Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
roadscholar

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by roadscholar »

I’m remembering a similar argument from many years ago:

“If the President does it, that means it’s not illegal.”
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by raison de arizona »

SECOND APPLICATION FOR ORDER PURSUANT TO
FED. R. CRIM. P. 6(e)(3)(E)(i) FOR DISCLOSURE OF
MATTER OCCURRING BEFORE A GRAND JURY

This Court previously approved the disclosure of certain aspects of a grand jury
investigation occurring in this district in connection with a judicial proceeding occurring in the
Southern District of Florida, Trump v. United States of America, No. 9:22-cv-81294-AMC (the
“SDFL Matter”). See Order, Dkt. No. 2 (Aug. 29, 2022) (“[T]he government is permitted to
discuss, in its filings and at any hearing in [the SDFL Matter], the grand jury subpoena seeking
documents bearing classification markings described in its application here, as well as any
correspondence or communications directly flowing from that subpoena, including the
attachments to the government’s application, as well as the existence of the subpoena for video
surveillance footage, both subpoenas having been disclosed publicly by the petitioner in the [SDFL
Matter].”). This second application seeks the Court’s authorization for the government to disclose
these same facts—already publicly disclosed—in another pending judicial matter concerning the
government’s unsealing of portions of a sealed search warrant affidavit.

:snippity: total 10 pages
CONCLUSION
For the foregoing reasons, the Court should grant the government’s application for
disclosure of a matter occurring before a grand jury by permitting the government to disclose, in
the Search Warrant Matter, the existence of the May 11, 2022 subpoena, the response thereto, and
the course of correspondence and in-person consultation stemming from it, as well as the existence
of the June 24, 2022 subpoena for video surveillance footage and the response thereto.
https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/ ... 002%29.pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Izzat yet another attempt to find who the informer is?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Looks more like da gubmint asking to be allowed to tell us more about the reasons for the search warrant.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This second application seeks the Court’s authorization for the government to disclose
these same facts—already publicly disclosed—in another pending judicial matter concerning the
government’s unsealing of portions of a sealed search warrant affidavit
Hang on a minute, if these facts were already publicly disclosed, they would know them so why are they wanting them to disclose them again??

Or are they just spouting bullshit to trick the judge into granting their stupid motion "Com'on Judge its already been done so you doing an order wont matter, right?"
Hic sunt dracones
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

The motion is signed by an assistant AG for nationable security -- it sounds like the government wants to drop the info into another case entirely.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FBI agents in Florida tried to interview William S. Russell, a 31-year-old aide to Mr. Trump who served as a special assistant and the deputy director of advance in the White House and continued to work for Trump.
Paywall.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Allow me: Gift link.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

jez wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:56 pm Allow me: Gift link.
:bighug:
Gregg

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by Gregg »

Mr brolin wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:16 am
Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:51 am alternatively, if Trump/Jared sold secrets about Israeli nuclear capabilities to Saudi Arabia, Jared is in deep 💩
If that ACTUALLY had happened then Jared and his wife could expect a very professional and very short lived relationship with Mossad and a meticulously documented accidental temporal shortening of expected lifespan....
Stay away from open windows, too. Just in case Vlad thinks it might be him.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

William Russell looks like he is emulating Trump in body dysmorphism.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

h/t to Foggy. As we all know, he faithfully watches The View every day. He pointed out that Hillary and Chelsea Clinton were on the show and discussed the dotard's document theft in a measured way. As Hillz said, she's been prejudged too many times so she's not prejudging Donald.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:59 pm
tmohr wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:51 pm I'm sure y'all have been awaiting Orly's opinion on this:
Because Trump never waived his executive privilege, DOJ and FBI never had a right to seize the documents, they had to seek the waiver in court

oy.jpg
It's like she never even sent someone else to sit for her the day they tested on this at law school.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:06 am
tek wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:59 pm
tmohr wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:51 pm I'm sure y'all have been awaiting Orly's opinion on this:

oy.jpg
It's like she never even sent someone else to sit for her the day they tested on this at law school.
FIFY
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Ahhhh, but who can ever forget her tour de force of, when after a judge sarcastically asked her if she would like to take the stand and question herself as a witness/witless, said "Yes!!!!"

