Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dave from down under

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Dave from down under »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:02 pm 9CEA5D15-7802-4493-B27E-95835E3596D3.jpeg
Memoir of Donald Trump - Russia’s greatest Spy -
What I stole and who I sold it to.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Luke »

:P True true but if Jarvanka, Roodles, or Bobb/Habba flip...... 8-)
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:42 pm :P True true but if Jarvanka, Roodles, or Bobb/Habba flip...... 8-)
Yeah, stranger things have happened. I has a feeling Meadows may very well have flipped, so...
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Makes you wonder if he's already in witness protection.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey hey #BirtherBonus!

13489.JPG
13489.JPG (100.31 KiB) Viewed 1073 times

So what is EO 13489? Why, it's the first EO President Obama signed! :dance:

On his first full day in office, President Barack H. Obama issued an executive order that grants the incumbent President and relevant former Presidents 30 days to review records prior to their release to the public. E.O. 13489 changed the presidential record preservation policies promulgated by the George W. Bush Administration through E.O. 13233.
https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/R40238.html

What is Barack Obama’s executive order 13489 about?
Kevin Davidson :P

Originally Answered: What is Barack Obamas executive order 13489 about?
Ah yes, Executive Order 13,489, the one that the birthers seized upon thinking that Obama was sealing his birth certificate with it. Of course, “presidential records” are those created by the president’s administration, not records of things that happened 40 years before. Do these things never go away?

The preamble to the order reads:

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to establish policies and procedures governing the assertion of executive privilege by incumbent and former Presidents in connection with the release of Presidential records by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) pursuant to the Presidential Records Act of 1978, it is hereby ordered as follows

Executive Order 13,489 reversed a more restrictive policy on executive records signed by president George W. Bush, and put things back to where they were under Ronald Reagan.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-Barack-Ob ... 3489-about
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

RVInit wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:46 pm
orlylicious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:42 pm :P True true but if Jarvanka, Roodles, or Bobb/Habba flip...... 8-)
Yeah, stranger things have happened. I has a feeling Meadows may very well have flipped, so...
Meadows is in the box with Ivana.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I feel really bad. Many of Mark Levin's Twitter followers are triggered. All I did was point out GG's comment but they don't like it. :(

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:01 pm WOO HOO! 19 pages:

:snippity:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 58.0_4.pdf
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

GIVE ME MY SPECIAL MASTER!

ASAP OR SOONER!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
much ado

Post by much ado »

Okay. I guess I don't really understand why they think that getting a special master to review the materials that the FBI seized is going to help them.

Do they think that the special master will force the FBI to return evidence of a crime to Trump?

Or something?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh: OMFSM - still clinging to the idea that he - the former guy - posseses the presidential records and can claim executive bla bla...

Also too, does not comprehend that "privilege" in a search warrant is in relationship to a personal attorney. It's not the PRA privilege to be heard prior to having non-classified documents released by NARA. Like happened when the DOJ requested access to the material returnnee in July.

:brickwallsmall:

ETA the former guy does not understand that "priviledged" does not include personal papers, even very personal like medical records. :doh:

and :brickwallsmall: no, the special master does not get to decide what presidential papers get returned, it's none! :brickwallsmall:
Luke

Post by Luke »

OMG, this is hilarious! It's "manipulated media", there's a Twitter tag on it, but it sure seemed real for the first few seconds! :lol:

bob

Post by bob »

much ado wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:07 pm Okay. I guess I don't really understand why they think that getting a special master to review the materials that the FBI seized is going to help them.

Do they think that the special master will force the FBI to return evidence of a crime to Trump?

Or something?
It is a bit of a word-salad jumble. It sounds like there's the hope:

1. A special master would rule presidential records actually are his, or at least subject to a claim of executive privilege; and/or
2. Delay delay delay (to rally the troops while grifting).

