Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
MsDaisy
Verified:

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by MsDaisy »

bob wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:43 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:51 pm Missing documents makes it clear there needs to be a search warrant for ALL of trumps other properties post haste
:snippity:
:yeahthat: doG knows what he's been doing with all the stuff he has since this all this shit hit the fan
noblepa

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:54 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:51 am Lots of empty folders with classified banners. So whatever used to be in those folders is no longer in the folders. That sounds...bad.
Yeah: It is quite possible that the documents are in the boxes, and just out of their folders. So even if it isn't that bad, it sounds bad, and unnecessarily gave up the narrative. Anyone who thought making this list public would be helpful should be fired.

And, of course, it also could actually be as bad it sounds.
Even if all the documents a simply in the boxes but not in their proper folders, it is still a pretty serious indication of improper handling of the documents.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Don’t you remember the movie with Leslie Neilson? Just imagine his goofy face.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I had a secret clearance when I worked for NAVTELCOM. The Navy took it seriously. We used IBM Selectrics throughout the facility and when you finished a ribbon cartridge it was locked in your bottom left desk drawer until Burn Bag Friday, and someone checked each desk in each office at the end of each day. More than one unlocked drawer and you’d lose the clearance.

Lawyer Gaba, you can tell, has no clucking fue.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:29 pm
IANAL, and I've never had to deal with classified documents, but that makes no sense to me.

Putting unclassified material in a folder marked "Classified" does not automatically classify whatever is put in the folder, but it seems to me that if could monumentally mess up any kind of filing system.

It also seems to me that anyone encountering a classified folder would reasonably assume that the contents are classified. That could be extremely confusing.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

noblepa wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:39 pm
IANAL, and I've never had to deal with classified documents, but that makes no sense to me.

Putting unclassified material in a folder marked "Classified" does not automatically classify whatever is put in the folder, but it seems to me that if could monumentally mess up any kind of filing system.

It also seems to me that anyone encountering a classified folder would reasonably assume that the contents are classified. That could be extremely confusing.
Adding: folders don't go "unused" at the recipients side, the content ought to be returned in a same marked folder. Except of course some braindead shreds a document. Also too, all those military marked explicitely request a return, no hoarding. Also one expects one document per folder, not a hodepodge when returning.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
As foreperson forerooster of the Fogbow Galactic Grand Jury, I use folders like that for keeping pizza slices in the refrigerator. 'Course, the "TOP SECRET" label doesn't really discourage the curiosity of a certain Wifehorn, in fact she's more likely to insist on inspection and testing of the contents. :doh:

But I don't leave empty folders in the refrigerator. The FBI staged the photo. :fingerwag:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:26 pm Even if all the documents a simply in the boxes but not in their proper folders, it is still a pretty serious indication of improper handling of the documents.
Also an indication of a crime.

The point was this was yet another tactical blunder: Every time he's demanded more transparency, he's gotten it yet it made things worse for him.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

:fingerwag:

All the twitter lawyers have ruled the president can declare any document to be personal, and there's nothing no one can do about that. :nope:

What does that Barr dude know about federal law?

:brickwallsmall:
Image ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

bob wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:54 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:51 am Lots of empty folders with classified banners. So whatever used to be in those folders is no longer in the folders. That sounds...bad.
Yeah: It is quite possible that the documents are in the boxes, and just out of their folders. So even if it isn't that bad, it sounds bad, and unnecessarily gave up the narrative. Anyone who thought making this list public would be helpful should be fired.

And, of course, it also could actually be as bad it sounds.
The only reason I can see to un-bind or unfolder the documents would be to run them through the scanner.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:05 pm
One wonders how the minority leader gets to schedule committee hearings before which the FBI must appear. One does.
Two wonders as well. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:49 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:05 pm
One wonders how the minority leader gets to schedule committee hearings before which the FBI must appear. One does.
Two wonders as well. :biggrin:
Izzy not assuming that the Rethuglicans will reclaim the House in January, and that he will be anointed The Great and Almighty Speaker from Bakersfield?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

It's McCarthy. He's a chameleon. He doesn't think. He reacts. Lizard no brain.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Everyone keeps talking about how fat and unhealthy Trump is. I beg to differ. It takes some extraordinary flexibility and determination to keep stepping on your own dick like that.

He's doing the mushroom clog dance.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

From hardcore progressive Democrat Bill Barr:
Barr says no ‘legitimate reason’ for Trump to have classified documents
By Azi Paybarah September 2, 2022 at 3:46 p.m. EDT

In his sharpest critique of his former boss, former attorney general William P. Barr said there is no reason classified documents should have been inside Donald Trump’s personal residence in Florida after he was no longer president. “No, I can’t think of a legitimate reason why they could be taken out of government, away from the government, if they are classified,” Barr said in an interview with Fox News that aired Friday. Barr’s comment comes after federal officials entered Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and home last month with a court-issued warrant to retrieve classified documents, a move the former president said was improper and politically motivated. “People say this was unprecedented,” Barr said Friday, “but it’s also unprecedented for a president to take all this classified information and put them in a country club, okay?”

