Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by bob »

Also:

So the inventory should drop, and the parties get to haggle over the potentially privileged material identified by the taint* team.

Given that this is the DOJ's team, it likely found very little (or controversial), i.e., actual attorney-client communications about other matters and not evidence of crime or fraud.

* Ob. :lol: :dance: :towel:
Image ImageImage
bob

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by bob »

Million-dollar mouthpiece gotta earn those duckets.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Here's a look at Trump's many recent "guests" at Mar-A-Lago while a trove of classified documents was on the property

Michael Flynn
Mike Lindell
Kari Lake
Matt Gaetz
George Hamilton
Vanilla Ice
Alex Rodriguez
The Nelk Boys
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Wait, we're going to see the detailed inventory? That's nice.
Katie Porter '28
much ado

Post by much ado »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:47 pm Wait, we're going to see the detailed inventory? That's nice.
Yep. And so SAD for Trump!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Wonkette's Evan Hurst has his own speshul take on Steve Doocy's brief periods of normalcy.

https://www.wonkette.com/-2657986755
Steve Doocy APPALLED Right Now, Strangely For Correct Reasons!

Steve Doocy woke up on the less stupid side of the bed this morning, and when he got to work on "Fox & Friends," he was absolutely appalled by what he learned about the new government filing about Donald Trump's stolen treason documents.

So when he was interviewing emptyheaded dumbfuck South Dakota Republican Governor Kristi Noem, he decided to ask questions like "WHY DID HE HAVE ALL THAT SECRET STUFF AT MAR-A-LAGO?"

They were good questions!

Doocy said he knew Trump and his idiot lawyers have said Trump declassified all those documents, but "that's news to the agencies that those documents belong to!" Doocy was appalled that "he had apparently three classified documents in his desk!"

It's always interesting to see at which moments Republicans and conservative media types choose to stop eating the magic mushrooms that grow in the moist thickets of Donald Trump's undercarriage and come back to reality. At least for today, Steve Doocy is among the normals.
► Show Spoiler
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, when you've lost Steve Doocy ... you still have Peter Doocy. :rolleye:
Katie Porter '28
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Stupid question but shouldn’t a judge nominated by the subject of an investigation recuse herself?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:11 pm Bad judge, I smack your wrist with a ruler. Secret courts are the best, that's why we don't really have secret courts in America.
Aren't the FISA courts secret? They're the ones who can send a request (subpeona?) to your employer or bank who can not legally divulge that they even got the request.
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:15 pm Stupid question but shouldn’t a judge nominated by the subject of an investigation recuse herself?
Short answer: No.

Federal judges routinely are asked to rule against the position of the person who nominated them. A contrary rule would hamper the judiciary (which is already understaffed) and encourage judge shopping by throwing in frivolous claims meant only to draw a recusal.

The way the system is supposed to work is either party can move for recusal. I don't expect that to happen here.

Judges are supposed to self-recuse if their impartiality reasonably could be questioned. Note the weasel language and who gets to decide. So I don't expect a self-recusal either.
Image ImageImage
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Just to go back to the Taco Bowl photo, the Guardian at the time had a great toungue in cheek analysis of the photo. I'll never forget one bit, at the least.
Benny Johnson, creative director for the website Independent Journal, tweeted the discovery that Trump had a photo of his ex-wife, Marla Maples, in a bikini on his desk when the infamous taco bowl photo was taken.

I cannot verify or dismiss this claim, but I can say that it’s perfectly normal behavior to have pictures of your ex-wife in a state of undress in your office. I heard a rumor that Charles de Gaulle did the same thing during the second world war.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... cs-picture

He was using it as a placemat but enough was exposed to identify.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

noblepa wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:19 pm
Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:11 pm Bad judge, I smack your wrist with a ruler. Secret courts are the best, that's why we don't really have secret courts in America.
Aren't the FISA courts secret? They're the ones who can send a request (subpeona?) to your employer or bank who can not legally divulge that they even got the request.
That's the exception that proves the rule. Yes. I think immigration courts are notorious for this sort of thing, too also. But Judge Cannon cannot run a secret court. I sardonically congratulate her on not doing anything outrageously loony today.

