Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
pipistrelle

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by pipistrelle »

Agree about Snell and :bag: I didn't read the article (late at night). Always a nagging sense someone wanted tfg in the White House. Also, I recall that staff didn't show him certain things, or didn't want to.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:28 pm
Off Topic
Hay! My Uncle Bill used to teach Business Law at that podunk college.
Off Topic
My Uncle Bill owns a still on the hill,
An' he puts up a gallon or two.
An' the birds in the sky,
Get so high they can not fly
Just from sniffin' that good old Mountain Dew
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Somewhere I saw a couple of folks lauding Nicolle Wallace's show on Friday. I'm rewatching it now. I think it's damn good stuff. So if you're interested:

https://www.nbc.com/deadline-white-hous ... 9000240668

ETA: Hang on for Brandon Van Grack, former Senior Justice Department Lawyer and Federal Prosecutor who previously investigated Michael Flynn under the Espionage Act, at the top of the second hour. Boy howdy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Well, my Uncle Mort,
He is sawed off, and short,
Only measures about 5'2",
But he thinks he's a giant,
If you give him a pint,
Of that good ol' mountain dew!
Katie Porter '28
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Bob Costa does a 5-minute catch-up this morning from West Palm.

Robert Costa @costareports 38m
Good morning from West Palm Beach. Our report this morning @CBSMornings: federal investigators were highly alarmed that documents derived from human intel sources risked being compromised at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago storage facility.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"Storage facility" ? --- no wonder the food in the kitchen gets condemed :twisted:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Watching yesterday's Deadline WhiteHouse again, one bit from Andrew Weisman that went over my head yesterday - as shocked as everyone is about the number of secret documents listed in the affidavit (which was written PRIOR to the search) does not include what they removed after the search. We don't yet know the quantity and the classifications of those items yet.

Think about that.

Another part of the discussion was if the documents are so sensitive that prosecuting someone for them might be impossible without exposing super sekrit stuff. Frank Figluzzi (sp?) pointed out that might be why they're focusing on the obstruction charges, since that could be easier to prove without exposing classified info.

I do recommend spending as much of the two hour show as you can, but definitely the first segment.

Also, putting on the devil's advocate hat here, is it possible that Trump was the useful idiot here and someone else has been manipulating him and THAT person is the DOJ's target subject. Or tfg is a target, but there's other targets as well. Kash Patel I'm :daydreaming: it's you.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:19 am Watching yesterday's Deadline WhiteHouse again, one bit from Andrew Weisman that went over my head yesterday - as shocked as everyone is about the number of secret documents listed in the affidavit (which was written PRIOR to the search) does not include what they removed after the search. We don't yet know the quantity and the classifications of those items yet.

:snippity:
You and me both.

Agree about the first hour, which is amazing. Then there's a brief bit on Biden, then back to Mara-Fuckup. Again I recommend listening to Brandon Van Grack--I had to listen three times to get what he was saying what he has gleaned from the placement of some redactions and from the level of the people who are backing this.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:27 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:17 pm Not taking things well.

Donald Trump Jr. posted a picture on Instagram of his father with the caption “Redact this,” and a black box over his crotch.

This is just really weird. What son posts sexual innuendo about their own father’s penis? Is this the grooming they keep talking about?
Who is he trying to kid with that redaction? It doesn’t take that much ink to cover up a tiny mushroom. :sick: :sick:
I'm afraid you are all wrong.... the coverage is from the stain from a leak in a set of defective Depends..... :whistle:
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Mike Dunford had an amusing analysis of the most recent filing:
Dunford comments on Trump Aug 26 filing
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Donald Trump could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and hand a list of American spies to Vladimir Putin and not lose any supporters, but tell me again how this isn't some fucked up cult. what in actual fuck
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

New Turtle wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:34 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:42 am
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:08 pm I’d forgotten this.

I was reading the article, and it's talking about the large number of captures and kills being in "the last few years." So it isn't something that only arose since Trump took the docs.

Here's a gift link to the article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/us/p ... =share-url
I believe this twitterer means well, but he tends to jump on ideas a bit too quickly.
Still, an interesting timeline for a coinky-dinky.
The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: Known Timeline:

1. 7/31/2019: Trump spoke with Putin (NYT)

2. 8/3/2019: Trump issued a request for a list of top US spies (The Daily Beast)

3. 10/5/2021: "CIA Admits to Losing Dozens of Informants". (NYT)

4. 8/26/2022: Documents at MAL Could Compromise Human Intel (NYT) 1/5
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 12.46.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 12.46.47 PM.png (86.7 KiB) Viewed 644 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh: Presidential Records!

comment on #45 interview with Lou Dobbs

raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:14 pm :doh: Presidential Records!

comment on #45 interview with Lou Dobbs

If that is point, here is the counterpoint from Dilbert writer and unabashed Trumper Scott Adams.

What an asshat.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Here is my question regarding the taint team and privileged communication between lawyer and client.

I think I understand the basic premise that all communications between lawyers and client are privileged with some notable exceptions. Criming by either party is one. I also believe that if an uninvolved person is present, that this also fouls privilege.

I would have to assume that any written correspondence between tfg's counsel and him would be emblazoned with something like, "PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION BETWEEN LAWYER AND CLIENT." On the other hand if a letter from counsel omits this heading then it is not subject to privilege.

Which government lawyers are the lawyers for tfg? The AG and his staff? The Solicitor General? White House counsel? Is communication privileged from all government lawyers--even some low-level advisory counsel for the USDA (as an extreme example).

I presume that Roodles, Squidney, Eastman Kodak, Ellis, Habbibi, and the rest are his lawyers even if someone else pays their fees.

Finally, if I am correct regarding the loss of privilege if a stranger is privy to discussions between lawyer and client, does this principle extend to written communications that tfg keeps affixed with a magnet to his refrigerator so that anyone in the kitchen can see it when they have a midnight snack?

How do we know that tfg kept all privileged communications private and not out in the open?

The talking heads on the teevee need to explain this lawyer-client privilege thingy more better to us plebs.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump-appointed Judge issues Order that she is preliminarily indicating an intent to grant Trump’s request for appointment of Special Master, but sets hearing for next week to hear argument. Also Orders list of documents seized be provided to her under seal for review.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

:o :cry: :evil:

That's some thumb-on-the-scale bullshit. At least my first reaction.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Fun fact: by the time of the hearing all relevant private documents will already have been separated by the FBI and their reviewer, many of them have already been returned. The potential assignment of a Special Master will be tricky, the person will have to carry a very top security clearance. Does the former guy really claim he has letters to or from his private attorneys intermingled in all his messy office?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”