Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:21 pm https://twitter.com/DavidEdwards/status ... 0430203907
Trump attorney Alina Habba is upset that the DOJ and FBI are looking into "mundane" crimes like "espionage" at Mar-a-Lago.

"They found these three mundane statutes: espionage and the two others."
Mundane? Did she expect something exotic like High Treason ?

Wasn't Al Capone (or another crime family of New York Chicago) caught over a parking violation ticket?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Slim Cognito »

They got Capone on unpaid taxes, but, yeah, whatever it takes.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:eek:

Dear men of the Fogbow,

Open if you dare!
► Show Spoiler
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this one. But then, I'm not a man, so, there's that.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

RVInit wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:00 pm :eek:

Dear men of the Fogbow,

Open if you dare!
► Show Spoiler
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this one. But then, I'm not a man, so, there's that.
I laughed too! Now if any of our dudes are offended, may I suggest a meme for:
card6.jpg
card6.jpg (38.52 KiB) Viewed 889 times
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Naturally I can't find it now, but isn't Trump's legal team supposed to file something - a response? - by 8pm ET tonight?
much ado

Post by much ado »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:15 pm Naturally I can't find it now, but isn't Trump's legal team supposed to file something - a response? - by 8pm ET tonight?
I wonder if they are spending some time yelling at each other?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Yes, reply due from Trump tonight at 8:00 Eastern. :thumbsup:
Katie Porter '28
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

much ado wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:17 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:15 pm Naturally I can't find it now, but isn't Trump's legal team supposed to file something - a response? - by 8pm ET tonight?
:rotflmao: I so want to be a fly on the wall today. I hope I don't die of old age before the movie of Trump's last months before arrest :pray:

I bet he's throwing ALL the hamburgers against the wall today. Probably calling every lawyer and person who encouraged him to keep all those classified documents and yelling at them about how it's "all your fault, I wanted to send them back!"

I wonder if anyone is trying to race to the DOJ or FBI before the other ones beat them. I'm sure one or two are.

Has Meadows said anything to any outlet in the past few months? I'm pretty sure he's talked to investigators about Jan 6 and probably thanking his lucky stars that he's no longer in TFG's inner circle.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

RVInit wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:28 pm
:rotflmao: I so want to be a fly on the wall today. I hope I don't die of old age before the movie of Trump's last months before arrest :pray:

I bet he's throwing ALL the hamburgers against the wall today. Probably calling every lawyer and person who encouraged him to keep all those classified documents and yelling at them about how it's "all your fault, I wanted to send them back!"

I wonder if anyone is trying to race to the DOJ or FBI before the other ones beat them. I'm sure one or two are.

Has Meadows said anything to any outlet in the past few months? I'm pretty sure he's talked to investigators about Jan 6 and probably thanking his lucky stars that he's no longer in TFG's inner circle.
Meadows has all but disappeared. Nothing on his twitter account for a while either.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Certainly “mundane” compared to what’s-the-maximum-fee-for-a-lost-parking-ticket law
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:33 pm

Meadows has all but disappeared. Nothing on his twitter account for a while either.
That was Fitton of Judicial Watch, was it not?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:48 pm That was Fitton of Judicial Watch, was it not?
Well he was certainly getting the blame a few weeks ago, before we moved on to Story F.
Hic sunt dracones
Jim

Post by Jim »

It will be interesting to see if Kise can pull this all back together for Trump and get them back on the offensive...but after Kise goes through all the screw-ups that got Trump to this point, I think his response to the judge will be...

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:33 pm
much ado wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:17 pm I wonder if they are spending some time yelling at each other?

Comey hasn’t posted in months either. Where’s his defense of the honor of the FBI? You’d think he’d be all over that.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Comey has been off-grid since his last "Biden should pardon TFG" editorial.

:bored:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:54 pm https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/3 ... s-00054369
Just six days before the Justice Department subpoenaed to recover highly sensitive documents housed at Mar-a-Lago, one of Former President Donald Trump’s attorneys scoured the estate searching for records in response to a separate legal matter.

The attorney, Alina Habba, told a New York State court that on May 5, she conducted a search of Trump’s private residence and office at Mar-a-Lago that was so “diligent” it included “all desks, drawers, nightstands, dressers, closets, etc.” She was looking for records in response to a subpoena issued by New York Attorney General Letitia James, who is investigating matters related to the Trump Organization.

The same filing also includes an affidavit from Trump himself, indicating that he “authorized Alina Habba to search my private residence and personal office located at The Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida for any and all documents responsive to the Subpoena.” Habba indicated she conducted similar searches at Trump’s residences and office at his Bedminster estate.
Oh.
Bedminster is what I'm waiting for. Or Trump Tower. Or the golf courses. Search them all! :lol: Why would the dotard only have classified docs at Merde-A-Lago? He's at Bedminster now.

Alina Habba MAY be the Orly Taitz of our time.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

And yes, by 8pm tonight. Here's the docket: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64 ... ed-states/. Here's what's on the docket.

Looks like they took Bob's advice and fixed the deadline issue. On behalf of America, thanks, Bob! :dance:

49-52.JPG
49-52.JPG (233.57 KiB) Viewed 782 times

53-57.JPG
53-57.JPG (169.12 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I'm wondering if Bobb and Corcoram are drafting motions to withdraw as Trump's legal council.

Seriously. Are they planning to show up tomorrow?

Aren't their bar licenses in enough jeapordy already?
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

The photo that The Guardian uses to head their story is sort of amusing, sort of meta.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... st-updates
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump's lawyers need to get in line for the underbus.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:19 pm
I'm wondering if Bobb and Corcoram are drafting motions to withdraw as Trump's legal council.

Seriously. Are they planning to show up tomorrow?

Aren't their bar licenses in enough jeapordy already?

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

2 times in one week Karl Rove is making sense. Starting to think Fox is shifting towards knowing he's going to be indicted
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:58 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:54 pm https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/3 ... s-00054369
Just six days before the Justice Department subpoenaed to recover highly sensitive documents housed at Mar-a-Lago, one of Former President Donald Trump’s attorneys scoured the estate searching for records in response to a separate legal matter.

The attorney, Alina Habba, told a New York State court that on May 5, she conducted a search of Trump’s private residence and office at Mar-a-Lago that was so “diligent” it included “all desks, drawers, nightstands, dressers, closets, etc.” She was looking for records in response to a subpoena issued by New York Attorney General Letitia James, who is investigating matters related to the Trump Organization.

The same filing also includes an affidavit from Trump himself, indicating that he “authorized Alina Habba to search my private residence and personal office located at The Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida for any and all documents responsive to the Subpoena.” Habba indicated she conducted similar searches at Trump’s residences and office at his Bedminster estate.
Oh.
Bedminster is what I'm waiting for. Or Trump Tower. Or the golf courses. Search them all! :lol: Why would the dotard only have classified docs at Merde-A-Lago? He's at Bedminster now.

Alina Habba MAY be the Orly Taitz of our time.
Then you’ll have your new name! Habbalicious! :dance: :dance:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:49 pm 2 times in one week Karl Rove is making sense. Starting to think Fox is shifting towards knowing he's going to be indicted
:faint:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”