Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
p0rtia

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by p0rtia »

much ado wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:46 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:38 pm
Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:14 pm I
WHY does the DOJ need forty pages, then? Surely she has some basic knowledge of the plaintiff's arguments and what the basic facts are, since she said she's already knowledgeable enough that she is inclined to appoint a special master.
I think they need forty pages because they’re going to list each document with an explanation about whether it is classified or privileged or whatever.
Yeah, I agree. Their goal is to make it as clear as possible to the public just how bad Trump's actions were while avoiding making publc any information that would damage our national security interests.
Glad to have you all weigh in on this. It's not what the MSNBC pundits are saying, at all (they're focused on the couple of sentences I posted above, and will post again). It seems pretty straightforward, and the words "and the Court's Aug 27 order" leap out at me. As does the word "factual." This para is a warning shot by any literary standard.
Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 9.01.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 9.01.22 PM.png (67.55 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by RTH10260 »

"factual" like in 45th's lawyer swore there are no secret document any longer at MaL, but ... :blackeye:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:28 pm This para is a warning shot by any literary standard.
Bingo. And unless I am very badly misreading the order, it should be public (but maybe the judge will order it sealed after all). It looks like they filed documents 3(b)(i) and 3(b)(ii) under seal, as ordered, but we haven't seen document 3(a) yet.

:smoking:
Katie Porter '28
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Narcistic collapse in real time
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Easy to Be Hard
Three Dog Night
How can people be so heartless?
How can people be so cruel?
Easy to be hard
Easy to be cold
How can people have no feeling?
How can they ignore their friends?
Easy to be proud
Easy to say no
Especially people who care about strangers
Who care about evil and social injustice
Do you only care about the bleeding crowd?
How about a needed friend?
I need a friend
You know I'm hung up on you
Easy to be proud
Easy to say no
Especially people who care about strangers
Who care about evil and social injustice
Do you only care about the bleeding crowd?
How about a needed friend?
We all need a friend
How can people be so cruel?
Easy to be proud
Easy to say no
Easy to be cold
Easy to say no
Come on, easy to give in
Easy to say no
Easy to be cold
Easy to say no
Much too easy to say no
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Three Dog Night? I thought it was from the musical "Hair"

Pretty song, though, whatever the origin...
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Yes, Kriselda. A pretty song, too nice to waste on the likes of the OSG, but I thought it expressed his sadness about the fact that no one likes him. :crying: :crying:
bob

Post by bob »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:21 pm Three Dog Night? I thought it was from the musical "Hair"
It is from "Hair":
Image ImageImage
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:37 pm
Bingo. And unless I am very badly misreading the order, it should be public (but maybe the judge will order it sealed after all). It looks like they filed documents 3(b)(i) and 3(b)(ii) under seal, as ordered, but we haven't seen document 3(a) yet.

:smoking:
3(a), the government response to the original Motion and Supplement (dkt #1), is what we are all waiting anxiously for, right? Because it's due 8/30/22?

But what about this entry?
32 -- Aug 29, 2022 -- SUMMONS (Affidavit) Returned Executed by Donald J. Trump. United States Of America served on 8/29/2022, response/answer due 10/28/2022. (Halligan, Lindsey) (Entered: 08/29/2022) :confuzzled:
bob

Post by bob »

32 -- Aug 29, 2022 -- SUMMONS (Affidavit) Returned Executed by Donald J. Trump. United States Of America served on 8/29/2022, response/answer due 10/28/2022. (Halligan, Lindsey) (Entered: 08/29/2022)
Boilerplate, likely automatically generated.

The government has 60 days to respond to any summons. In this case, ieffectively already has done so.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Isn’t that from Trumps lawyers?

Today’s response is to the Judge’s order.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:41 pm Yes, Kriselda. A pretty song, too nice to waste on the likes of the OSG, but I thought it expressed his sadness about the fact that no one likes him. :crying: :crying:
And it also describes him as well - it's so easy for him to be cruel.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:21 pm Three Dog Night? I thought it was from the musical "Hair"

Definitely Hair, but I can't recall if Three Dog Night did it as well. I think maybe yes, but I'm eating dinner and too lazy to look). That said, send this to Randy Rainbow for his idea pile. Goodness, what fun he could have with this.

Meanwhile, we're all still :waiting:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

(They did. I was just a kid, too young to know much about the musical, but I was a big Three Dog Night fan.)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

I remember TDN's version well.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:22 pm

Definitely Hair, but I can't recall if Three Dog Night did it as well. I think maybe yes, but I'm eating dinner and too lazy to look). That said, send this to Randy Rainbow for his idea pile. Goodness, what fun he could have with this.

Meanwhile, we're all still :waiting:

yes, Three Dog Night recorded this as well. :lol: Should have read further down, I was ninja'd.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Off Topic
I was in a construction meeting the other day and it was mentioned that we had to wait a week for the architect to get back from Spain. The Contractor superintendent,a bit of a smart ass piped up. "I've never been to Spain. " I glared at him.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

When is the DoJ filing due? Midnight local time?
bob

Post by bob »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:06 pm Isn’t that from Trumps lawyers?
No; everyone's just acknowledging service is no longer an issue in this case.

But it does highlight a problem with the case: It says a response is due, but a response to what, exactly? He threw papers at the court. In a different case (or before a different judge), there would have been a "LOL; better luck next time."

It remains unclear what is the nature of this proceeding. To be most charitable, it appears to be an intent to file a Rule 41 petition.

Reality Check wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:36 pm When is the DoJ filing due? Midnight local time?
Yes. Absent a more specific deadline, 11:59:59 EDT is the deadline. :waiting:
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

According to google it is only 9:18 pm

2 hours and 41 minutes to go :whistle:
June bug

Post by June bug »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:42 pm:waiting:
You and me both, kiddo!
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Well there’s a new amicus brief, says Trump is full ‘o shit.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 41.1_2.pdf
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

June bug wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:43 pm
p0rtia wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:42 pm:waiting:
You and me both, kiddo!
Me three. I'm afraid to go to sleep and miss it all :bag:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”