue something in private
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:50 pm ...purported "classified records"...

Maybe someone ought to bring up the possibility of anything Judge Karen calls not classified is gonna be subject to FOIA requests and she might be the one who okays them being on the front page of the WaPo if she does. See how that looks on you bio, Sparky.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Gregg wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:28 pm
p0rtia wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:50 pm ...purported "classified records"...

Maybe someone ought to bring up the possibility of anything Judge Karen calls not classified is gonna be subject to FOIA requests and she might be the one who okays them being on the front page of the WaPo if she does. See how that looks on you bio, Sparky.
Problem is, all TFG's lawyers are doing is delaying. They are intentionally ignoring some facts and lying about others--all to delay. If the DOJ has to spend time whacking down this shit, TFG is winning.

BTW, TFG says that this Special Master deal is supposed to last "three months."

It's disgusting. That's the word I keep coming back to.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Simple solution... screw the disputed docs for now, we have other fish to fry.,

Indict him for the other docs they already have that he is not disputing, indict his lawyers and him for the June "We don't have anything else" statement and indict him for obstruction for defying the earlier subpoena.

They can always supersede with the new stuff.

raison de arizona

p0rtia wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:03 pm Problem is, all TFG's lawyers are doing is delaying. They are intentionally ignoring some facts and lying about others--all to delay. If the DOJ has to spend time whacking down this shit, TFG is winning.

BTW, TFG says that this Special Master deal is supposed to last "three months."

It's disgusting. That's the word I keep coming back to.
It's an abuse of the legal process, and tfg has both done it and gotten away with it for his entire life. He wields it as a sword against his enemies.

And contractors.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And it's still driving me nuts that Alan Feuer and Charlie Savage for the effing NYT called this shit "aggressive" and a "rebuke." For them "aggressive" seems to mean "rude, stupidly arrogant, and insulting". As for "rebuke?" I'm sorry, there is no "rebuke" there; these turds insist that this is all between TFG and NARA, and is all about the PRA--except for when they say it's other things, like all about the Federal Records Act.

Jesus H. Christ this is appalling reporting about an appalling document, BOTH OF WHICH IGNORE THE FUCKING NATIONAL THREAT!!!

:vomit:

PS. Various lawyers on the TV have pointed out that this doc is written as if TFG is the Defendant. This drives them nuts, which soothes me.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And Clair McCaskell revers to this pile of dreck as:

"Weak tea."

Which she says is because the lawyers writing it don't want to lie.

And no, I am in no way ready to stop being pissed off.

:oldlady:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Me neither. Pissed off.

What happens if she chooses Paul Huck and tells him to look at the classified documents, and the DOJ says "Umm ... there will now be a delay while we conduct a security clearance investigation that will, by the way, examine every aspect of his entire life. But he's not getting within a country mile of any classified government secrets until we take his whole life apart." :?:

Asking for a friend me.
Katie Porter '28
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

:biggrin:
Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

Meanwhile over in Magistrate Reinhart’s courtroom…
7045825D-E81F-41AC-B5B7-02822C63BD5C.jpeg
7045825D-E81F-41AC-B5B7-02822C63BD5C.jpeg (265.08 KiB) Viewed 848 times

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64 ... h-warrant/
raison de arizona

More evidence of nothing at thread.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

🎶There she is, the Ignorant Beholden Judge...🎶
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

thx!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:26 pm Meanwhile over in Magistrate Reinhart’s courtroom…

Question: is it possible that the Reinhart court can make orders re the seized material that undermine Cannon court ruling, past and futures? Like the DOJ would be asking such in the secreted motions.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Motion according to Harry Littman:

“Tendentious, muddled, and naive.”

:oldlady:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:26 pm Meanwhile over in Magistrate Reinhart’s courtroom…

That's just a screwball pro se litigant appealing the denial of his screwball motion to intervene.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:47 pm
Question: is it possible that the Reinhart court can make orders re the seized material that undermine Cannon court ruling, past and futures? Like the DOJ would be asking such in the secreted motions.
IANACrL, but I doubt it. Whatever the juridical thing is that Trump shopped to Judge Cannon, if any kind of federal judge has jurisdiction over it, it wouldn't be a magistrate judge. A Rule 41(g) motion can't be made to a magistrate judge (absent consent of both parties). Similarly any ancillary a/k/a anomalous equitable power (although it's not clear what kind of jurisdiction it's ancillary to, since Trump disclaimed having filed a Rule 41(g) motion) could only be exercised by an Article III judge.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hugo Lowell @hugolowell 9m
New: Justice Dept says it will accept as the Special Master to review seized Mar-a-Lago docs former US district court chief judge Raymond Dearie — one of Trump’s picks — as well as its own two candidates, suggesting he’s likely be named. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 3.86.0.pdf
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

And just like that, Trump's plan to delay it by screaming bloody murder when the guy they chose who wasn't qualified didn't get picked. They didn't get the one they wanted but they do get one they can't complain about.

Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

chancery wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:55 pm

That's just a screwball pro se litigant appealing the denial of his screwball motion to intervene.
Ummm, the 4 sealed items

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”