Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Gun Control

neeneko

Re: Gun Control

Post by neeneko »

Yeah, really does not strike me as much of a bunker.. more of a eyesore of a mansion with a survival themed rec room.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neeneko wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:13 am Yeah, really does not strike me as much of a bunker.. more of a eyesore of a mansion with a survival themed rec room.
I understand that the bunker itself is a separate unit buried 40+ feet belw surface.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:32 pm
neeneko wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:13 am Yeah, really does not strike me as much of a bunker.. more of a eyesore of a mansion with a survival themed rec room.
I understand that the bunker itself is a separate unit buried 40+ feet belw surface.
Yeah, reading further it does sound like the bunker part was sectioned off, but really all that makes it is a sectioned off survival themed rec room.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

If you don't have an Elite Dachshund Security detail, can you even really call it a Bunker? :confuzzled:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:43 pm If you don't have an Elite Dachshund Security detail, can you even really call it a Bunker? :confuzzled:
Dachshund > Belgian Malinois and I will stand with Gregg (one must presume) and die (okay, that's not a given for the aforementioned presumption) on that hill.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Don't worry, the "bought and paid for Appeals Judge Department" will take care of that.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

3648AAF2-C3D3-4800-9213-DAE6CB3D07AF.jpeg
3648AAF2-C3D3-4800-9213-DAE6CB3D07AF.jpeg (279.37 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
5A6F369E-B817-42E3-8FEF-7776D40C6670.jpeg
5A6F369E-B817-42E3-8FEF-7776D40C6670.jpeg (218.32 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Do i need to increase my popcorn order!
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

It's funny, almost every article I see about this is about AGMO or Hawley raking the FBI about it, but I don't see anywhere that the FBI has actually stated this audit was going to happen. Anyone got a source?

raison de arizona

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:32 pm It's funny, almost every article I see about this is about AGMO or Hawley raking the FBI about it, but I don't see anywhere that the FBI has actually stated this audit was going to happen. Anyone got a source?
Everything I've seen indicates that they are crying wolf. Example:
Moving forward, after making some contacts, I have been assured our agency will NOT be receiving any such request from Washington, D.C. (this potential audit request does not involve our local FBI agents whom frequently assist us with criminal investigations). But please know, if that is to change, my answer will be an unequivocal NO.
https://www.callawaysheriff.org/message.php?id=23
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Back in the day, when it was legal for an 18 year old to drink beer, the Federal Government decided that if states didn't raise the drinking age to 21 they'd stop getting Federal Highway Funds.

Is there not some way to make these dipshits tweaking their nose at federalism hurt a little bit, I mean, short of trying to resupply Ft Sumter?

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:45 pm Back in the day, when it was legal for an 18 year old to drink beer, the Federal Government decided that if states didn't raise the drinking age to 21 they'd stop getting Federal Highway Funds.

Is there not some way to make these dipshits tweaking their nose at federalism hurt a little bit, I mean, short of trying to resupply Ft Sumter?
I mean, sure, but the second you withhold state law enforcement funds until the state AG and shurfs knuckle down, you're DEFUNDING THE POLICE!

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:57 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:45 pm Back in the day, when it was legal for an 18 year old to drink beer, the Federal Government decided that if states didn't raise the drinking age to 21 they'd stop getting Federal Highway Funds.

I mean, sure, but the second you withhold state law enforcement funds until the state AG and shurfs knuckle down, you're DEFUNDING THE POLICE!
Just for the record, I think it might be high time we move the ~165,000 troops somewhere that is talking about secession in the State Legislature. Then maybe move on to the 10,000 people NASA has there and so on...

They sure whine a bunch about the oppressive Federal Government, fine, let's pull as much of that Federal Government as possible somewhere else.

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:44 pm Just for the record, I think it might be high time we move the ~165,000 troops somewhere that is talking about secession in the State Legislature. Then maybe move on to the 10,000 people NASA has there and so on...

