Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Luke »

New: The government filed NOTICE OF RECEIPT OF PRELIMINARY ORDER AND ATTORNEY APPEARANCE in Trump v. United States (9:22-cv-81294)
District Court, S.D. Florida.

31 Aug 29, 2022 NOTICE by United States Of America of Receipt of Preliminary Order and Attorney Appearance. Attorney Juan Antonio Gonzalez, Jr added to party United States Of America(pty:dft). (Gonzalez, Juan) (Entered: 08/29/2022)

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 31.0_6.pdf

Looks like the government is just going to deal with it, some interesting notes in the filing. Jay Bratt himself is listed.

DOJ 1.JPG
DOJ 1.JPG (68.97 KiB) Viewed 1198 times

DOJ 2.JPG
DOJ 2.JPG (101.41 KiB) Viewed 1198 times

DOJ 3.JPG
DOJ 3.JPG (43.26 KiB) Viewed 1198 times

Mike Davis @mrddmia has turned into a total lying troll, he's trying for Tom Fitton-level stupidity.

The Dirty Truth (Josh) @AKA_RealDirty 2m
@mrddmia It seems they’ve already got what they’ve been looking for. Will the special master force them to give back the crossfire hurricane documents? Most peoples pretty sure that’s what they was after.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/29/politics ... nt-review/
The Justice Department has identified “a limited set of materials” from its search of documents taken from Mar-a-Lago that potentially contain material covered by attorney-client privilege and is in the process of addressing privilege disputes, it said in a court filing Monday.

Justice officials also confirmed that US intelligence officials are reviewing the documents for classified materials.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Do you remember when the FBI raided former President Truman's home in Missouri back in the fifties and seized top secret documents regarding the Manhattan Project? Neither do I.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:twisted: did they check what was hanging on the nail in the outhouse :?:
bob

Post by bob »

The Dirty Truth (Josh) @AKA_RealDirty 2m
@mrddmia It seems they’ve already got what they’ve been looking for. Will the special master force them to give back the crossfire hurricane documents? Most peoples pretty sure that’s what they was after.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Even if that's what they were looking for (hint, it wasn't), the only thing he's getting back are personal documents (that aren't indicia of crime).

The cult believes the president has the unilateral authority to declassify documents, categorize them as personal, and take them home. And the government has no legal recourse if that happened. E.g.:
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Crossfire Hurricane was the FBI investigation into the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA hoax collaboration between Trump and Putin in 2016-17.

'Course, when I was a boy (part 897), a crossfire was when you were behind a rock or sumpin' and the bad guys were shooting at you from both sides of your cover, and you were pinned down because they had you from all the angles.

In the Westerns, it was an extremely bad thing to be caught in a crossfire. Unless you were the hero of the show and you needed to be around for next week's episode, you were probably gonna die, if'n you got caught in a crossfire.

There's a car called the Crossfire, too also. I still wouldn't want to be caught in one.

So, umm ... yeah. Stupid name for an investigation. But yes, do release ALL the documents from Crossfire Hurricane. I'm down with that. :rockon:
Katie Porter '28
Kendra

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Kendra »

Having tasted the impunity he enjoyed as President, Trump is going to get increasingly desperate to (re)claim those levers of power as NARAlago closes in on him. This will get worse and I'm not sure it's ever going to get better
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness

Post by Foggy »

Oh, absolutely, now that Trump says he really did win after all, he should just be restored to the presidency IMMEDIATELY.

Because if the FBI had told the truth about the Hunter Biden laptop, he would have automatically won. :roll: :roll: :roll:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I love that one, because it means he's SUFFERING. :cheer2:

I try to be a nicer person, but I'm here for the schadenfreude. :kiss:

"I'M REALLY STILL PRESIDENT! I'M REALLY STILL PRESIDENT!"

Katie Porter '28
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Would it be accurate to say Donald is getting Loomered?

