Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Lose Again

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Lose Again

Post by Luke »

Here's a topic to discuss all the bad news, historical trends, and reasons why Democrats are screwed, fucked over, have no hope of winning, have lost the USA for generations and any other entirely possible scenarios. It's reasonable to post bad news to manage expectations. Let's start with Hugh Hewitt:
Opinion How the GOP can win in 2022
By Hugh Hewitt Contributing columnist August 24, 2022 at 7:00 a.m. EDT

Summer used to end on Labor Day. Now, it’s over with the first kickoff of a significant college football game, which we will stretch, for argument’s sake, to mean Nebraska vs. Northwestern this Saturday in, of all places, Dublin. Confused Cornhuskers and Wildcats may struggle to find Dublin on a map (as they have long believed the Irish capital was in South Bend, Indiana). But with the first official play from scrimmage, summer comes to a thudding stop and fall is underway. As are the midterm campaigns. “Election Day” is no longer a moment — Nov. 8 is the official date this year — but a season. Voting in the congressional races gets underway 46 days earlier in Minnesota and South Dakota, 45 days earlier in Virginia and Wyoming and 40 earlier in Illinois and Michigan. That’s late September, just a month away.

Democrats will talk about abortion and run endlessly through their “threat to democracy” talking points, but that’s a hard narrative to maintain in the face of gale-force worries about inflation and recession. The GOP has boiled its message down to a half-dozen themes about what happens when one party — President Biden’s, for the moment — controls both the House and the Senate. The case for every Republican candidate has six paragraphs and a coda. “Affordability” should lead off most ads and speeches. Gas prices are falling with the approach of recession and the end of summer driving but groceries soared 13 percent year-over-year in July and everyone’s got to eat. “Anxiety” covers a host of worries, of course, but serious crime and concern for loved ones tops the list. The concern over violence crescendos with every mass shooting, but it is the fear of crime rising in some suburbs that has the power to boost Republican hopes.

Ordinary Americans’ continuing “anger” with elites — whether inside big companies, big government, big media or big universities — will once again prove to be a surprise factor in voter turnout, inevitably missed by the pollsters and prognosticators. The anger is powered by a sense of things headed in the wrong direction and a resentment at those who label supporters of Donald Trump as fascists, racists and sexists. Futility at enforcing a border and disinterest in the consequences fuels the upset. The scourge of fentanyl has an address and it includes most entry points along the southern border, particularly San Diego. If Republican Senate hopefuls in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Nevada, Wisconsin, Colorado and Washington state have a hidden superpower, this anger is it.

“Energy” is paragraph four of the GOP agenda and part of the larger debate in this country about fossil fuels. The ground may be shifting slightly toward nuclear power in the face of climate change and rising energy prices. The absurd anti-oil policies of Biden that began with cancellation of the Keystone pipeline have not dissipated even as the cost of gasoline declines. “Education” is the sleeper issue for every GOP candidate; so is trouble for school board incumbents who have not stepped forward to renounce mandatory masking or the infusion of critical race theory into primary schools. These issues will define many local elections. Then, there is “ESG” — short for “Environmental, Social, Governance policies” — which usually means that large companies at the very least pay lip service to all manner of leftist aspirations from 100 percent “green” energy to declamations against “transphobia.” The ESG list, from where I sit, shape shifts as required by context and is losing its power in the C-suite. But it has gained a grip in corporate culture and workplaces. While big majorities of Americans favor a broad and welcoming acceptance of people of all sexual orientations and compassion toward people struggling through all sorts of identity crises, those same majorities reject the most extreme demands of the most outspoken activists.

The Democrats gifted Republicans with one last weapon when they voted to add $80 billion to the budget and 87,000 staff to the payroll of the IRS over a decade and bestow a $7,500 tax credit on Americans who can afford to buy and drive electric vehicles. Ford promptly raised the price on its electric-powered “Lightning” 150 pickup. Perhaps that explains why Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm’s message pivoted to “30 percent off solar panels!” And behind it all, the shame of our abandonment of Afghanistan a year ago next week. Fall is arriving. No pivots from these themes. Let the campaigning begin.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... can-sweep/

And Kurt Schlichter:
Wake Up Flaccidcons – It's Not 2005 Anymore
Kurt Schlichter|Posted: Aug 22, 2022 12:01 AM
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Townhall.com.

