Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Shizzle Popped »

92DFB745-4966-4133-A078-F70723DE50E6.jpeg
92DFB745-4966-4133-A078-F70723DE50E6.jpeg (168.63 KiB) Viewed 956 times
Reposting because, holy hell.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Luke »

Soooo while waiting for the dazzling brilliance of the dotard's response, Alex Jones reject lawyer Robert Barnes tells the REAL story. :roll:

Other_Walls @WallsOther

1) According to @barnes_law the whole media story about the Raid is a lie.

2) A federal grand jury issued a subpoena to the records custodian of the organization of the Office of Donald Trump for any records "marked" classified. They did not issue a subpoena to Trump.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:58 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:54 pm https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/3 ... s-00054369
Just six days before the Justice Department subpoenaed to recover highly sensitive documents housed at Mar-a-Lago, one of Former President Donald Trump’s attorneys scoured the estate searching for records in response to a separate legal matter.

The attorney, Alina Habba, told a New York State court that on May 5, she conducted a search of Trump’s private residence and office at Mar-a-Lago that was so “diligent” it included “all desks, drawers, nightstands, dressers, closets, etc.” She was looking for records in response to a subpoena issued by New York Attorney General Letitia James, who is investigating matters related to the Trump Organization.

The same filing also includes an affidavit from Trump himself, indicating that he “authorized Alina Habba to search my private residence and personal office located at The Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida for any and all documents responsive to the Subpoena.” Habba indicated she conducted similar searches at Trump’s residences and office at his Bedminster estate.
Oh.
Bedminster is what I'm waiting for. Or Trump Tower. Or the golf courses. Search them all! :lol: Why would the dotard only have classified docs at Merde-A-Lago? He's at Bedminster now.

Alina Habba MAY be the Orly Taitz of our time.
Keen observers will notice that she did not search Ivana's burial site or casket. I think the DOJ needs to exhume Ivana and see what is stashed inside.

The second tranche of boxes was received in June along with "That's All Folks" from the lawyer and the mysterious custodian. Ivana was buried in July, a couple of weeks before the search in early August. Plenty of time to bury the really juicy stuff.

This explains why the grave is in an undistinguished plot off one of the tees and is obscured by brush.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

FLASH!

Donnie’s lawyers response just been leaked…

“Your honor, we take the 5th!” ;)
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

fail.jpg
fail.jpg (78.27 KiB) Viewed 913 times
Dave from down under wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:10 pm
SuzieC wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:02 pm So he's more offended by insinuations that he is messy and sloppy than that he is a treasonous traitor.
One would have drawn his daddy’s ire..
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Azastan wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:12 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:10 pm

I've only handled a few cases in the military dealing with classified material, and the government was very savvy about dealing with it in a way that the content of the material didn't matter to the outcome of the case, so they never had to put it in evidence, and in fact I never saw it.
But you weren't an ignorant cult member who is sure to demand to see it, because "how do we know it's that bad? COVERUP!"
That, plus I really like my law license, and I’m not willing to put it at risk by making allegations that I couldn’t make in good faith.

I don’t know about federal juries, but no military jury is going to say a document is not classified if a CID/NCIS/AFOSI/CGIS agent said it was. And they’re not going to feel the need to see it. And making the argument that it’s mis-classified is a non-starter.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

Fox News didn’t want in on getting more evidence of Donnie’s crimes.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Wouldn’t surprise me if Trump files late.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RVInit wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:00 pm :eek:

Dear men of the Fogbow,

Open if you dare!
► Show Spoiler
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this one. But then, I'm not a man, so, there's that.
Ouchie! (And I'm a woman ;) )
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

chancery wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:43 pm Wouldn’t surprise me if Trump files late.
This is a responsive pleading, no? Is he required to file at all?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

chancery wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:43 pm Wouldn’t surprise me if Trump files late.
Trump’s lawyers are busy trying to figure out how to correctly file their response.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:51 pm
Trump’s lawyers are busy trying to figure out how to correctly file their response.
Maybe they need to find a phone to fit the modem's cradle.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

This may have been mentioned earlier but just in case:

I read an article a couple weeks back that talked about how Trump saw classified material as a toy to show off to others. He would go so far as showing off documents that contained information on various assets for no reason other than to show off.
101010 :towel:
Dave from down under

northland10 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:55 pm This may have been mentioned earlier but just in case:

I read an article a couple weeks back that talked about how Trump saw classified material as a toy to show off to others. He would go so far as showing off documents that contained information on various assets for no reason other than to show off.
What’s the value of secrets if you cannot tell people you have them?
Dave from down under

Times up!

Did they file?

