Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Ben-Prime »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:54 pm A FPOTUS can declassify any document by affixing a 2-cent stamp on the corner and faxing it to a court of record at the earliest convenience. it says so in the Magna Carta.
:fingerwag: Remember that the position of the stamp matters, too, also.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Slim Cognito »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:54 pm A FPOTUS can declassify any document by affixing a 2-cent stamp on the corner and faxing it to a court of record at the earliest convenience. it says so in the Magna Carta.
Well played, dear Turtle. Well played.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Powerful editorial. Not a hint of bothsiderism.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Do did they filed the amended complaint in the special master lawsuit?
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:54 pm A FPOTUS can declassify any document by affixing a 2-cent stamp on the corner and faxing it to a court of record at the earliest convenience. it says so in the Magna MAGA Carta.
FIFY
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

"Kash Patel, Former Chief of Staff for the DOD and lead Investigator for Russia Gate"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Feels like bizarro world when Karl rove makes sense
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:22 pm Do did they filed the amended complaint in the special master lawsuit?
It wasn't supposed to be an amended complaint. There was an order by the judge, Aileen Cannon, for Trump’s lawyers to file a document explaining what they filed and what they wanted her to do.

At this point I think they want her to pull down Bruce Reinhart's pants and spank him hard, but I doubt she'll go along with it.

I mean, what else do they want? Order the DOJ not to indict Trump on account of how it might could hurt his poor delicate feelings? Order the American people to elect Trump again in 2024? What do they think the judge can do for him at this point? :think: :confuzzled:

Anyway, I don't have PACER and have no idea what, if anything, has been filed in Cannon's court.
Katie Porter '28
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Does a president get an automatic security clearance or do they have to go through some sort of approval process? Is it done before or after they take office, if so?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

I'm pretty sure that the answer to that question is "no approval process whatsoever." In fact, classified briefings start for the major parties' presidential nominees in the summer before the election.

Redoing a screwed up correction.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:48 pm Does a president get an automatic security clearance or do they have to go through some sort of approval process? Is it done before or after they take office, if so?
I think it starts once the election results are in, as part of the transition. I know they get classified briefings during the transition, but I don't think they have to go through the same sort of clearance adjudication process the rest of us have to. I mean, dude gets elected president and someone in the government is going to be like, sorry, sir, you're not cleared to see this stuff?

I do recall there were issues with Jared, et al not being cleared.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

"Kash Patel, Former Chief of Staff for the DOD and lead Investigator for Russia Gate"
The affidavit literally references an article written by Patel in Breitbart. :violin:

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:48 pm Does a president get an automatic security clearance or do they have to go through some sort of approval process? Is it done before or after they take office, if so?
Essentially automatic; no approval process.

Presidents typically grant formers (some) access to (some) classified materials, but that too isn't automatic. While we don't know the details, we know Biden yanked his access to the PDBs. I think is safe to infer other access also was yanked.
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

chancery wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:53 pm delete me, please
Noooo, you can't leave! :biggrin:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

So he could run and win while being under investigation, or even indictment but no conviction (yet) and still have access to everything as president, again?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:09 pm wow quite the argument
Gorsuch ex-clerk Mike Davis on Fox News: "The president has the absolute constitutional authority to declassify anything he wants for any reason he wants... it is legally impossible for President Trump to have committed espionage or to have violated some Presidential Records Act"
Too bad he's no longer President Trump. Since Jan 20, 2021 he's just been just plain citizen Trump, and just plain citizen Trump has absolutely no right to possess documents belonging to the Office of the President.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:43 pm
Chilidog wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:22 pm Do did they filed the amended complaint in the special master lawsuit?
It wasn't supposed to be an amended complaint. There was an order by the judge, Aileen Cannon, for Trump’s lawyers to file a document explaining what they filed and what they wanted her to do.

At this point I think they want her to pull down Bruce Reinhart's pants and spank him hard, but I doubt she'll go along with it.

I mean, what else do they want? Order the DOJ not to indict Trump on account of how it might could hurt his poor delicate feelings? Order the American people to elect Trump again in 2024? What do they think the judge can do for him at this point? :think: :confuzzled:

Anyway, I don't have PACER and have no idea what, if anything, has been filed in Cannon's court.
Well there’s this, The Excellent T.E., T.E. Raj K Patel wants ECF privileges.

And he declares himself to be the Plaintiff.

Ya really have to have a peek at this. It even haz a seal!

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 3.25.0.pdf
260C1DB6-39C9-4F5E-BC63-9318383BA457.jpeg
260C1DB6-39C9-4F5E-BC63-9318383BA457.jpeg (323.96 KiB) Viewed 640 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:02 pm So he could run and win while being under investigation, or even indictment but no conviction (yet) and still have access to everything as president, again?
Theoretically. But I doubt anyone in the current administration would actually show him anything until they absolutely have to.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The media need to be hammering on the "it doesn't matter if they are classified" angle since that is not what the FBI/DOJ is investigating. Start referring to them as stolen documents, regardless of classification.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”