Oh, Mike Pence, you soft, naive little man. Oh, Tim Scott, you kind and friendly gentleman. I like you both. I really do. I would love you to be my neighbors. If I ran short of sugar or charcoal, you'd square me away. Not so much bourbon, but whatever. If I asked you to help me move or give me a ride to the airport, you suckers would be all in because you are nice guys. And that's your problem and the problem of Republicans like you. You are nice guys in a time that calls for ruthless killers who want to destroy our enemies and leave them on their backs, figuratively cockroaching on the floor. We want vengeance and victory. You want hugs. I guess that's nice. Hugworld would be pleasant, but it's the hardcore bomb throwers who get us to that stage by pummeling our enemies into submission. You find that unsavory, disconcerting, unseemly. You would prefer a world of comity, collegiality, and unicorns. And that ain't happening until we warrior cons have broken our enemy – yeah, I used the "E" word – and exacted our payback and thereby ensured that their pain is so great that they will not dare even dream of repeating this nonsense again for a generation for fear of our righteous wrath.*

Your problem is that you live on forever in a world that no longer exists, if it ever did. You live in a world where there are norms. You live in a world of rules and guardrails, where the institutions are at least nominally neutral and where we all share some basic premises that provide common ground. But we don't. They hate America. They hate believing Christians and Jews. They hate the idea of free speech, freedom of religion, the right to due process, and not killing babies three seconds before they poke their heads out. They think kids should be mutilated to conform to gender delusions. They want us normals disarmed, disenfranchised, and, more often than you softies will admit, deceased. You both want to run in 2024, but you think it's still 2005, and you both talk like a pre-failure Weekly Standard article about "empowerment" and "opportunity." Buzzwords like that are worse than meaningless in an environment where our basic liberties are under constant assault by these communist bastards. There's a war on and you people want to sing Kumbaya. That's why you cannot be allowed anywhere near the levers of power in 2024. You just can't accept what time it is. The FBI, Crusty Joe's personal Stasi, invades President Trump's home – they rifle through his wife's panty drawer – and Tim Scott tells CBS News that we need to wait for all the facts. All the facts? Like the FBI hasn't spent the last six years trying to frame our president and everyone around him? "Sure, they made up a lot of things in the past to imprison Trump and his staff, but this time it might be totally true – let's give them the benefit of the doubt!"

Mike Pence then tells us we need to go easy on the Bureau flunkies who did the deed because, after all, the institution is full of good apples. Yeah, good apples. Where are these good apples? Who's the guy who quit because he refused to be part of the Democrats' political hit squad? What's his name? Jim Jordan says 14 whistleblowers have come forward. Awesome – 14 out of 35,000. That's a good apple tart, not even a good apple pie, much less a good apple barrel. You always want to give the benefit of the doubt to the institutions because to not do so pushes you outside of your comfort zone. You desperately want the system to work. But so do we hardcores. The difference is that our response to the manifest proof that the system is totally broken to the point where only drastic reforms under a ruthless leader like a Trump 2.0 or Ron DeSantis 1.0 can save our country is to accept the harsh reality. We have made peace with the fact that there is nothing left to conserve, that we must loot and pillage and fight to rebuild upon the ruins. But you softies, you cannot get your heads around the truth of the situation because to do so would require you to go hard, and going hard is not in your wheelhouse. It's not your brand. So you simply ignore reality and pretend that it is 20 years ago and that if you are only a good person, good things will happen. Ned Beatty in "Deliverance" was a good person too.

It's time to accept reality and embrace the suck. The suck is that we are in a fight. It's not going to be over when we pass a few laws or overturn some terrible precedents; those are necessary but far from sufficient actions. No, we are in a long and brutal political struggle where the stakes are our liberty, and while you want to figuratively clutch your pearls and worry about whether this is who we are, we know who we are. And we are the guys and gals who want to figuratively don our plate armor, sharpen our broadswords, and get some, Knight Templar-style. Mike Pence, Tim Scott, I like you. And I would love to live in your world. But that world exists only in your imagination, and I and the rest of us in the base are stuck here on Planet Earth. You guys can't be president because you are not wartime consiglieres. You are both Tom Hagan, reliable and soft Tom Hagan, when we are Michael and we need a Sonny to go after the Barzinis and Tartaglias of the left.

