Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by Kendra »

:crazy: :tinfoil:
Bannon and Rudy say that Merrick Garland should resign or be impeached because of the judge’s order appointing a Special Master.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by Greatgrey »

Yep, Aileen is a Republican. You can tell by the hypocrisy.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Shouldn't we be seeing an appeal to the 11th by the DOJ soon? Another chance to get out in public more damaging information about Trump's refusal to obey the law.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

They're not missing, they're invisible. Is she for realz? Quite the defense.
The Recount @therecount wrote: Trump attorney Alina Habba responds to accusations that empty classified folders at Mar-a-Lago means Trump has more documents:

“It could mean anything ... It could mean there was nothing in them. It could mean they’re invisible.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

This is making the rounds on the bird site, but I believe a number of the claims to be untrue. Or lies, have you.
CaneCove @CaneCove wrote: U.S. District (Trump) Judge Aileen Cannon was a member of the "Federalist Society" she clerked for Clarence Thomas and she worked at the law firm currently representing DJT and his attempts to challenge J Biden's win. The ABA deemed her unqualified. Yet here we are.
Here is the best of my recollection from the research I did on her when she first appeared on the scene:
1) FEDERALIST Society: I believe this to be true.
2) Clerked for Clarence Thomas: I believe this to be false.
3) Worked at the law firm currently representing DJT and his attempts to challenge Biden's win: Unsure, but I suspect false.
4) ABA deemed her unqualified: Definitely false, I remember her to be "qualified" (as opposed to "well qualified.")
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:27 pm2) Clerked for Clarence Thomas: I believe this to be false.
Cannon clerked for an 8th Circuit judge, but no indication she clerked for any SCOTUS judge.
3) Worked at the law firm currently representing DJT and his attempts to challenge Biden's win: Unsure, but I suspect false.
Cannon worked for Gibson Dunn for a few years. It is a megafirm; I would be unsurprised if it had worked on some aspect of the 2020 election.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

bob wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:43 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:27 pm2) Clerked for Clarence Thomas: I believe this to be false.
Cannon clerked for an 8th Circuit judge, but no indication she clerked for any SCOTUS judge.
Cannon worked for Gibson Dunn for a few years. It is a megafirm; I would be unsurprised if it had worked on some aspect of the 2020 election.
Interesting.
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher is backing Perkins Coie as it seeks to protect attorney-client privilege claims over work related to the 2016 election.
This is Durham.
https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/ ... hn-durham/

Didn't see anything about 2020, but even if so it sounds like she would be well removed from it anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:29 pm Can you imagine where we would be if instead of Judge Land hearing one of Orly’s cases it landed in ‘Judge’ Cannon’s courtroom?
She would have deported Obama and put half the registered Democrats in the country in jail.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:25 pm
Rudy is disbarred so I'd propose replacing him with Sidney Powell. :crazy:

Let's go full crazy.

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:40 pm :snippity:

Let's go full crazy.
Hold my beer......

Orly Taitz, Larry Klayman, and Lin Wood....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨🚨🚨BREAKING🚨🚨🚨 One of the documents recovered at Mar-a-Lago during the August 8 search included intelligence about a FOREIGN GOVERNMENT’S NUCLEAR DEFENSE READINESS.
I'll be back shortly with a gifted link. Gotta read first :popcorn:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Cheese and rice. Beginning of that story:
Material on foreign nation’s nuclear capabilities seized at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
Some seized documents were so closely held, only the president, a Cabinet-level or near-Cabinet level official could authorize others to know
By Devlin Barrett and Carol D. Leonnig September 6, 2022 at 7:53 p.m. EDT

A document describing a foreign government’s military defenses, including its nuclear capabilities, was found by FBI agents who searched former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and private club last month, according to people familiar with the matter, underscoring concerns among U.S. intelligence officials about classified material stashed in the Florida property. Some of the seized documents detail top-secret U.S. operations so closely guarded that many senior national security officials are kept in the dark about them. Only the president, some members of his Cabinet or a near-Cabinet-level official could authorize other government officials to know details of these special-access programs, according to people familiar with the search, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive details of an ongoing investigation.

Documents about such highly classified operations require special clearances on a need-to-know basis, not just top-secret clearance. Some special-access programs can have as few as a couple dozen government personnel authorized to know of an operation’s existence. Records that deal with such programs are kept under lock and key, almost always in a secure compartmented information facility, with a designated control officer to keep careful tabs on their location. But such documents were stored at Mar-a-Lago, with uncertain security, more than 18 months after Trump left the White House. After months of trying, according to government court filings, the FBI has recovered more than 300 classified documents from Mar-a-Lago this year: 184 in a set of 15 boxes sent to the National Archives and Records Administration in January, 38 more handed over by a Trump lawyer to investigators in June, and more than 100 additional documents unearthed in a court-approved search on Aug. 8.

