Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Uninformed

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Uninformed »

Is he in jail yet?

Is he in jail yet?

Is he in jail yet?

:waiting:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by fierceredpanda »

I'm actually more inclined to believe the docs have to do with Iran's nuclear program. I have a few reasons for this:

1) Dates. The unredacted portions of some of the classified material in the photo the government filed with the SDFL showed White House letterhead and dates in the 2017 and 2018 range. That would be around the time of the decisions being made regarding backing out of the Iran nuclear deal. There would have been a great deal of internal correspondence within the White House and the NSC regarding intelligence estimates of Iran's breakout time to make enough enriched uranium to start building bombs.

2) Classification. The same docs in that photo appeared to be classified TS//HCS-P/SI/TK. I imagine people have gone over what all that means, but it means information that is the product of human intelligence, signals intelligence, and satellite imagery intelligence. I'll grant Israel is a possibility here, but I kind of doubt it would be that highly-classified since a lot of Israel's program got leaked decades ago. Iran, on the other hand, is a prime target for all of the US intelligence community's resources, and everything would be brought to bear when making an estimate of their current capacity for enriching uranium and the aforementioned breakout time to building weapons.

3) Motivation. I tend to discard the possibility that Trump is overtly selling access to documents, mostly because I don't think he's capable of doing so without either massively botching a deal (like every other deal he does) or walking straight into a sting operation. I think he wants documents for leverage/insurance purposes. He wants documents laying out the worst-case scenario about Iran so that if Biden manages to make a new agreement with Iran, Trump can wave it in the air in 2024 and screech about how Biden is endangering our national security and Trump was right all along.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by northland10 »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm (And yes. I'm back. Miss me? It's been a crazy year. Fill y'all in on the details later. ;) )
FRP :dance:
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by Foggy »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm Miss me?
Yes and hell yes.

I mean, I wasn't crying myself to sleep at night, but ... yes. :thumbsup:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

FIERCE RED PANDA IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!! :groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Foggy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:07 am
Yes and hell yes.

FRP missed the meetup last night we probably would have had more to talk about.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Tiredretiredlawyer

Foggy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:07 am
Yes and hell yes.

He was too!
5380007045_8025dd70bb_w.jpg
5380007045_8025dd70bb_w.jpg (31.31 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

fierceredpanda wrote: ↑Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm
Miss me?
Yes. Yes I did.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Habba: We’ll have a special master who will take a look.. give back the privileged information.. and stop any criminal investigation that might be happening or any investigation at all from proceeding dead in its tracks until that special gets into play

Miller: If Garland cared about justice in America, he would be empaneling a grand jury to investigate the leakers..
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Looks like this is the new talking point
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I would not be surprised if Garland is already investigating who leaked, I'm pretty sure he has a reputation for running a very tight ship and doesn't tolerate leaking.

On the other hand, didn't the Justice department itself mention most of these facts already in one of their filings? I'm not sure how much of it is actually additional information that we didn't already know, maybe just stated differently and embellished somewhat.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Wouldn’t surprise me if the leak came from tfg’s camp.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm I'm trying to persuade my supervisor at the PD's office that we need to file motions to appoint a special master in all our search warrant cases. :dance:

(And yes. I'm back. Miss me? It's been a crazy year. Fill y'all in on the details later. ;) )
YES WE DID!
Well, some of us, anyway…
somerset

Post by somerset »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm I'm trying to persuade my supervisor at the PD's office that we need to file motions to appoint a special master in all our search warrant cases. :dance:

(And yes. I'm back. Miss me? It's been a crazy year. Fill y'all in on the details later. ;) )
Enough to log back in after almost a year away ;)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Bill Barr, Trump's former AG, on Trump possibly being indicted: "I think they're getting very close to that point, frankly"
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hi, somerset!!!!!!! :wave:
much ado

Post by much ado »

FRP!

Miss you? It's time to break out Foggy's cheerleaders from long ago!

tmohr

Post by tmohr »

I'm sure y'all have been awaiting Orly's opinion on this:

Orly Taitz <orly.taitz@gmail.com>

10:47 AM (3 hours ago)

to bcc: me
Because Trump never waived his executive privilege, DOJ and FBI never had a right to seize the documents, they had to seek the waiver in court

--
Dr Orly TaitzESQ
29839 Santa Margarita pkwy, ste 100
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
ph 949-683-5411 fax949-766-7603
orlytaitzesq.com
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

somerset wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:39 pm

Enough to log back in after almost a year away ;)
:thumbsup: :bighug:
tek

Post by tek »

tmohr wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:51 pm I'm sure y'all have been awaiting Orly's opinion on this:
Because Trump never waived his executive privilege, DOJ and FBI never had a right to seize the documents, they had to seek the waiver in court
oy.jpg
oy.jpg (41.19 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

tek wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:59 pm
tmohr wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:51 pm I'm sure y'all have been awaiting Orly's opinion on this:
oy.jpg
:lol:
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

:rotflmao:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”