It's sad that your dreams of the presidency in 2024 must die, but you don't get it, and you can't fake it. This was a test, and you failed. If you are still imagining that there might be some set of facts awaiting public disclosure that makes it okay to send guys with guns to invade the domicile of your primo political opponent, if you still can't bring yourself to demand that the disgraced FBI be defunded and dismantled so it can never try to frame another GOP politician, then you are not up to the job. You don't get to be president because you don't know what time it is. Sorry about your shattered dreams, but this is our liberty, and to preserve that, we can live with you being disappointed. Maybe someday, after those of us who are based destroy the enemy's ability to make war upon us, you can have your shot and preside over an era of good feelings. But that will only come after someone else does the dirty work you are incapable of. So step aside, and let the warriors do their thing. In the meantime, I need a ride to LAX – pick me up at 5:30 am.
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... p=28393595

* Interesting, Kurt bullseyes the secret mission of the 699th. See highlighted paragraph above. Thankfully, he clearly has no idea that Lt Col Root Beer, Lt Biscuit, and their troops have been executing virtually this strategy, "destroy our enemies and leave them on their backs, figuratively cockroaching on the floor" to remarkable success (House, Senate, White House) since 2018.

Asking for a favor. Would folks please post bad news and opinions (which are totally reasonable) here and please keep the "Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Win Again" topic positive, please? The Win topic is my one small place to keep some hope and optimism alive during a really, really rough time in real life.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Lose Again

Post by Ben-Prime »

I tend to glaze over at the syllables 'Hugh Hewitt', I will admit. Is that wrong? Should I not do that?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The best thing about conservative opinion pieces in WaPo are the comments. The best liked comment for the above Hugh Hewitt piece says:
Not — one — mention from Brother Hewitt on what or how his “party” (if it still is one?) can DO for the country. Nope. Just another in a long list of grievance filled essays about everything that is wrong with the country and how Joe Biden and the Democrats are to blame for all of it.

See ya next week Hugh and another one of your wash, rinse, repeat missives.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I haven’t heard HH since I stopped dropping in on AM radio every once in a while.
He is pretty indicative of what the pre-masticated spat-into-weak-minds GOP positions are.
I feel they are two immersed in their own bubbling froth of patriot night terror sweat to see most American aren’t amygdala-fear-ruled suckers for the nonsense the second schmuck is trying to sell.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

4 hours ago - Politics & Policy
First look: McCarthy PAC's new offense play
Hans Nichols Sophia Cai

House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s leadership PAC has reserved another $37 million in TV time for the last two months before midterms — with $9 of every $10 targeting seats carried by President Biden in 2020 — Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The aggressive buy from the Congressional Leadership Fund is a rejoinder to growing talk about Democrats finding a shot to retain the House.

The big picture: Democrats hope to harness voter energy around protecting abortion rights to motivate their base and appeal to independents in an election Republicans had hoped would focus on economic anxiety. In the Senate, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has been tempering expectations, warning that his party may not win back the majority. But Republicans remain confident they can retake the House, and CLF is doubling down on offensive spending, even in places where Biden won by double digits two years ago. “Republicans are in great position to win the House and we’re adding more firepower to the arsenal we need to make it a reality,” CLF president Dan Conston told Axios.

Details: The $37 million in new CLF reservations come on top of $125 million the group announced in April. New investments include:

Texas' 34th Congressional District, where Rep. Mayra Flores (R) flipped control in a special election but where redistricting now makes the seat more favorable to her Democratic rival, Rep. Vicente Gonzalez.
Indiana's 1st Congressional District, where Republican Jennifer-Ruth Green, a Black veteran, faces first-term Democratic Rep. Frank Mrvan.
New York's 17th Congressional District, where Republican Mike Lawler is seeking to unseat Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chair Sean Patrick Maloney.
CLF is also going on defense in four districts in California, Iowa and Nebraska.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s PAC plans an additional $20 million ad buy for the campaign’s final weeks, Axios has reported. It's already spent more than $100 million on TV and digital ads for Democrats this cycle. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee on Friday reserved $24 million for their latest ad buys. Some of the new reservations are to bolster the party’s efforts to go on offense, with a small portion of the spending aimed at flipping Republican seats. What we're watching: Biden’s approval ratings are still low, but show signs of creeping up amid Democratic legislative wins on clean energy, prescription drug prices, manufacturing, semiconductors and veterans.

