Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, a quick search gives the easy answer:

Paul Huck is in the Federalist Society, just like Judge Loose!

:bighug: :cheer2: :bighug:
Katie Porter '28
pipistrelle

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:19 am Yeah, a quick search gives the easy answer:

Paul Huck is in the Federalist Society, just like Judge Loose!

:bighug: :cheer2: :bighug:
But the story was not on Huck, but on his wife, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Barbara Lagoa, who was reportedly on Trump's short-list to be nominated for the U.S. Supreme Court seat vacated by Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

So I haven't seen the latest paperless order yet. But as I understand it, she gave the plaintiff (that's Donald Trump) until Monday (at midnight (?)) to file an Opposition to the Motion for Stay. Which is an abbreviated schedule and is going to ruin the weekend for some lawyers and their staff, but the good news is, they'll be under a lot of pressure and stress and they won't be paid. :biggrin:

And then she has until Thursday (no specific time) to rule in the government's favor or the government will appeal (most likely an emergency appeal) to the 11th Circuit.

Meanwhile, the government attorneys, who are being paid and are having a delightful time working on this case, which is going straight into the history books ... well, who knows :shrug: :?: :?: :?:

But I suspect they're having a wonderful weekend, writing more epic briefs for the judge to choke down. They've probably got some surprises in store for us, so I am gonna be mesmerized right up until Thursday, when we leave town for a few.
Katie Porter '28
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I'd like to think that La Cannon is fecklessly hoping that the Plaintiff will say, "Oh, sure, no problem about those 100 classified docs. NM."

Of course there is zero chance of that. As the DOJ stated, they already offered a similar idea to the Plaintiffs, who rejected it.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-k ... ham-2022-9

Trump would carry secret records in his jacket pocket, risking them being seen by staffers without clearance, former press secretary says

Says Grisham.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Here's a link to the 8 page PDF filed by both sides yesterday.

Thus ends my personal "both sides" coverage. :lol:
Katie Porter '28
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

So you're saying, "Both sides did it?"

:think:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:48 pm Here's a link to the 8 page PDF filed by both sides yesterday.

Thus ends my personal "both sides" coverage. :lol:
And a pony.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:07 pm So you're saying, "Both sides did it?"
And I got a pony! :rockon:
Katie Porter '28
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Its kind of ironic that trumps favorite pen is a sharpie, given how dull his whatever-passes-for-a-brain is...
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:think: :confuzzled:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:32 pm :think: :confuzzled:
Sharp-ie
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:49 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:32 pm :think: :confuzzled:
Sharp-ie
I caught the joke. If you look at sharpies, they aren't sharp either.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Well, I was thinking more 9f the word than the actual shape of the pen when I wrote tha plus, the Sharpie pe got its name because it has a sharper, finer line than a standard black permanentmarker did at the time it was invented. Those had the wide chisel tip that tends to make for a really thick line or a line that varies in weight if it rotates a bit in your hand as you draw a line...
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Thoughts?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Those were just his comic book collection. :popcorn: :whistle:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Did he get to colour the daily briefings after they were presented to him in the Oval Office :?:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kendra wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:30 pm
Interesting addition of timeline information to go with this video. This is the same video I posted earlier this week. Fitting it into the timeline probably becomes more interesting when you know what transpired right before his decision to take all these boxes. They could contain items that rightfully belong to Trump, but given his behavior, given he had been already been asked for well over a year at this point to return things, I doubt it. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the most juicy of what he purloined is sitting in Bedminster. Why would he have left "the best stuff" at Mar-a-Lago when he left for the summer? I cringe to think what he MAY have taken to Bedminster that we still know nothing about.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

He has originals prints of the Pee Tape everywhere, Vlad sent him one for each house.

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:02 am Interesting addition of timeline information to go with this video. This is the same video I posted earlier this week. Fitting it into the timeline probably becomes more interesting when you know what transpired right before his decision to take all these boxes. They could contain items that rightfully belong to Trump, but given his behavior, given he had been already been asked for well over a year at this point to return things, I doubt it. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the most juicy of what he purloined is sitting in Bedminster. Why would he have left "the best stuff" at Mar-a-Lago when he left for the summer? I cringe to think what he MAY have taken to Bedminster that we still know nothing about.
That would be Bedminster: The Warrant Tapes Part II.

Another exciting episode in the never ending dhramah we know as President Trump The Beloved and Everlasting Giver of Comedy and Mirth, and True Specimen of a Man, but Not One You Should Touch Without Gloves.

(a long title, but such a man deserves a long title for his bit of fiction story)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Double glove, just to be sure.

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:56 am Double glove, just to be sure.
I wouldn't touch him even with those enormous heavy rubber gloves that electricians use to work on live high-voltage wires.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

So I read the 8 page joint filing nominating Special Masters and suggesting how to proceed.

Not knowing the people involved or the law, most of the content was over my head, but in terms of how language use pertains to intent, I am confident in sharing my conclusion that the Plaintiff's goal is to 1) egg on La Cannon to go even deeper into the realm of Legal Bizarro World, and 2) delay any possible indictments and investigations and legal proceedings as long as is heavenly possibly.

But that's not enough for me; I like to know what the hell is being said as well as how it is said. Lucky for me, I often listen to Legal AF which is a product of the growing Meidas Touch empire. Today's episode covered every effing question I had about the Mar-a-Lago case, with details on joint filing and more. Highly recommended for those of us in the IANAL gang.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0579081632
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:44 pm But that's not enough for me; I like to know what the hell is being said as well as how it is said. Lucky for me, I often listen to Legal AF which is a product of the growing Meidas Touch empire. Today's episode covered every effing question I had about the Mar-a-Lago case, with details on joint filing and more. Highly recommended for those of us in the IANAL gang.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0579081632
Thanks!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”