It was in this last batch of government secrets, the people familiar with the matter said, that the information about a foreign government’s nuclear-defense readiness was found. These people did not identify the foreign government in question, say where at Mar-a-Lago the document was found or offer additional details about one of the Justice Department’s most sensitive national security investigations. A Trump spokesman did not immediately comment. Spokespeople for the Justice Department and FBI declined to comment. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence is conducting a risk assessment, to determine how much potential harm was posed by the removal from government custody of hundreds of classified documents.

The Washington Post previously reported that FBI agents who searched Trump’s home were looking, in part, for any classified documents relating to nuclear weapons. After that story published, Trump compared it on social media to a host of previous government investigations into his conduct. “Nuclear weapons issue is a Hoax, just like Russia, Russia, Russia was a Hoax, two Impeachments were a Hoax, the Mueller investigation was a Hoax, and much more. Same sleazy people involved,” he wrote, going on to suggest that FBI agents might have planted evidence against him. A grand jury subpoena issued May 11 demanded the return of “all documents or writings in the custody or control of Donald J. Trump and/or the Office of Donald J. Trump bearing classification markings,” including “Top Secret,” and the lesser categories of “Secret” and “Confidential.” The subpoena, issued to Trump’s custodian of records, then listed more than two dozen sub-classifications of documents, including “S/FRD,” an acronym for “Formerly Restricted Data,” which is reserved for information that relates primarily to the military use of nuclear weapons. Despite the “formerly” in the title, the term does not mean the information is no longer classified.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... p_politics
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:03 pm Yep, Aileen is a Republican. You can tell by the hypocrisy.

Maybe. The trouble is, amicus briefs aren't usually a thing for trial court proceedings.

Amicus briefs are frequently accepted by appellate courts, especially by state supreme courts and the United States Supreme Court, where it is typical for parties to stipulate to a blanket consent for the filing of amicus briefs by anybody.

Practice with respect to amicus briefs before trial courts is different. Trial courts rarely allow the filing of amicus briefs. See Cobell v. Norton, 246 F. Supp. 2d 59, 62-63 (D.D.C. 2003) (“An amicus brief should [only] be allowed when a party is not represented competently or is not represented at all, when the amicus has an interest in some other case that may be affected by the decision in the present case (though not enough affected to entitle the amicus to intervene and become a party in the present case), or when the amicus has unique information or perspective that can help the court beyond the help that the lawyers for the parties are able to provide.”)

Note that these conditions would rarely be satisfied when a proposed amicus is supporting the position of the federal government.

In the book of of Judge Cannon’s misdeeds, her failure to grant a few former federal prosecutors permission to file an amicus brief hardly rates a mention.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FWIW, CNN had one of the authors on the WAPO story on the air right now, AC 360.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:33 pm FWIW, CNN had one of the authors on the WAPO story on the air right now, AC 360.
gift linky kendra?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

This has been bugging me. It's Cannon's conclusion after a discussion of Richey (which I take to involve at least in part the importance of considering the stigma of indictment).

"As a function of Plaintiff’s former position as President of the United States, the stigma associated with the subject seizure is in a league of its own."

Can I just say, "No you fucker, it's not."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:41 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:33 pm FWIW, CNN had one of the authors on the WAPO story on the air right now, AC 360.
gift linky kendra?
Sorry, I got distracted. This work?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... &itid=gfta
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

The person who leaked this to the Washington post is probably in the process of getting rendition'd right now
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Some Twitter reactions:

9-6-2022 Trump Weapons.JPG
9-6-2022 Trump Weapons.JPG (102.53 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

And to the coming cries of "who leaked this to the liberal MSM?" I say the answer should be "It wouldn't have been leaked had it not been in the pool shed at Mar A Lago in the first place."

And you know it's coming...
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:22 pm And to the coming cries of "who leaked this to the liberal MSM?" I say the answer should be "It wouldn't have been leaked had it not been in the pool shed at Mar A Lago in the first place."

Hidden Content
Hidden Content
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:07 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:40 pm :snippity:

Let's go full crazy.
Hold my beer......

Orly Taitz, Larry Klayman, and Lin Wood....
Leo Denofrio, provided he’s not gambling at the moment
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:28 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:22 pm And to the coming cries of "who leaked this to the liberal MSM?" I say the answer should be "It wouldn't have been leaked had it not been in the pool shed at Mar A Lago in the first place."

Hidden Content
Hidden Content
I have WAPO. That's all.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”