Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Ben-Prime »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:07 pm
Unless it's Roger Stone. Or Kash Patel or something.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Ben-Prime »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:24 am
chancery wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:48 am Sorry to be a wet blanket, but the 40 page brief will likely be reserved, measured, focused, and respectful towards Trump, his lawyers, and the judge. In other words, not as much fun to read as we would like.
That's ok, as long as it rips his legal claims to shreds.
Indeed, legal shade is sometimes the best kind.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Brief is due today, right? :bored:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Regarding the upcoming DOJ 40 page filing, Neal Katyal. ex Solicitor Gen., said it would be public. Moreover, that it would be more of the DOJ speaking through their filings, so TFG should duck.

Not the detailed list, obiously. I don't think anyone expects to see that.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I dunno, but I blame Trump for filing a second case about the same raid search. It's confuzzling, trying to follow two cases in two different courts regarding one little search warrant. He's messing with Fogbow now!
Katie Porter '28
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That's true, Foggy, many people are saying the dotard did it just to mess around with YOU personally and piss off The Fogbow. He's been holding a grudge personally since the birther days when you personally got President Obama to humiliate him at the White House Correspondents Dinner. Apparently your pal Amy Kremer had a hand in this, too also, you need to call her and tell her knock it off.

Original Magistrate Judge Bruce E. Reinhart's case: United States v. Sealed Search Warrant (9:22-mj-08332) District Court, S.D. Florida
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64 ... h-warrant/

Trumper Judge Aileen M. Cannon's case: Trump v. United States (9:22-cv-81294) District Court, S.D. Florida (where USA's public response is due today)
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64 ... ed-states/

:lol: Suzie, excited to see it too but this Trumper judge issued the order on Saturday, Aug 27, 2022 and wants it in by today. Doesn't specify a time and DOJ likes filing at 11:59:59. Notable that this rush is after it was the dotard who waited 2 weeks after the search warrant was executed.

What will be funny is "Plaintiff shall file a Reply to Defendant’s Response on or before August 31, 2022, at 8:00 p.m." The crack dotard dream team gets one day. The later the government files tonight, the less time the dotard will have to work on their Reply since they have the 8pm deadling. Of course, knowing them, their team might say, "Is that 8pm Hawaii time?" after hiring Mike Dunford tonight. :P

And then a Court hearing on Sept 1!

PB.JPG
PB.JPG (114.6 KiB) Viewed 847 times

PB 2.JPG
PB 2.JPG (90.8 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:14 pm I
WHY does the DOJ need forty pages, then? Surely she has some basic knowledge of the plaintiff's arguments and what the basic facts are, since she said she's already knowledgeable enough that she is inclined to appoint a special master.
I think they need forty pages because they’re going to list each document with an explanation about whether it is classified or privileged or whatever.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
much ado

Post by much ado »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:38 pm
WHY does the DOJ need forty pages, then? Surely she has some basic knowledge of the plaintiff's arguments and what the basic facts are, since she said she's already knowledgeable enough that she is inclined to appoint a special master.
I think they need forty pages because they’re going to list each document with an explanation about whether it is classified or privileged or whatever.
Yeah, I agree. Their goal is to make it as clear as possible to the public just how bad Trump's actions were while avoiding making publc any information that would damage our national security interests.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:38 pm
I wonder it it will say something like "top secret document XYZ, 36 of 43 pages recovered."
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:38 pm I think they need forty pages because they’re going to list each document with an explanation about whether it is classified or privileged or whatever.
But isn't that covered by item 3(b)(i) of the order, the "detailed receipt of all materials seized"? That one will be under seal.

I'm talking about item 3(a). Publicly file a response to the Motion blah blah blah. That's what will be 40 pages.

Item 3(b)(i) is a separate document, yesno?
Katie Porter '28
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I actually don't think they can make public a list of everything they seized after the judge told them to file that under seal. I'm missing something (a few marbles, yeah yeah). :confuzzled:
Katie Porter '28
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This is getting complicated at times. :faint:

If I have it correctly, what's due today is the DOJ's response to the request for a Special Master, and I think that's going to be public, but who knows for sure? :shrug:

Under seal is the more precise list of items taken during the search of MaL. I don't know if that's due today or later, but I'm pretty sure the hearing to settle it is Thursday. None of the talking legal peeps I've seen on the TV the last few days can figure out why this judge stepped into the middle of it since it's not her jurisdiction and all.
much ado

Post by much ado »

I'm pretty sure they are not going to use their forty pages to explain why this is bad for Biden.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Interesting observation: none of his previous coworkers, no cabinet members have appeared in the press :think:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Trump has found a capable lawyer.

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, actually, the judge ordered four documents:

ItemPartyDocumentDue byUnder seal?
3(a)United StatesResponse to Motion & SupplementAugust 30No
3(b)(i)United Statesdetailed receipt of seized materialsAugust 30Yes
3(b)(ii)United StatesNotice of status of reviewAugust 30Yes
3(c)Donald TrumpReply to 3(a)August 31 @ 8:00 pmNo
Katie Porter '28
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Yup and posted the order with details under Foggy's post on this page... the later they file today, the less time the dotard has to reply since his is due tomorrow by 8pm. Today's doesn't have a time requirement. :P

PB.JPG
PB.JPG (114.6 KiB) Viewed 714 times
PB 2.JPG
PB 2.JPG (90.8 KiB) Viewed 714 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:28 pm I'm totally using the picture to spread the word that Felito is taking over the Sean Connery role in a remake of Zardoz, though.
Yikes! That's scary on SOOOO many levels! :cantlook:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yes, and also too, by filing it as late as possible today, they guarandamntee that we can't discuss it on the Fogbow Virtual Meetup at 7:30 pm tonight!

They're messing with us, I tells ya.
Katie Porter '28
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Huh. Its 9:26pm in Civilised countries right now...
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Whelp, the twitter reporters say the two sealed documents have been filed. Now we're waiting for what we're all dying to see to come through :waiting:

PACER - don't crash OK? :whistle:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Just showed up, no links or info...
Aug 30, 2022 SYSTEM ENTRY - Docket Entry 39 [misc] restricted/sealed until further notice. (pcs)

Aug 30, 2022 SYSTEM ENTRY - Docket Entry 40 [misc] restricted/sealed until further notice. (pcs)

Aug 30, 2022 Order

:P (I prefer the Larry Kert version but it's the point of Something's Coming from West Side Story)

Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:51 pm Yup and posted the order with details under Foggy's post on this page... the later they file today, the less time the dotard has to reply since his is due tomorrow by 8pm. Today's doesn't have a time requirement. :P

PB.JPG

PB 2.JPG
I was thinking the same thing earlier. The DOJ could really jam up ShitGibbon’s team by waiting till 11:59 tonight to file. That would give the Trumpers just 20 hours to respond, with a big portion of that time being before the sun comes up.

Meanwhile Raj Patel has come back, with a new seal! He had to be a birther in the olden days.
D515EA8B-3BB0-4A9B-9187-C209EFFC41A5.jpeg
D515EA8B-3BB0-4A9B-9187-C209EFFC41A5.jpeg (131.2 KiB) Viewed 648 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Yah DOJ should make Trump's fancy new lawyer work all night. If Trump pays him for an all-nighter, that is.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

OMG, I was never student body president at any school anywhere.

I feel so inadequate!
Katie Porter '28

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”