Barr also dismissed the explanation advanced by Trump and his allies that the former president had declassified entire batches of the documents. “If in fact he sort of stood over scores of boxes, not really knowing what was in them, and said, ‘I hereby declassify everything in here,’ that would be such an abuse and show such recklessness that it’s almost worse than taking the documents,” Barr said.“What people are missing,” Barr told Fox News, is that documents, regardless of whether they were classified, “still belong to the government and go to the archives.” The other documents that were seized, like news clippings, were “seizable under the warrant because they show the conditions under which the classified information was being held,” Barr said.

Barr also said the government had gone to extraordinary lengths to work cooperatively with Trump’s team before entering his Florida home. “They jawboned for a year. They were deceived on the voluntary actions taken,” he said, referring to false assertions made by Trump’s lawyers that all necessary material had been handed over. Then the government “went and got a subpoena. They were deceived on that, they feel, and the record, the facts are starting to show that they were being jerked around.” “And so,” Barr asked rhetorically, “how long do they wait?” Though Barr also said that “it is clearly foolish what happened, and inexplicable,” he added that it was not clear whether the actions should be criminally prosecuted, considering, among other things, the documents were ultimately recovered. The latest court filing Friday showed that Trump intermingled classified and unclassified materials in boxes at his Florida residence and had dozens of empty folders that bore a “classification” marking, according to an inventory list that described in more detail what FBI agents recovered when they searched Mar-a-Lago last month.

Barr’s comments on Fox News — one of the outlets Trump is known to watch closely — represents an escalation of Barr’s condemnation of his former boss’s behavior. Barr faced a backlash from Trump after telling him there was no widespread fraud in the 2020 election. That created a deep rift between the nation’s top law enforcement officer and the president and ultimately led Barr to abruptly leave the administration. Since then, Trump and his allies have attacked Barr for not doing more to overturn the election results. Later, Barr gave damning testimony to the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters who tried to stop the certification of the presidential election. Barr testified that Trump was “detached from reality” and obsessed with fantastical notions of voter fraud.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p_politics
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thanks so much, Maybenaut, for adding those up! Posted on Twitter using the Fogbow link about it:
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 2m
Maybenaut at Fogbow added up #ClassifiedDocuments seized at #MarALago:
31 Confidential
51 Secret
27 #TopSecret
11,179 Gov't Unclassified
48 Empty Classified folders
42 Empty Return to Staff/Mil Aide folders
Join us at Fogbow to discuss Trump's Doc Theft:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:43 pm I added them all up.

There were

31 documents marked Confidential
51 marked Secret
27 marked Top Secret
11,179 Government unclassified
48 empty classified folders
42 empty Return to Staff/Mil Aide folders
Thanks, this is a great reference. :bighug: :thumbsup: :popcorn:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

My first job out of college was at an aerospace company that built military hardware and did studies for the DOT.

I was in the thermodynamics department which did both military and DOT work. I never worked with classified documents but had to get a secret clearance just to work in that office area.

There were also sections of the building that were restricted to people that were working on sensitive projects.

As I recall my clearance was canceled as soon as I left to take another job.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

That was before you were a research scientist wizard at DARPA, amirite? :batting:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Foggy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:06 pm I totally expect Judge Cannon to release the order today, before 5 pm.
This one might even count as fractally, unpossibly wrong. :whistle:
:liar: :blackeye: :blackeyebig: :bag: :blackeyebig: :blackeye: :liar:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Barr Dismisses Trump’s Request for a Special Master
The former attorney general, who chose not to indict Mr. Trump in the Russia inquiry, said the Justice Department was justified in investigating his handling of government materials.
By Glenn Thrush Sept. 2, 2022, 5:30 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — Former Attorney General William P. Barr dismissed former President Donald J. Trump’s call for an independent review of materials seized from his Florida home on Friday — and said an inventory of items recovered in the search last month seemed to support the Justice Department’s claim that it was needed to safeguard national security.

“As more information comes out, the actions of the department look more understandable,” Mr. Barr told The New York Times in a phone interview, speaking of the decision by the current attorney general, Merrick B. Garland, to seek a search warrant of the complex at Mar-a-Lago.

“It seems to me they were driven by concern about highly sensitive information being strewn all over a country club, and it was taking them almost two years to get it back,” said Mr. Barr, who resigned in December 2020, as Mr. Trump pushed him to support false claims that the election had been stolen.

“It appears that there’s been a lot of jerking around of the government,” he added. “I’m not sure the department could have gotten it back without taking action.”

Asked what he thought of the argument for the appointment of a special master, an independent arbiter to review the material that could delay the investigation, Mr. Barr laughed.

“I think it’s a crock of shit,” he said, adding, “I don’t think a special master is called for.”
More: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/02/us/p ... aster.html

:lol: In the clip below, watch when the Fox News interview starts... when Barr says "Red Herring", John Roberts' head cocks like a puppy. Watch the Fox anchors' reactions. The blonde is PISSED.

Haven't found the full interview yet but here's some more of it. It's sort of strange... the beginning of the interview is at 2:33. Barr does the "Red Herring" line near the beginning. Will replace it when the full comes out.

ETA: OK, here's the full interview but you have to open it on the Fox News page. 6 mins 20 secs.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”