Further affiant sayeth naught. :smoking:
Katie Porter '28
bob

Post by bob »

I presume the DOJ either today did, or would if pressed, raise these exact concerns.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

New Turtle wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:33 pm They also want the Very Special Master to have access to the unredacted affidavit that shows the witness names.
Someone posted Trump's motion for a special master. It included that the SM and "the movant" (Trump himself) should be given an unredacted copy. If that were to happen, anyone named in the affidivit can expect to be doxed and harassed, bigly.

IANAL, but I don't see the need for the SM or Trump to see that affidavit at this time. If/when he is indicted, it may be appropriate for his lawyers to see it in order to try to contest the validity of the search warrant.

I'm also sure that Trump considers any communication between himself and the Attorney General to be privileged, on the grounds that the AG was his lawyer. AFAIK, it is well settled law that the AG is the lawyer for the United States, not the President. There may be other forms of legally enforceable privilege or confidentiality that apply to the relationship between the AG and POTUS, but not attorney/client privilege.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

It could be that I am just generally grumpy today, but I am going to stop hoping that this menace might actually face justice. It's just not going to happen. I may need to find some distant cousins in Europe or Canada to sponsor me and help me find a job. My German is very rusty, but I could probably pick it up again.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:54 pm
Chilidog wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:44 pm I'm a tad bit confused here.
This looks like it was taken at the forensic lab.....

check here https://reason.com/2019/04/04/brave-cop ... and-dough/
5408A6D8-0E4F-4807-8B89-79398204167C.jpeg
5408A6D8-0E4F-4807-8B89-79398204167C.jpeg (108.1 KiB) Viewed 817 times
From the article
"This is a measuring cup."

Er, no. It's a canning funnel used to fill Mason jars prior to processing in a home canner.

:brickwallsmall:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

On Newsmax no less

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:15 pm Stupid question but shouldn’t a judge nominated by the subject of an investigation recuse herself?
Weren't some of the judges who heard the birthers' baseless lawsuits against Obama appointed by Obama? And didn't the birthers scream bloody murder that those judges were evil and corrupt for not recusing themselves?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

noblepa wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:55 pm
Weren't some of the judges who heard the birthers' baseless lawsuits against Obama appointed by Obama? And didn't the birthers scream bloody murder that those judges were evil and corrupt for not recusing themselves?
For a nation that makes claims to be a meritocracy,
There are a lot of meritless appointments.
Jim

Post by Jim »

bob wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:10 pm
Aren't there different levels of Top Secret clearances?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

How do you retain a security clearance after you leave your job? Is it like a library card? Even former presidents have to have their continued clearance approved by the current POTUS, don't they?

It seems insane to me that you could make the plaintiff's lawyer the master because it's the lawyer's job to protect his client first, right?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:47 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:54 pm
Chilidog wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:44 pm I'm a tad bit confused here.
This looks like it was taken at the forensic lab.....

check here https://reason.com/2019/04/04/brave-cop ... 4167C.jpeg
From the article
"This is a measuring cup."

Er, no. It's a canning funnel used to fill Mason jars prior to processing in a home canner.

:brickwallsmall:
Correct, it could also have been used to fill those jars with pot... :thumbsup:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

OK, I take it back about Raj K. Patel, he's a hardcore MAGAt. He keeps filing in the case, even after the judge said no. He filed this today and something else:

MOVANT-INTERVENOR (PRO SE- RAJ K.PATEL'S REPLY TO DEFENDANT'S RESPONSE AT DKT 48
WHEREAS, thus, the Attorney General has committed Treason!, and;
He says the dotard has privilege and other stuff. Link: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 60.0_4.pdf

Took a quick look at his name, he sued his Uni and Biden and other crazy stuff. He isn't the model UN kid it originally looked like, he seems to embrace the troll.

Docket on this case as a refresher: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64 ... ed-states/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”