Or fail? :faint:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

WOO HOO! 19 pages:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
CASE NO. 22-CV-81294-AMC
DONALD J. TRUMP,
Plaintiff,
v.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Defendant

__________________________________/
MOVANT’S REPLY TO UNITED STATES’ RESPONSE TO
MOTION FOR JUDICIAL OVERSIGHT AND ADDITIONAL RELIEF

Respectfully submitted,

/s/ Lindsey Halligan
Lindsey Halligan
Florida Bar No. 109481
511 SE 5th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Email: lindseyhalligan0@gmail.com

/s/ James M. Trusty
James M. Trusty
Ifrah Law PLLC
1717 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. Suite 650
Washington, DC 20006
Telephone: (202)524-4176
Email: jtrusty@ifrahlaw.com
(pro hac vice)

/s/ M. Evan Corcoran
M. Evan Corcoran
SILVERMAN|THOMPSON|SLUTKIN|WHITE, LLC
400 East Pratt Street – Suite 900
Baltimore, MD 21202
Telephone: (410) 385-2225
Email: ecorcoran@silvermanthompson.com
(pro hac vice)

No Bobb, no Habba :(

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 58.0_4.pdf
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

9CEA5D15-7802-4493-B27E-95835E3596D3.jpeg
9CEA5D15-7802-4493-B27E-95835E3596D3.jpeg (256.68 KiB) Viewed 729 times
John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

They just barely made it.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I thought he had a brand new actual powerhouse of a lawyer, can't remember the name. Did he quit already?
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

I skimmed, and maybe I'm a bit biased, but it seems to be a word salad tantrum. And in my layman's understanding the Presidential Records EO that they claim says he can exert privilege, the EO says former President's can exert privileged when it comes to documents that NARA wants to release. And even then, the records are to be reviewed by the FPOTUS, the AG, and the Archivist (or designees) before releasing documents or declaring them privileged.

I don't think it extends to the records he took.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Luke

Post by Luke »

Jez, Andy McCabe just said the same thing on CNN -- that it was "hysterical" and "emotionally drafted" with few legal citations. He was not impressed.
bob

Post by bob »

The response is ... adequate.

1. Corcoran signed it. That may draw some fire.

2. Too much politics/whining in the beginning and end. Unpersuasive at best.

3. Feels rushed. It glosses over the standing issue, or, rather, the standing argument that was actually made, and not the one it imagines was made.

4. Too little time on why they believe executive privilege should apply; too much reliance on the putative claim of executive privilege hasn't been exhausted yet.

5. The negotiations/proposals over the special master are the best part, and, ultimately, the meat of what's going to happen.

Bottom line: Probably enough meat for this judge to agree a special master is warranted.
Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

Meanwhile...
CRIME
Former Top Trump Aides: Probably ‘More Highly Classified Documents at Bedminster’ or His Kids’ Homes
Published on August 31, 2022 at 05:41 PM ETBy David Badash

Many Americans watching the national security crisis of Donald Trump‘s alleged unlawful possession, retention, and refusal to return documents likely containing some of the country’s top, most-closely guarded secrets have been wondering if the Dept. of Justice has been able to acquire all the documents taken from the White House, and if Trump was able to make any copies of those documents.

Two former top aides to the former president suggest there may be cause for concern on that front. “I have been saying this since the @FBI raid,” former Trump longtime personal attorney Michael Cohen said via Twitter Wednesday. “I believe #Trump has copies, potentially other documents as well, at other locations including his children’s homes, Weisselberg’s florida home, Bedminster, NJ golf course, Fifth Avenue apartment, etc…”

Weisselberg is Allen Weisselberg, the former CFO of the Trump Organization who began working for the Trump family in 1970. Earlier this month he pleaded guilty to 15 criminal felony charges. Former Trump National Security Adviser John Bolton, who first began working for the federal government in 1972, also says there may be more documents hidden in places other than Mar-a-Lago. “Well given that it’s Donald Trump we’re talking about,” Bolton told Sky News (video below), “I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more highly classified documents at Bedminster or some some other residence of his.”
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... ids-homes/

Moar Search Warrants?
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:21 pm Meanwhile...
CRIME
Former Top Trump Aides: Probably ‘More Highly Classified Documents at Bedminster’ or His Kids’ Homes
Published on August 31, 2022 at 05:41 PM ETBy David Badash

Many Americans watching the national security crisis of Donald Trump‘s alleged unlawful possession, retention, and refusal to return documents likely containing some of the country’s top, most-closely guarded secrets have been wondering if the Dept. of Justice has been able to acquire all the documents taken from the White House, and if Trump was able to make any copies of those documents.

Two former top aides to the former president suggest there may be cause for concern on that front. “I have been saying this since the @FBI raid,” former Trump longtime personal attorney Michael Cohen said via Twitter Wednesday. “I believe #Trump has copies, potentially other documents as well, at other locations including his children’s homes, Weisselberg’s florida home, Bedminster, NJ golf course, Fifth Avenue apartment, etc…”

Weisselberg is Allen Weisselberg, the former CFO of the Trump Organization who began working for the Trump family in 1970. Earlier this month he pleaded guilty to 15 criminal felony charges. Former Trump National Security Adviser John Bolton, who first began working for the federal government in 1972, also says there may be more documents hidden in places other than Mar-a-Lago. “Well given that it’s Donald Trump we’re talking about,” Bolton told Sky News (video below), “I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more highly classified documents at Bedminster or some some other residence of his.”
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... ids-homes/

Moar Search Warrants?
“I wouldn’t be surprised if…” is not probable cause, unfortunateky.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”