Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RVInit

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:48 am To the best of my knowledge, maybe.
:rotflmao:

It seems like either she "knows" from personally checking, in which case she lied and becomes a defendant. Or, she "knows" because "somebody told me", in which case she becomes a witness, i.e. she's going to have to answer the question as to "who told you". They are looking at obstruction and the question of who is* doing the obstruction is pretty relevant.

* who am I kidding, the proper word here is not "is" but "are"
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:44 am https:// twitter.com/petestrzok/status/1564945438171602944
This morning, get your Mar-a-Lago search news from your preferred source.

Then watch each of these four short videos (there are many more – this is a small sample).

Trump knew mishandling classified was illegal and would land you in jail. He said so specifically and repeatedly.
:like: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:28 am
IMPORTANT NOTE:
*Fn 1 in DOJ brief says that it is fine with court unsealing the new detailed inventory of search evidence and giving it to Trump.
*So expect even MORE proof of what was found, i.e. evidence against Trump.
*What a colossal misstep this Trump motion was.
Weissman is on a roll over at his twitter feed, worth a stop. I do hope Nicolle Wallace has him on today along with the rest of the panel she had on Friday. :daydreaming:
I took Footnote 1 as a “Don’t push us Aileen. We know you were appointed after the election & owe your existence to TFG, but if you & ShitGibbon wanna push we’re ready with more. But ya might not like what ya see.”
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The government’s brief is devastating.

The legal arguments are compelling, but what is most striking are the facts outlining how the former president and his team knowingly put our national security at risk.

Here’s what stands out to me:

(1/7)
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:08 am
Is tfg’s argument here that it’s the DOJ’s fault the photos were released when they were released because the judge his legal team improperly filed this dreck in front of ordered it? :crazy: :crazy:

If tfg and his “legal” team didn’t keep shooting them selves in the foot, these photos wouldn’t have been released until trial. :pray: :pray: for a trial
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:21 am It's not like he can actually use it, right? As soon as he shows up in another country, won't it light up? Unless he's heading to Russia, as if Putin wants him.
Yeah. IIRC, Snowden went to Russia via a third country and got jammed there for a bit because he didn't have a valid passport.
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Now my question is when is the FBI going to get a search warrant for all of Donald Trump's other properties? I'm sure if they searched Trump Tower and Bedminster they will find even more stuff he wasn't supposed to have.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

The FBI did not "haphazardly" scatter papers over the floor. They were nicely placed to document a crime scene. And the photo was redacted to hide secret tidbits, and then was carefully vetted by several pairs of eyes to prevent an accidential leak.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:31 am https:// twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1564968888101511172
Adam Schiff@RepAdamSchiff

The government’s brief is devastating.

The legal arguments are compelling, but what is most striking are the facts outlining how the former president and his team knowingly put our national security at risk.

Here’s what stands out to me:

(1/7)
3:30 PM · Aug 31, 2022
Had a smile to see that Adam Schiff picked several quotes i posted further up ;)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol:

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That Kristi Noem clip from Fox and Friends deserves a second showing (it's posted above).

Doocy asks a 45 SECOND QUESTION while Noem has a deer-in-the-headlights look of "How did I end up on MSNBC"?

Oh please, oh please tell us the dotard was watching F&F today!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bill_g wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:14 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:08 am
HA! Called it!
Yup
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:43 am https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status ... 9388734465
https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status ... 6701475845
House Judiciary GOP@JudiciaryGOP
·
The Biden DOJ:

-Knew the documents were missing for 18 months. Did nothing.

-Finally recovered some documents. Dumped them on the floor for a photo op.

-Took the TIME Magazine covers as a souvenir. Media cheers.
3:42 PM · Aug 31, 2022
NARA knew documents were missing, not the DOJ! NARA requested the documents shortly after former impotus had moved out of the WH.

Recovered "some documents"? It was double that the FBI originally got handed over initially, with affidavit they had all classified stuff!

Took Time Magazine covers, yes, cause the former guy choose to store secrets within the same box! Check search warrant.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Steve Doocy has been pushing back a lot lately. Who had him on their Bingo card?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

As I mentioned upthread, it it appears that Trump's lawyer Lindsey Halligan's representation of Trump has cost her her law firm partnership.

Yesterday we learned that Trump had added an experienced lawyer to his team, Chris Kise, a former Florida Solicitor General and a partner at biglaw firm Foley & Lardner.

Until today:

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2022/08/ ... ourt-case/
According to NBC News, the new lawyer, Chris Kise, worked for the law firm Foley & Lardner right up until NBC News reported that Kise had taken the job representing Trump. NBC News reports that the bio for Kise then suddenly disappeared from Foley & Lardner’s website. (We can go a step further than that: the law firm also scrubbed past articles it had published on its website that profiled Kise. See a Google cache of a 2008 article at Foley.com announcing Kise was returning to Foley & Lardner after serving in the administration of then Florida Governor Charlie Crist. Another Google cache from the Foley.com website in 2018 is an announcement that Kise would be serving as counselor to then Florida Governor-Elect Ron DeSantis’ transition team. DeSantis has his eyes on the White House in 2024 and is thoroughly enmeshed in the radical right agenda.)
ETTD :popcorn:
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:28 am Weissman is on a roll over at his twitter feed, worth a stop.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:51 am
bob wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:43 am https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status ... 9388734465
https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status ... 6701475845
House Judiciary GOP@JudiciaryGOP
·
The Biden DOJ:

-Knew the documents were missing for 18 months. Did nothing.

