Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Kendra »

Does MAGA understand that if the president can casually declassify or reclassify anything it means all of those boxes are definitely classified because President Biden says so?
humblescribe
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by humblescribe »

Jez,

Belated thanks for that video!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Moving onto current events and the likelihood that the Judge Shot from a Cannon will appoint a Special Master:

I have to assume that this judge is privy to not only the search warrant but also the unredacted affidavit. I further assume that she is aware of the gravity of the crimes alleged and the chances of indictments against one or more individuals are quite high.

Is it possible that she will grant this tardy request for a Special Master to foreclose any possibility of litigating this issue should tfg be indicted on one or more charges? She wants to pop that buffoon balloon as a preemptive strike?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I'm not privy to how things work at the circuit court level, but is it possible that one or more of the senior judges are going to pull her aside and ask her "WTF are you doing?"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:38 pm I'm not privy to how things work at the circuit court level, but is it possible that one or more of the senior judges are going to pull her aside and ask her "WTF are you doing?"
That’s the old joke: What’s the difference between God and a Federal Judge? God doesn’t think they are a Federal Judge.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

humblescribe wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:28 pm Moving onto current events and the likelihood that the Judge Shot from a Cannon will appoint a Special Master:

I have to assume that this judge is privy to not only the search warrant but also the unredacted affidavit. I further assume that she is aware of the gravity of the crimes alleged and the chances of indictments against one or more individuals are quite high.

Is it possible that she will grant this tardy request for a Special Master to foreclose any possibility of litigating this issue should tfg be indicted on one or more charges? She wants to pop that buffoon balloon as a preemptive strike?
By the time this stuff actually gets to a proper order in proper judicial sequence of things, including appeals, the FBI will have concluded their review of all boxes, have done the triage into the classified stuff that is kept under lock at NARA, other government documents returned to NARA to br retained as presidential archive material, and all other micelleneous papers that are the former guys personal things. The former guy will have his memorabilia returned to him before this judge gets blue over all misfilings of his attorneys. Insert famous Orly litigation quote here.

Of course one assumes that the trumpers never think of emergency motions and suddenly request a TRO that orders the FBI to drop their pencils.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:17 pm
Perhaps he's confusing intercoastal with international.
bob

Post by bob »

humblescribe wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:28 pm I have to assume that this judge is privy to not only the search warrant but also the unredacted affidavit. I further assume that she is aware of the gravity of the crimes alleged and the chances of indictments against one or more individuals are quite high.
I wouldn't assume that because the search-warrant case is assigned to the magistrate judge in another courthouse. Part of perils of judge shopping is the disparate paperwork. Especially when dealing with filings under seal.

Someone on the bird site noted the only way to provide a complete accounting of what was taken is to ... go through everything that was taken. So if a special master is assigned, the list won't be final until the master does a review.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I want to come after Bob and say something smart, but all I’ve got is this picture of Ted Cruz as a special master. You have been warned.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:56 pm ...but all I’ve got is this picture of Ted Cruz as a special master. You have been warned.
There's not enough eye bleach in the world. :cantlook:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:56 pm I want to come after Bob and say something smart, but all I’ve got is this picture of Ted Cruz as a special master. You have been warned.
► Show Spoiler
THAT IS NOT *NEARLY* ENOUGH OF A WARNING!!!!!

:sick: :sick: :sick:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Found elsewhere: If President Trump could declassify documents while he was in office, then the current sitting President Biden can reclassify them.

(Oops. Kendra ninja'd me yesterday. See top of page.)
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This judge was confirmed by the Senate after the dotard lost.
‘The Legal Term for This Garbage’: Experts Bash ‘Pandering’ Trump-Nominated Judge Running to His Defense
Published on August 28, 2022 at 11:17 AM ETBy Sarah K. Burris – Raw Story

Former prosecutors Cynthia Alksne and Glenn Kirschner sounded the alarm about the judge who granted Donald Trump’s demand for a “special master” to review the documents at Mar-a-Lago for any possible attorney-client privilege, while speaking with MSNBC fill-in host Michael Steele.

Kirschner pointed out that never in his 30 years practicing law has he ever seen a judge make a ruling before she’d heard from the opposing side. “I went back and looked at U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon’s order, and here is what she said,” Kirschner began. “Before I read this one sentence, Michael, mind you that she entered this tentative border before the Department of Justice prosecutors even had an opportunity to weigh in on the issue. She said quote, ‘The court hereby provides notice of its preliminary intent to appoint a special master in this case.’ And she has only heard from Trump’s defense team.”

