Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Luke »

:rotflmao: Jem, you're awesome! :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:49 pm 2 times in one week Karl Rove is making sense. Starting to think Fox is shifting towards knowing he's going to be indicted
Shirley, Fox execs are struggling with this. They have to know the ship is sinking. They bailed water for six years, but it's just not working anymore. At some point they have to man the lifeboats.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:waiting:

5PM eastern is 2PM Pacific. Don't tell me they're late, or am falling prey to :oldlady: syndrome?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:01 pm :waiting:

5PM eastern is 2PM Pacific. Don't tell me they're late, or am falling prey to :oldlady: syndrome?
I thought it was 8 Eastern, or maybe I’m the :oldlady:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:09 pm

Good, then I can get home in time. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Shirley, Fox execs are struggling with this. They have to know the ship is sinking. They bailed water for six years, but it's just not working anymore. At some point they have to man the lifeboats.
There's that, and the realization is sinking in that Trump's actions may have severely compromised intelligence assets around the world and damaged our relationships with allies and our national safety. Do Republicans really want to go to the mat defending compromising our national security?

Maybenaut, I don't know whether you are currently a military attorney but I know that you have a military background. What do your military contacts think about all this?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I don't know how we can possibly assess the damage to our nation's security adequately without waterboarding the mtherf**ker.

No, wait ... we're too nice to do that anymore. :smoking:
Katie Porter '28
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:15 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:09 pm

Good, then I can get home in time. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:
I’ve been wondering if they were going to make the 8pm ET deadline, or at 7:45pm file an emergency petition for moar time.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
bob

Post by bob »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:29 pmI’ve been wondering if they were going to make the 8pm ET deadline, or at 7:45pm file an emergency petition for moar time.
A Klayman Special. :towel:

Him: "EMMMMMMMMMMMERGENCY RELIEF!!!"

Judge: "OK; see you Thursday."

Him, on Wednesday: "Nevermind?"
Image ImageImage
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

My son works for a defense contractor. He works on missile defense systems for Navy ships. He has a security clearance. He told me today that he is pissed off by Trump's hoarding of top secret documents because there are rumors (inside the defense community I assume) that the documents mostly concern the identities of clandestine American agents operating abroad.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

So he's more offended by insinuations that he is messy and sloppy than that he is a treasonous traitor.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

SuzieC wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:02 pm So he's more offended by insinuations that he is messy and sloppy than that he is a treasonous traitor.
One would have drawn his daddy’s ire..
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

SuzieC wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:20 pm
There's that, and the realization is sinking in that Trump's actions may have severely compromised intelligence assets around the world and damaged our relationships with allies and our national safety. Do Republicans really want to go to the mat defending compromising our national security?

Maybenaut, I don't know whether you are currently a military attorney but I know that you have a military background. What do your military contacts think about all this?
I still practice military law, but I'm no longer on active duty (and haven't been for quite some time). I don't have anything to add to the discussion other than to say that I think it's as bad, or potentially as bad, as everyone is saying. I mean, shit's classified for a reason, even if you don't like the reason (looking at you, Manning, Winner, Snowden, and Ellsberg).

And they put special handling instructions on it (secure compartmented information, no foreign dissemination, etc.) on for a reason. Just how serious the threat is, or potentially would be, to the national security depends on what the information is. Of course, we'll probably never know that because it's classified.

I've only handled a few cases in the military dealing with classified material, and the government was very savvy about dealing with it in a way that the content of the material didn't matter to the outcome of the case, so they never had to put it in evidence, and in fact I never saw it.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:10 pm

I've only handled a few cases in the military dealing with classified material, and the government was very savvy about dealing with it in a way that the content of the material didn't matter to the outcome of the case, so they never had to put it in evidence, and in fact I never saw it.
But you weren't an ignorant cult member who is sure to demand to see it, because "how do we know it's that bad? COVERUP!"
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

1 hr 45 min to see how, if at all, Donnie’s lawyers respond.
:whistle:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey don't miss the nail-biter of a Flash Poll: How Many Errors Will There Be In Tonight's 8/31/22 Trump Filing? Or PERFECT? :P

viewtopic.php?t=1621
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

No one thinks that’s how the FBI found it. It’s staged for a documenting photo. He’s thinking up weaker and more pitiful distractions from his crimes.
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:19 pm No one thinks that’s how the FBI found it. It’s staged for a documenting photo. He’s thinking up weaker and more pitiful distractions from his crimes.
There are many people (on the bird site especially) who are calling the photograph "staged." Like seriously, earnestly, and unironically.

No doubt it is: It is intended to be a record of items discovered in a particular area; most people don't have evidence markers and L-rulers laying about. Duh.

There most shirley also are photographs of exactly how the crime scene was first encountered.

I git that most people's "experience" with crime scenes is limited to "Law & Order" (and :torches: again, Dick Wolf!) but these kinds of petty and off-base complaints are the meager attempt to defend what should be indefensible.
Image ImageImage
Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

SuzieC wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:02 pm So he's more offended by insinuations that he is messy and sloppy than that he is a treasonous traitor.

Ohh…

Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:19 pm No one thinks that’s how the FBI found it. It’s staged for a documenting photo. He’s thinking up weaker and more pitiful distractions from his crimes.
And when cops do a drug bust all the cash & contraband is neatly laid out at the perp’s house.

boogiebach

Post by boogiebach »

SuzieC wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:20 pm

The horrifying part of all of this (well, one of many) ... I live in the super conservative and really rural southwest corner of Minnesota. I know many people (well, not "many" we are rural after all) who stopped watching Fox after the 2020 election. Folks around here think Fox went soft two years ago and many of them don't watch it so Fox turning on Trump won't have the impact that many never-Trumpers hope it will. They're down the qanon trail, following Mike Lindell and positive that Trump should be president. The number of flags I see when driving around that say things like "Biden for prison" or "Trump won" or "Trump greatest president ever" is both astonishing and awful. Even my next door neighbor thinks the FBI had no business going into Trump's home and believes that the "deep state" exists and that democrats are going to destroy America.
Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:16 pm 1 hr 45 min to see how, if at all, Donnie’s lawyers respond.
:whistle:
I can’t help but think TeamTrump was overwhelmed last night, I don’t think they expected what they got.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”