-Finally recovered some documents. Dumped them on the floor for a photo op.

-Took the TIME Magazine covers as a souvenir. Media cheers.
3:42 PM · Aug 31, 2022
NARA knew documents were missing, not the DOJ! NARA requested the documents shortly after former impotus had moved out of the WH.

Recovered "some documents"? It was double that the FBI originally got handed over initially, with affidavit they had all classified stuff!

Took Time Magazine covers, yes, cause the former guy choose to store secrets within the same box! Check search warrant.
Didn’t John Solomon (Russian stooge) release a letter where tfg guy was begging NARA not to refer the matter to the DOJ? Stepping on their dicks again! :doh: :doh:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

chancery wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:55 am As I mentioned upthread, it it appears that Trump's lawyer Lindsey Halligan's representation of Trump has cost her her law firm partnership.

Yesterday we learned that Trump had added an experienced lawyer to his team, Chris Kise, a former Florida Solicitor General and a partner at biglaw firm Foley & Lardner.

Until today:

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2022/08/ ... ourt-case/
According to NBC News, the new lawyer, Chris Kise, worked for the law firm Foley & Lardner right up until NBC News reported that Kise had taken the job representing Trump. NBC News reports that the bio for Kise then suddenly disappeared from Foley & Lardner’s website. (We can go a step further than that: the law firm also scrubbed past articles it had published on its website that profiled Kise. See a Google cache of a 2008 article at Foley.com announcing Kise was returning to Foley & Lardner after serving in the administration of then Florida Governor Charlie Crist. Another Google cache from the Foley.com website in 2018 is an announcement that Kise would be serving as counselor to then Florida Governor-Elect Ron DeSantis’ transition team. DeSantis has his eyes on the White House in 2024 and is thoroughly enmeshed in the radical right agenda.)
ETTD :popcorn:
Thanks for posting that, worth a read.
:snippity: One reason that Foley & Lardner may have been so quick to take a magic eraser to any history of Kise at their law firm is that one of its other former lawyers, Cleta Mitchell, has scandalized the law firm in her dealings with Trump. Mitchell also has a long history of uncomfortable ties with radical right front groups; with Ginni Thomas, the wife of sitting Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas; and – wait for it – the Charles Koch network known as the “Kochtopus” that stuffed so many of its lawyers and operatives into key slots in the Trump administration. :snippity:
bob

Post by bob »

I know nothing about how firms (especially white shoe ones) operate. And I get they are successful because they cultivate an alpha gunner culture.

By for the life of me I can't understand how so many highly successful people, who know taking on a new client is a Big Deal, sought forgiveness rather than permission from their own firms, literally* the hands that feed them.

* Mostly; I presume they can feed themselves.
Image ImageImage
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

DOJ wrote:The individual present as the custodian of records produced and provided a signed certification letter, which stated in part the following: Based upon the information that has been provided to me, I am authorized to certify, on behalf of the Office of Donald J. Trump, the following: a. A diligent search was conducted of the boxes that were moved from the White House to Florida; b. This search was conducted after receipt of the subpoena, in order to locate any and all documents that are responsive to the subpoena; c. Any and all responsive documents accompany this certification; and d. No copy, written notation, or reproduction of any kind was retained as to any responsive document. I swear or affirm that the above statements are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
See Attachment E.4
NOTE:

This individual did not make sure himself that the delivery was complete! Who was the person at the Office of Donald J. Trump? Seems to me to very weak when he is the Custodian of Records for the presidential library.

:think: :think: :think: :cantlook:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:21 am It's not like he can actually use it, right? As soon as he shows up in another country, won't it light up? Unless he's heading to Russia, as if Putin wants him.
I heard that the point of the passports was that they were located in the same drawer as the top secret docs, thereby showing that this was a private drawer used by TFG--a drawer that he used for his personal things, thereby going to show that the TS docs were in his personal space (eliminating the likelihood that someone else put them there and he didn't know about it).
bob

Post by bob »

Exactly: It anticipates a blame-the-covfefe-boy defense.

Ditto with the Time covers. But passports in his desk is even stronger evidence of personnal knowledge and possession.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, a little question for all these right-wing morons claiming that the photo is a setup, staged, improper, etc.

Umm ... you do understand that the photo was only released because Trump lawyers filed a second case before a Trump-appointed judge, and the Trump-appointed judge ordered the government to file a brief, right?

If'n Trump had just shut his mouth for once, it wouldn't have come out until the trial.
Katie Porter '28

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”