Biden's recent student loan forgiveness decision also could impact voter sentiment. Inflation remains a major concern, but its pace has slowed. Recent decreases in high gas prices are giving Americans some late summer relief.
https://www.axios.com/2022/08/29/kevin-mccarthy-pac-ads
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

OPINION Published August 30, 2022 2:00am EDT
Media refuse to see Republican wave coming this November
Democrats in November have to carry the Biden record and their own votes
By Newt Gingrich | Fox News

The legacy, left-wing media is at best misunderstanding – and at worst deliberately distorting – the evidence that a Republican-led wave election is coming in November. This is especially true in the U.S. Senate, where Republican candidates are well positioned to regain control of the body in a mass repudiation of President Joe Biden and the Democrats’ policies. For starters, it’s a midterm in a new president’s term. History tells us these elections almost always cut against the president’s party. Add to this that 74 percent of Americans think the country is headed in the wrong direction thanks to out-of-control spending, 40-year high inflation, rising prices, surging violence, an unpoliced border, and a host of lesser crises. The Democrat-led Congress has a 79 percent disapproval rating, according to Statista. And Biden is hovering at 53 percent disapproval in an average of polls of likely voters, according to FiveThirtyEight (many polls are much worse for Biden). But set these broad indicators aside for a moment.

The left-wing media is currently pointing to the recent special election in New York’s 19th Congressional District as a bellwether for the November elections. Democrat Pat Ryan eked out a 2-percentage-point win over Republican Marc Molinaro. To claim this Democrat victory as a sign of things to come is either ignorant or dishonest. New York’s 19th District is reliably blue. In 2020, the Democrat won by 11.6 percentage points. Democrats also had a tremendous structural advantage in this special election because it was held on the same day as party primaries – which are usually stand-ins for general elections in New York because of the massive Democrat voter base. New York has closed primaries, so independents (those who can swing an election) can’t vote in Democrat primaries. Simply put, this system suppresses independent voter participation because independents simply don’t have must on which to vote (independents made up less than 5 percent of the electorate in the previous three New York primary elections). A 2-percentage-point win here should make Democrats nervous – not jubilant. The real lesson from the NY-19 race is for Republicans. President Trump earned 178,000 votes in the district in 2020. Although it was redrawn before this race, Molinaro got only 63,000 votes. Had Molinaro run a more aggressive campaign that focused on big national issues, I suspect he could have reached more of the potentially 115,000 Trump voters who weren’t motivated to turnout for the special election. This would have given him the win.

The media is also obsessing over Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s recent comment that the Senate elections would be tough for Republicans. In all fairness to McConnell, his super PAC has since poured tens-of-millions of dollars into these races – and he clearly intends to win them. At the same time, pundits and reporters are ignoring the deeply positive, optimistic attitudes from the Republican National Committee, the National Republican Senate Committee, and a host of other Republican Senate-focused groups. The media is also ignoring the massive Republican voter enthusiasm. We have seen enormous Republican turnout and voter registrations across the country.

As I wrote earlier this week, every Democrat Senate incumbent has to carry heavy burdens in November – the Biden record and their own votes. The Democrats running for Senate in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, New Hampshire, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Washington have voted with the Biden-Democrat agenda between 96 percent and 98 percent of the time this Congress. Similarly, Democrats running in other races will have to bend over backwards to avoid repudiating their party base, leadership – and the president – if they want to reach independents. Simply put: Democrats own inflation. They own high gas prices. They own rising violent crime. They own the border disaster. They own the 87,000 new IRS agents. They own all of it. If Republicans stay focused on these issues, the Democrats will crumble. I don’t expect the establishment left-wing media will recognize any of this. But I expect the American people will.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/media-r ... g-november

Senate Republicans @NRSC
Well said, @newtgingrich. A red wave is coming whether the media wants to accept it or not.
foxnews.com
Media refuse to see Republican wave coming this November
A Republican-led wave election is coming in November, but the left-wing media won't recognize it.
8:04 PM · Aug 31, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 38s
Replying to @NRSC and @newtgingrich
Disgraced Newt Gingrich, forced to resign as Speaker, predicted a near-landslide win for Romney. He also predicted "Biden Will Implode Come November" in 2020. Nobody's lost betting against Newt. Democrats will win #Midterms2022. 🇺🇸 https://newsweek.com/newt-gingrich-if-e ... er-1501543
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, tell it to Sarah Palin. I bet that shook up a few Rs last night.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Current Politics”