So much Orly, so little time...... :crazy: :popcorn: :rotflmao:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:07 pm I would not be surprised if Garland is already investigating who leaked, I'm pretty sure he has a reputation for running a very tight ship and doesn't tolerate leaking.

On the other hand, didn't the Justice department itself mention most of these facts already in one of their filings? I'm not sure how much of it is actually additional information that we didn't already know, maybe just stated differently and embellished somewhat.
What was leaked? I missed something.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:46 am
RVInit wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:07 pm I would not be surprised if Garland is already investigating who leaked, I'm pretty sure he has a reputation for running a very tight ship and doesn't tolerate leaking.

On the other hand, didn't the Justice department itself mention most of these facts already in one of their filings? I'm not sure how much of it is actually additional information that we didn't already know, maybe just stated differently and embellished somewhat.
i've found it hard to keep track too, what with TFG's ghouls complaining vaguely about leaks when referencing documents they demanded be released.

Anyway, in this instance, I believe the actual leak is the news about one of the docs containing info on the nuclear capability of some other country.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:50 am
pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:46 am

i've found it hard to keep track too, what with TFG's ghouls complaining vaguely about leaks when referencing documents they demanded be released.

Anyway, in this instance, I believe the actual leak is the news about one of the docs containing info on the nuclear capability of some other country.
Thanks — I assumed that wasn't a DOJ leak but a tfg leak.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Either way, it's an actual _leak_, rather than the insanity of TFG's lawyers IN COURT complaining about DOJ "leaking" information to the public -- in the form of DOJ docs and filings they had demanded.

Cannon (falsely) stated that DOJ "admitted" to swirling leaks in her malign judgement, leaving the implication to stand that they were DOJ leaks.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I think it was intentional and directed from the top. I think it was a direct response to the shitty order from Judge Cannon. She wants to hide the crimes committed by the thief? Fine, but ... oops, somebody leaked, isn't that awful? :nope:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:think: interesting aspect, makes one go hmmm. Taken together with what Panda commented above, eg that the document would be five years old, it may be so much out of date that leaking it's existence (not content) may do little harm.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9 ... ng-forward
There is a necessary, fair answer to address the Florida judge's special master ruling going forward

Nonetheless, there is a simple, effective and just path forward: the Special Master should be directed to first review and make any determinations as to the sub-set of documents that are marked as classified. In other words, there is no reason to have to wait until the Special Master’s entire review is completed for all documents before we decide this crucial, but limited, determination on the classified documents. Why?

1. In terms of immediate need, the classified documents are the only, or at least most crucial, documents required for the on-going criminal investigation. This volume of documents is discrete and relatively small, and will be separately segregated anyway because the Intelligence Community has not been enjoined from considering them in their on-going risk assessment. :snippity:

2. All the other documents — allegedly personal, medical, tax, attorney-client privilege, executive privilege and/or non-responsive documents — can all be determined next and on an extended schedule without much of a care in the world. It is the classified documents that are the key criminal evidence and the national security threat.

3. Plus, unlike the other categories, the classified documents cannot be subject to any plausible claim by Trump of a personal attorney-client privilege or executive privilege. These are documents prepared by military and intelligence agencies in the Executive Branch. Quite frankly, I am not sure what the Special Master is supposed to do or say about these documents, or what relevant argument team Trump could make. So, again, why should these unique and crucial documents be held in limbo while the rest of the Special Master’s search continues?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: the Loose Cannon ordered that the DOJ suspend the criminal investigation. Can one interpret this that this only covers the former guy as plaintiff, but that the investigation of possible co-conspirators can continue? Resulting in possibly more bad things uncovered, just accidential implicating plaintiff.
much ado

Post by much ado »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:48 pm Question: the Loose Cannon ordered that the DOJ suspend the criminal investigation. Can one interpret this that this only covers the former guy as plaintiff, but that the investigation of possible co-conspirators can continue? Resulting in possibly more bad things uncovered, just accidential implicating plaintiff.
Does anyone know whether the DOJ can appeal a court-ordered suspension of an investigation?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”