He said that he’s never heard a judge even announce a “tentative ruling” before both parties have been heard. “I think this indicates a judge who has extraordinarily poor judgment at best, and at worse is biased in favor of Donald Trump,” he continued. “As a footnote, I think it is worth mentioning that she was confirmed by the Senate, Mitch McConnell’s Senate after Donald Trump lost the presidential election.”

Alksne straight-up called it “pandering. I think that is the legal term for this garbage.”
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... s-defense/

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I don't think a ruling was made. The judge spoke out of turn about preference to grant a special master! As i mentioned earlier, this gives the DOJ an opportunity to ask for her recusal cause bias (imho - ianal)
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

1) hopefully someone on the bird site is keeping an eye on the docket to see when the pr8of of service gets filed.

2) if you are the DOJ, what is your first move?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:18 am Found elsewhere: If President Trump could declassify documents while he was in office, then the current sitting President Biden can reclassify them.

I don't think reclassifying is generally possible. Technically speaking the content has become public domain. Anyone could have gotten to know it and they cannot be sworn to secrecy. To re-classify all documents in circulation would need to be retrieved, within the administration that's feasible. But it does not guarantee that presumably unauthorized eyes had gained knowledge.

As the trumpian "declassification" never happened formally, documents were not changed, Biden has no need to reclassify.

Which leaves me to wonder how the former WH kept track of the location of the documents, eg never returned to storage or vaults. There ought to have been a method to list unaccounted documents aka lost in the trumpian abyss that was his residence. Who got hold over those servers when the old administration moved out of the WH. Anyone got to keep them as memorabilia?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:23 am
bill_g wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:18 am Found elsewhere: If President Trump could declassify documents while he was in office, then the current sitting President Biden can reclassify them.

I don't think reclassifying is generally possible. Technically speaking the content has become public domain. Anyone could have gotten to know it and they cannot be sworn to secrecy. To re-classify all documents in circulation would need to be retrieved, within the administration that's feasible. But it does not guarantee that presumably unauthorized eyes had gained knowledge.

As the trumpian "declassification" never happened formally, documents were not changed, Biden has no need to reclassify.

Which leaves me to wonder how the former WH kept track of the location of the documents, eg never returned to storage or vaults. There ought to have been a method to list unaccounted documents aka lost in the trumpian abyss that was his residence. Who got hold over those servers when the old administration moved out of the WH. Anyone got to keep them as memorabilia?
:) I think the point of the reclassify comment was to throw Trumpys off balance with their own logic, and not to be taken seriously. It was meant to leave them sputtering for a retort.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Let's take the idea of a Special Master for review of the documents for executive privilege off the table, even though that's all Trump asked for.

Let's consider the issue of attorney-client privilege.

There does appear to be some potential legal entanglement with at least one Trump lawyer in the obstruction case related to the NARA documents. I can see a valid argument for a special master in that regard if there are AC documents that point toward the crime / fraud exception.

What about potential evidence of obstruction related to the congressional Jan-6 subpoena? What if documents were seized that point to more crime -fraud exceptions on the part of Trump's legal advisors?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

First thing that the Special Master will need is:

A list of Donnie’s personal lawyers..
Then
Security clearance - as in amongst the menus and contracts of sale might be highly classified material.

I would also expect that the DOJ would want the special master to be someone of integrity… which might be hard to find someone meeting that requirement who is willing to work with team Donnie…
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

In re: Ted Cruz picture requiring more eye bleach than is available in the known universe.

I hereby move that raison de arizona be forgiven his brazen posting of the above cited digital photo in that he has been under duress and enduring untold anxiety since his move to Arizona, a state known for its governmental chaos and unbearable climate change heat.

In the future, those wishing to post other eye bleaching, intestinal twisting photos of like vomitude need only write SMF (Sado-Maochistic Felito) to accomplish this effect.

Affiant further sayeth naught.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

But will Judge Trumpy appoint someone who qualifies under these classified conditions? What if she appoints Patel? Is that a possibility?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:22 am But will Judge Trumpy appoint someone who qualifies under these classified conditions? What if she appoints Patel? Is that a possibility?
He can't be it, he is interested party. T has defined him to be one his trusted contacts with NARA in relation to the presidential library. Gives him a say about all unclassified things.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”