He may have to chain himself to the White House gate.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Kendra wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:41 pm
Having tasted the impunity he enjoyed as President, Trump is going to get increasingly desperate to (re)claim those levers of power as NARAlago closes in on him. This will get worse and I'm not sure it's ever going to get better
So fact checking is now 'election interference'? Yeah, that dovetails nicely with the 'if you do not give us what we want our followers will resort to violence'
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

1) Jim Trusty is complaining that DOJ didn't unseal 6e info
2) It's really useful to know who started the bullshit "put-a-lock-on-it" story that NYT fell for
3) Trusty has THE BEST clearance credentials of Trump's current lawyers and he's pretending not to know storage guidelines
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:09 pm Note that the affidavit clearly dispells the stupid claim that putting an extra padlock on the store room was sufficient.
A padlock is so easy to break that its only real purpose is to let honest people know that they're not supposed to get in.

A pair of bolt cutters will do the trick nicely.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Does Walter Reed hospital already have facilities for deranged inmates?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

on second thought, as former commander in mischief, Leavenworth could invite him.... :twisted:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:59 pm For this case, I doubt it will be public.
All of the alleged crimes are violations of federal law, right? As such, they would be tried in federal court, which is very reluctant to allow TV cameras in.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:21 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:42 pm https:// twitter.com/AWeissmann_/status/1563229148642148355
Note, the redacted affidavit makes clear DOJ is not buying Kash Patel story that Trump declassified the docs while POTUS. After noting Kash 5/2022 claim, the affidavit continues to call the docs "classified" Compare paras 53 & 61.
Import: Trump AND Kash are in DOJ crosshairs.
:confuzzled: So were the documents mentioned here the same documents Patel said last week he never knew about until the rest of the world? :oldlady:
Documents are not magickaly self declassifying by the preachers handwave or voice. Each copy gets stamped (and dated?).
I agree, but I remember when Trump allegedly gave classified documents to some Russian visitors to the Oval Office.

It was suggested at the time that he had improperly disclosed classified information. His response was that, as POTUS, he could declassify anything and that, by giving them away, he had magically declassified them.

A few talking heads (except those on Fox) disagreed, but not action was ever taken and those in charge of such things did not issue any clarifying regulations (at least, publically) and nothing ever happened to anyone involved.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Israel was rather annoyed..

And probably stopped sharing the more sensitive Intel with the US while Donnie was still in office.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

noblepa wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:15 pm :snippity:

A padlock is so easy to break that its only real purpose is to let honest people know that they're not supposed to get in.

A pair of bolt cutters will do the trick nicely.
Give me a paperclip and a 1/8 inch wide flat welding rod [or similar sized piece of metal], and I'll have you in in less than 5 minutes... :thumbsup:

Added bonus, the lock will still work so you can cover up the break in..... :dance:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Franklin Graham weighs in on the Trump search: “If they felt that he had something that belonged to the government, they certainly could have asked and he would’ve returned it.”
Let me guess, the reporter didn't push back and remind Graham that the government did ask for them back, multiple times.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 3.33.0.pdf

The government filed an unopposed motion to exceed the court’s usual page limit (20 pages) by filing a response of up to 40 pages.

Government papers are always submitted in the name of the local United States attorney but are typically signed by assistants or other government attorneys working on the matter. It's notable that this motion -- like all of the papers submitted concerning the search warrant -- was signed by the United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida himself, which I take as one of many signals to the court that the government is treating this proceeding as a big deal.

I think it's a good thing that the government intends to address Trump's bullshit in depth.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Asha Rangappa
@AshaRangappa_
Oh they are going to let Trump lawyers have it

Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein

FLASH/ BUST BUST BUST: Judge grants Justice Department's page-length motion in Trump Mar-a-Lago search fight. Feds get whopping 40 pages to lay out their position and what's happened thus far
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-dem ... es&via=rss
Former President Donald Trump on Monday took time off from melting down over the FBI executing a search warrant at his home to seize classified documents to demand that he be installed as commander-in-chief of the United States—22 months after he decisively lost the 2020 race.

The twice-impeached ex-president, though, did propose a “minimal solution” if he is not returned to the White House right away: Declare the 2020 vote “irreparably compromised” and hold a new one “immediately.”
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

If DOJ wants 40 pages to respond, we will likely learn some new facts about the classified documents case. They don’t need that many pages to restate what is already known and make their arguments.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”