But, really, want they want is a Very Special Master, who is like an unappealable judge and special counsel prosecutor all rolled into one, who can take this case away from the mean ole, obviously corrupt DOJ.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:42 pm I feel really bad. Many of Mark Levin's Twitter followers are triggered. All I did was point out GG's comment but they don't like it. :(
► Show Spoiler
This is also done to great effect with weapons seizure, grouping all the like firearms, magazines, clips, boxes, etc.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:12 pm OMG, this is hilarious! It's "manipulated media", there's a Twitter tag on it, but it sure seemed real for the first few seconds! :lol:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/15 ... 1106801666
Twitter wrote:Video of Gov. DeSantis on Hannity edited to include 2020 footage, fact-checkers say
A viral video on social media purporting to show Florida Governor Ron DeSantis arguing with TV host Sean Hannity and producer Laura Trump over the recent FBI raid of former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence is digitally altered, according to Reuters and The AP. The edited clip includes DeSantis’ comments from 2020 when he was responding to a question about Florida police executing a felony search warrant at the home of a fired state employee, Rapid Response Director for Ron DeSantis Christina Pushaw said.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

She's really opening herself up to be a material witness. Notice trumps new attorney wasn't on the filing
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

PS not one word why the former guy was inactive for two weeks and did not ask the seized material to be sealed nor why they did not enter a motion to the Reinhart court. :blackeye:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RVInit wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:24 pm https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/ ... 9805523969
Kyle Cheney@kyledcheney
·
Trump attorney indicates he "frequently" has guests in his personal office at Mar-a-Lago — where the FBI just recovered extraordinarily sensitive national security documents.
Acyn@Acyn
Habba: I’m somebody who has been in his office.. I have firsthand knowledge. I have never seen that. That is not the way his office looks.. He has guests frequently there.
Embedded video
4:15 AM · Sep 1, 2022
She does not get it that the layout was not done in the formers guy's office with windows wide open for anyone to see TOP SECRET plastered all over the papers. :brickwallsmall:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:22 pm
SuzieC wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:02 pm So he's more offended by insinuations that he is messy and sloppy than that he is a treasonous traitor.
Ohh…

He thinks paper makes him look important and busy. Most CEOs and C-suite people I've known have neat, clean offices. They're not paid to push paper. They're paid to push ideas, push people to do greater things, and make money. All that "executive time" was in front of a TV watching coverage of himself.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

much ado wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:07 pm Okay. I guess I don't really understand why they think that getting a special master to review the materials that the FBI seized is going to help them.

Or something?
After the FBI executed the search warrant and Trump claimed they took attorney-client materials, the TV lawyers were making fun of the Trump legal team for not filing to get a special master if his claim was true. A couple weeks later, he saw this on the TV and then told his lawyers he wants a special master.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:40 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:22 pm
SuzieC wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:02 pm So he's more offended by insinuations that he is messy and sloppy than that he is a treasonous traitor.
Ohh…

He thinks paper makes him look important and busy. Most CEOs and C-suite people I've known have neat, clean offices. They're not paid to push paper. They're paid to push ideas, push people to do greater things, and make money. All that "executive time" was in front of a TV watching coverage of himself.
I seem to remember that the Oval Office desk was almost always devoid of anything but a phone.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

Post by much ado »

bob wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:17 pm

Or something?
It is a bit of a word-salad jumble. It sounds like there's the hope:

1. A special master would rule presidential records actually are his, or at least subject to a claim of executive privilege; and/or
2. Delay delay delay (to rally the troops while grifting).

But, really, want they want is a Very Special Master, who is like an unappealable judge and special counsel prosecutor all rolled into one, who can take this case away from the mean ole, obviously corrupt DOJ.
So does the special master just make up the rules they themselves are supposed to follow or does the judge who appoints the special master issue instructions for the special master to follow? Would the DOJ be able to appeal instructions that involve spurious claims of executive privilege or ownership?

I suppose that the special master just lists which materials should be returned to Trump, but the materials remain in custody of the FBI until all the issues are settled and agreed to? Is that right?
Luke

Post by Luke »

Rachel Maddow had Brandon on a few weeks ago.

Brandon Van Grack @BVanGrack Co-Chair, National Security practice @MoFoLLP
| fmr. DOJ natsec official incl. #FARA Unit Chief, Leak Czar, prosecutor | #sanctions #CFIUS #cyber | views my own

Brandon Van Grack @BVanGrack 1h
The former President’s reply tonight is sobering. Twenty-four hours ago DOJ described in detail its compelling need to conduct an unprecedented search of a former President’s residence. And those details were left uncontested.
Brandon Van Grack @BVanGrack 1h
Nothing too remarkable. Judge may adopt a special master, but won’t seriously impair the investigation. If she wanted to stop the search, she could have done so last week.

Quote Tweet Susan is Pretty Sick of People Shooting People @OpusInProgress· 1h
Replying to @BVanGrack
What do you think will happen tomorrow?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”