Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Azastan
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Azastan »

orlylicious wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:58 pm Stormy Daniels is trending on Twitter for some reason and these tweets came up... heck, it's Sat night and we all can use laughs at the dotard's expense. :lol:
DJTjr reminded everyone of Ms Daniel's professional encounter with his sire's 'redact this'.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by poplove »

:lol:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: :thumbsup:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Greatgrey wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:43 pm Ummm… this seems premature, given the DOJ hasn’t had a chance to respond, and from my IANAL reading of the Supplemental filing and FRCP 4(i) the DOJ still hasn’t been properly served.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 3.29.0.pdf

38C60B1B-8A9D-4C08-B674-4F3E0AC1780B.jpeg

And, the Judge has just given the DOJ 5 days to respond (Sept 1), when the summons that was finally effected gives them 21 days. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 3.26.0.pdf
Don't they have to file the proof of service? Has that been done?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

much ado wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:41 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:58 pm
This raises all kinds of questions:

-What kind of clearance would a special master need to have?
-Can Trump’s un-cleared lawyers review the material?
-How much detail does DOJ have to provide?
-Can DOJ keep reviewing the material before final order?
Well IANAL, but if a document is labeled "classified", then it is a government document and belongs to the U.S. government. It does not need to be returned to Trump. So a special master does not need to know the contents of a classified document. Is that not correct?

The only documents that require review are those that are not classified and that may contain privileged communication between Trump and a PERSONAL lawyer. Communications between Trump and a government lawyer can also be kept by the government and need not be returned.

Am I missing something?
I think the problem would be that, in theory, documents that are of CONFIDENTIAL or higher clearance have cover sheets, sure, but on the off chance those have been removed, folded over, etc., a Special Master just GOING THROUGH the documents would see things he or she oughtn't see. Unless the Special Master is just being handed all the documents that aren't classified and being told 'have at these!'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:16 am
Greatgrey wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:43 pm Ummm… this seems premature, given the DOJ hasn’t had a chance to respond, and from my IANAL reading of the Supplemental filing and FRCP 4(i) the DOJ still hasn’t been properly served.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 3.29.0.pdf

38C60B1B-8A9D-4C08-B674-4F3E0AC1780B.jpeg

And, the Judge has just given the DOJ 5 days to respond (Sept 1), when the summons that was finally effected gives them 21 days. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 3.26.0.pdf
Don't they have to file the proof of service? Has that been done?
And the DOJ lawyers have to make / file their appearance. Also too possibly a motions for dismissal phase as first. (sorry i may have mentioned this above too also)
much ado

Post by much ado »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:04 am
much ado wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:41 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:58 pm
Well IANAL, but if a document is labeled "classified", then it is a government document and belongs to the U.S. government. It does not need to be returned to Trump. So a special master does not need to know the contents of a classified document. Is that not correct?

The only documents that require review are those that are not classified and that may contain privileged communication between Trump and a PERSONAL lawyer. Communications between Trump and a government lawyer can also be kept by the government and need not be returned.

Am I missing something?
I think the problem would be that, in theory, documents that are of CONFIDENTIAL or higher clearance have cover sheets, sure, but on the off chance those have been removed, folded over, etc., a Special Master just GOING THROUGH the documents would see things he or she oughtn't see. Unless the Special Master is just being handed all the documents that aren't classified and being told 'have at these!'.
Yes, that is certainly a valid point.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Ok, the reviewer needs to have clearance, or can the judge blow that off and assign anyone trump tells her to assign?

We all know she's been threatened to do the right thing, by MAGAts, toadies, possibly trump himself. Can't help but wonder if that's a factor.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Let's play find the differences. I think it's the watch. Bad accessorizing led to her demise I'm sure of it.

Asia Janay Lavarello

June 2020 — Investigators conducted a search of the Hawaii home of Asia Janay Lavarello, a U.S. Defense Department employee, following her return from a temporary assignment to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. Investigators found numerous classified documents, writings, and notes relating to the national defense or foreign relations and said the documents – first seen by guests at a dinner party hosted by Lavarello – had not been transported by secure diplomatic pouch, as required.

Lavarello pleaded guilty to knowingly removing classified information in July 2021. She was sentenced in February 2022 to three months in prison and a $5,500 fine.

I could be wrong about the watch. Maybe.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Jeez, he looks bad. If I gave a shit about the guy, I'd be worried about him. Instead, I'm rooting for the reaper, cuz I don't think he'll get indicted.

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:47 am Jeez, he looks bad. If I gave a shit about the guy, I'd be worried about him. Instead, I'm rooting for the reaper, cuz I don't think he'll get indicted.
I still think a meteor shower is more appropriate. We want that Message-from-God feeling.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Breitbart “reporter” says the search warrant at MAL was only executed to get the Crossfire Hurricane documents off the playing field. 🙄

It’s interesting how Trump is always *just* about to expose the corruption, but never manages to.

Maybe because it doesn’t exist.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Don Lewis @DonLew87 wrote: "Boxes of documents even came with Trump on foreign travel, following him to hotel rooms around the world — including countries considered foreign adversaries of the United States." (Washington Post)

It just keeps getting worse.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... cords-war/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Meanwhile, over on Fox News, Mike Turner is beclowning himself once again
Bookkeeping issue"?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Holy fuck! And we thought the jokes about ketchup stains were...jokes.
Archives officials have emailed, called and cajoled the former president and his representatives to follow the law and return the documents. When the Archives recovered 15 boxes from Mar-a-Lago in January, agency officials found a mess of disorganized papers lacking any inventory. Highly classified material was mixed in with newspaper clippings and dinner menus. And Archives officials believed more items were still missing.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:30 am https:// twitter.com/DonLew87/status/1563890067344687104
Don Lewis @DonLew87 wrote: "Boxes of documents even came with Trump on foreign travel, following him to hotel rooms around the world — including countries considered foreign adversaries of the United States." (Washington Post)

It just keeps getting worse.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... cords-war/
Reading the article it may be less top alarming as it sounds. It's unclear if they were refering to his pre-presidential time, a habit of moving personal belongings in boxes.

If it happened also during his presidency, then at least there was secured transports with AF-1, the shipping was under the scrutiny of the Secret Service, as were the hotel accomodations. Of course highly classified document get normally transported in containers that will destroy content if a mishap happens and forceful entry is attempted. A plain box may accidentially survive an accident and reach the hands of foreign agence watching. As for the last year and half, travels were at least limited to the US.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I'm sure it's similar with the current POTUS. He said some of that stuff goes home with him on the weekends, but he only handles it when he reads it. Afterwards he gives it to military personnel and they lock it up.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:56 am
If it happened also during his presidency, then at least there was secured transports with AF-1, the shipping was under the scrutiny of the Secret Service, as were the hotel accomodations.
The same Secret Service agents Biden doesn't trust? Those agents?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

https:// twitter.com/atrupar/status/1563902298568495104
Aaron Rupar@atrupar

Kinzinger: "The hypocrisy of folks in my party that spent years chanting 'lock her up' about Hillary Clinton ... now out there defending a man who very clearly did not take the national security of the US to heart."

4:52 PM · Aug 28, 2022
► Show Spoiler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

So now what? Life goes on as trump intended?

ImageImageImage x4
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

the origin

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”