They sure whine a bunch about the oppressive Federal Government, fine, let's pull as much of that Federal Government as possible somewhere else.
I remember from some article earlier this year about the defense omnibus bill that some MO Congresscritter was happy about getting a couple hundred mil to save some of 1500-2000 jobs (can't remember the exact number) just at a big Army-owned, corporate-managed ammo plant. Yeah, that would hurt if another installation was announced elsewhere to take up that function.

But whether it could be made to stick, of course.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

So what’s the deal with this? I read somewhere that a judge said it was unconstitutional but let it stand? Haven’t seen the details.
raison de arizona

Judge calls NY gun laws unconstitutional, but lets them stand … for now

A federal judge allowed New York’s new gun control laws to take effect as scheduled Thursday, but his sharply worded decision made clear he believes they plainly violate the U.S. Constitution.

U.S. District Judge Glenn Suddaby of Syracuse issued a 78-page ruling late Wednesday that could herald an ominous future for the state’s newly enacted laws, including a measure that bans guns in dozens of “sensitive locations” like restaurants, bars, health care facilities, and the Times Square area.

Suddaby tossed the lawsuit from the gun rights organization Gun Owners of America on technical grounds, finding the plaintiffs — which included a Ukrainian immigrant living in Schenectady County — didn’t have legal standing to sue. He also denied their request for a preliminary injunction that would have blocked the gun control laws from taking effect.

But the judge’s ruling also made clear he didn’t think the state’s new law — known as the Concealed Carry Improvement Act, or CCIA — would ultimately pass legal muster, saying key parts of the measure are unconstitutional and go far beyond the June Supreme Court ruling that made it easier to legally obtain a permit to carry a firearm in public.

While pursuing the laudable goal of public safety, and in an attempt to curb ever-increasing mass shootings, the New York state Legislature has generated an unconstitutional statute in the CCIA,” Suddaby wrote.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Apparently that “militia” clause is invisible.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -trackable
Guns bought through credit cards in the US will now be trackable
A new ISO-approved measure will also allow sharing of suspicious purchases with law enforcement

Credit card purchases of firearms in the US can now be tracked and purchases deemed suspicious can even be shared with law enforcement, according to a new measure approved by an organization that sets parameters for business transactions.

The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) voted in favor of creating a merchant code for firearms stores, according to Reuters.

Merchant codes are four-digit codes that categorize retailers across all industries; until now, gun purchases had been classified under “miscellaneous retail stores” or “sporting goods stores.”

Amalgamated Bank, which brands itself as a “socially responsible bank” had requested the codes to the ISO.

On Friday, they celebrated their victory, thanking their partners, including New York governor Kathy Hochul and New York Attorney General Tish James.

Priscilla Sims Brown, President and CEO of the bank, said in a statement that the code will open the path for banks to report suspicious or illegal gun sale activity in a way that will not interfere with legal gun sales.
Moar info about Amalgamated Bank :
► Show Spoiler
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

She "believes in the Biblical right to self defense." I don't remember Jesus teaching that, but :shrug:
Shannon Watts @shannonrwatts wrote: Imagine bragging that you’ll work to prevent solutions to the gun violence killing your constituents.

Gun deaths increased 23% from 2011 to 2020 in Pennsylvania, compared to a 33% nationwide, and gun homicides increased 60%, compared to a 70% increase nationwide. #paleg
Heartland Signal @HeartlandSignal wrote: PA state Rep. Stephanie Borowicz (R) brags that she yelled at Moms Demand Action volunteers and said she wouldn't let them into her office: "I always say 'God and guns got us here, and God and guns will keep us here' ... [Moms Demand] you're not getting anywhere in my office."
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Unfortunately, this was to be expected.
Breaking911 @Breaking911 wrote: BREAKING: U.S. judge says multiple parts of New York's new gun licensing, carrying rules are unconstitutional - AP
Key parts of NY’s new gun law blocked by federal judge in Syracuse
raison de arizona

Gun Control

So riddle me this, why are courtrooms never on these lists of MUST ALLOW? WTF? Asshat judges don't want guns in their courtrooms, but childcare centers are A-OK.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Gun Control

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Is it likely this will be appealed?

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”