Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by Reality Check »

Foggy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:28 am
Off Topic
Oh man, that reminds me of a caper I pulled in the early, early days of this great community. Ready for a stab from the past?

So my first post on this forum, back when it was Politijab, on February 23, 2009, was "Hi, I'm a left wingnut," but I used a photo of a wingnut that I happened to have for whatever reason on my Photobucket.

:snippity:
Off Topic
I thought you were on PJ before then? I think I joined on February 20, 2020. Weren't you one of the seven founders? I thought it was you, realist, rikker, Allison, BB, Brian and Justin? Maybe I am confused. I followed a link one of the fine ladies posted on RSOL Phil's blog over to PJ. I posted there and on the Birther blog that crazy guy from North Carolina, Captain Moroni, hosted. He was Mormon (d'uh) and those dudes were certain Obama would never be inaugurated. They were calling and faxing members of Congress to try to get them to step in and stop Obama from taking office. See, we are among the few who know that January 6, 2021 was not a new idea.

I told them they were full of shit and that Obama was going to be President but the idea of a black man being their president did something unmentionable to their brains. Captain Moroni even changed the name of the blog after the Inauguration.

Politijab was a great to find with like minded people who actually knew how the courts worked, how PACER worked, and who could download the filings and opinions from PACER. Remember when the Birthers used to have orgasms when the SCOTUS accepted something Phil Berg or Orly filed and they thought the justices were actually going to sit around a table on Friday's conference and consider some pile of shit seriously?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:58 pm
That's kind of hilarious, IMHO.

Poor NBC News! Those poor, poor bunnies! They were desperate for a scoop.

So they looked at the statement Trump released on August 22nd - honest, follow the link to the story - and even though it was full of malarkey, like accusing the FBI of planting fake evidence and claimed the search was "illegal and unconstitutional" and so forth, it made a little mention about how the documents would eventually go to the Donald Trump Presidential Library and Adult Video Palace.
:snippity:
This still does not absolve the former guy from wrongdoing. The documents belong in the first place into the hands ofvNARA who provide correct archival storage. Only when a presidential library has been built will they transfer the documents to said location. Only the unclassified documents get handed over. IIRC it's even NARA that is responible for running the library in the facilities provided. All classified documents get periodically reviewed and declassified, then moved to the library, it takes half a decade. Historical reseach projects may get limited access to the hidden portion.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Actual Prsedential Libraries are basically branch offices of NARA and not just anyone can show up unannounced nd rummage around. Research is by appointment only and you have to specify what you're looking for, it is for people doing real research, not College of Google, or Youtube University type "research".

At the same location as most of the Libraries are Museums with the exhibits open to the public. Those are not Government facilities and are typically run by foundations that the ex President raises funds for. The exhibits inside are still mostly government property on loan. A few of them have full size recreations of the Oval Office which is cool. Also, they are usually the site of former President's offices and thus access to write the memoirs and such is easy.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:58 pm And NBC, having nothing else, decided that even though the rest of the statement from over a week ago was total malarkey, the mention of the presidential library was A VERY SERIOUS THOUGHT by the thief & traitor, and lo and behold, what to my
I got to this part, and my ADHD brain suddenly inserted the phrase "commander in thief".

Now it's stuck there.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Looks like Kash has seen the writing on the wall for his future?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I guess Patel has heard he is going to be indicted, and he is "Close to Trump!"

Of course, I doubt Trump even knows his name.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Every now and then I look up Patel because I forget who he was/is. He's held some positions and seemed potentially a responsible adult. Always wonder where some of these people go way off the deep end. He's more than a bit.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Completely contrary to the law

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

(long list of words I'm not allowed to use here).....
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm so shocked.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

How does the national security investigation continue if DOJ has to stop reviewing materials?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:11 pm I'm so shocked.
Yeah, so so shocked.
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:18 pm How does the national security investigation continue if DOJ has to stop reviewing materials?
DOJ perhaps could install a NatSec team that investigates fallout but never talks to prosecutors.

Which might lead to some absurd situations, so the DOJ should just appeal the injunction.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:24 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:18 pm How does the national security investigation continue if DOJ has to stop reviewing materials?
DOJ perhaps could install a NatSec team that investigates fallout but never talks to prosecutors.

Which might lead to some absurd situations, so the DOJ should just appeal the injunction.
Imagine that's already drafted in some form.
bob

Post by bob »

S.D.Fla wrote:[T]he Court also temporarily enjoins the Government from reviewing and using the seized materials for investigative purposes pending completion of the special master’s review or further Court order. This Order shall not impede the classification review and/or intelligence assessment by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (“ODNI”).
I have little doubt that in the judge's mind this makes sense and isn't contradictory.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And like the Plaintiff's lawyers, she has no idea what "privileges" she's talking about and how it might work out.

Debate on the Twitter as to whether or not to appeal.

Has the DOJ appealed yet?

:waiting:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:34 pm And like the Plaintiff's lawyers, she has no idea what "privileges" she's talking about and how it might work out.

Debate on the Twitter as to whether or not to appeal.

Has the DOJ appealed yet?

:waiting:
Definitely appeal, she has no jurisdiction, special master isn't warranted. This would most likely get struck down on appeal
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This is funny

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
bob

Post by bob »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:40 pmThis would most likely get struck down on appeal
In the 11th Circuit (and ob. "in this economy?").

There's a reasonable argument to be made that simply complying will be less painful than appeal. Because there's the appeal, the en banc appeal, and the SCOTUS application. Each waystation is a point for further delay and the creation of bad (legal) precedent.

And if the special master goes into the woods and creates some sort of executive privilege, that could still be appealed at the end of the process.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of attempt for a narrow appeal, like for just the injunction against further investigation.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Today would be a good day for a raid on trump tower and other properties, and continuing the investigation using material siezed from THOSE properties.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”