Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Slim Cognito »

tek wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:24 pm d-1.jpg

Remember the days of MRC and Roxy?
Good times!
I think it's a bad e. Look at the word seized right after it.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Reality Check »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:07 pm Ah, motion for partial stay in Cannon's court. Got it.
And the motion clearly says her ruling is full of shit in polite legalese.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Brad, Neal, and I are back tonight with Lawrence
@Lawrence
to cover the new DOJ filings.
Spoiler alert: they are sensationally well done.

@neal_katyal

@BradMossEsq

Then will discuss that Steve Bannon is yet again in criminal court. That NY DA case looks like a rock crusher.
tek

Post by tek »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:55 pm
tek wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:24 pm d-1.jpg

Remember the days of MRC and Roxy?
Good times!
I think it's a bad e. Look at the word seized right after it.
This was a part of the bullshit around the "birth certificate" when people were working from scans. MRC (mixed-raster compression) can substitute similar-looking glyphs, and sometimes it screws up. This was proof positive that Obama's birth certificate was forged.

Roxy was the Xerox copier/scanner that became an internet celebrity for her part in this scam ;)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

DOJ used the big crayons to spell out for Judge Cannon why Trump has no right to review of classified docs. Trump:
-does not own govt classified records
-has no right to have government records returned
-docs don't contain attorney-client privilege info between Trump and attys.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Judge Aileen, “Please don’t make me form a decision, I fucked up once already.”

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Judge Loose Cannon better be careful. After tfg praises some like he did her, then the person soon becomes a coffee boy.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Judge Cannon has issued an order asking the parties to consider, in Friday’s filings, DOJ’s views about the 100 classified documents.
That forces Trump’s lawyers to discuss what they think should happen with the classified documents. Basically, she's asking for their opposition to the motion for stay, but they have to file it mañana. Not a lot of time for a great brief on the classified docs.

Does she need to learn the DOJ position regarding the classified documents? :rotflmao:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's more...
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This is interesting

— Demetri Martin
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I'm looking forward to the inevitable WaPo or NYT story about what the deal was with taking all those boxes on all his trips. How did he communicate which boxes he wanted? Where were those boxes before they went on the planes? What were people's understanding of what was in them?

I buy the "this was his filing system" explanation.

I think this bit of video might hasten the exploration of this aspect of the mishandling of classified materials.

:popcorn:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I did not realize this, but that clip I posted was actually taken of Trump when he left Mar-A-Lago on May 10, 2022 to go to Bedminster. One does wonder if any of those eight banker boxes contain yet more classified documents. Also, do they contain some of the classified documents that had previously been inside the now empty folders?

Here is a link to the full story and the full video, which appears to include both of the clips from @the_peetapes two tweets.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... onald.html

— Demetri Martin
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

How do secret service agents protect their subject when they have their hands full of boxes :?:

Your tax payers $$$ at work, save the handyman.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Greatgrey wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:45 pm Judge Aileen, “Please don’t make me form a decision, I fucked up once already.”

I'll say. This really reads like the Cannon, who had no problem taking the lead at last week's hearing--literally putting words in the Plaintiff Attorneys' fumbling mouths--is now washing her hands of the Plaintiff's case.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

and yet the queen died

these things happen in 3s. Ed Henry News Anchor-Queen Elizabeth........

come on dumbdonnie
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Russian state TV is taking advantage of this
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Reality Check wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:06 pm
Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:07 pm Ah, motion for partial stay in Cannon's court. Got it.
And the motion clearly says her ruling is full of shit in polite legalese.
Twitter is all over how DOJ politely burned her to hell and back.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I dig Dark Portia.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Someone needs to tell the secret service that they are not Fuckboys private porters. If he wants boxes moved he has to pay his own people to do it. And if they move boxes they have to ensure its not secret stuff or stolen stuff. They are actually police officers. If they are involved in transporting Stolen goods, thats a goddam crime.
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Suranis wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:07 am Someone needs to tell the secret service that they are not Fuckboys private porters. If he wants boxes moved he has to pay his own people to do it. And if they move boxes they have to ensure its not secret stuff or stolen stuff. They are actually police officers. If they are involved in transporting Stolen goods, thats a goddam crime.
It's hard for me to believe that not one of those eight boxes had at least some classified documents in them.

— Demetri Martin
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:54 pm I dig Dark Portia.
:yeahthat:

— Demetri Martin
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

If all of this is true, what a resume.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

RVInit wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:00 pm This is interesting

When was that filmed, and how do we know those are SS agents and not staff or something?

ETA: OK, I broke my own rule about asking questions before reading the entire thread.
The flight was May 8th, and the people carrying the boxes are aides according to the article.

This is not the first time The Pee Tapes has done this so I should have learned my lesson by now.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I will revise my comment from above, i hadn't viewed the clip before. There are several staffers carrying the boxes to the plane and handing them off outside. Staffers of course would be riding in the secret service vehicles to the airport and back to MaL. One secret service guy , standing in front of the wing is obviously observing the tarmac and turns around to check what is brought over. It's not clear who did the loading. It is conceivable that another secret service guy did a last security check on the baggage as it gets put on the plane, thus the baggage going thru his hands.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:04 am If all of this is true, what a resume.

https://twitter.com/petervroom1/status/ ... 4203249664
All the appointments by the former guy were thru the Federalist Society proposals.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”