Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:02 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:24 pm I heard a newscaster say on the noon news that DFO was suing to get "his" papers back.

:mad:
Mine Mine MIne MIne Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine!!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Mr brolin »

Jim wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:39 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:27 pm
Mr brolin wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:19 am The instruction "Do not Fold, Spidle or Mutilate" should be in the courts replies to every Mad Ole Orly Screech Owl "legal" vomitude.
This word is hereby added to the Official Fogbow Lexicon and Snarksauraus.

Congratulations! :groupdance:
Spidle didn't make the list? I demand a recount! :rotflmao:
I likes to do wordz stuff .... :twisted:
Tiredretiredlawyer

"Spidle" is in the Lexicon. "Vomitude" is a new entry. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

Post by bob »

"elaborate on ... the precise relief sought" is such a judicial burn: "Why are you bothering me, bro?"

I mean, Klayman's $750M asks are dumb, but at least there's no doubt about what he wants.

E.g.:

Related to this is: What is the cause of action? A Taitz favorite was to ask for a restraining order, unmoored from any legal basis for seeking one. Just because someone is doing something you don't like isn't enough to pester a judge, especially a federal one.
Image ImageImage
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Two weeks later...and here Zee Furher is still getting punched in the dick...

And no one here seems to be tiring of it... :think:

:rotflmao:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Do we know a Capitol Hill reporter who will go and ask Susan Collins if tfg has learned his lesson yet?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Basically, the judge is saying:
1) Why did you bring this to me rather than Judge Reinhart?
2) What can I do that Judge Reinhart can't?
3) You know, w/o an injunction, this is useless, right?
4) Why the fuck did you bring this to me?
5) You're supposed to tell DOJ about this.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:26 pm https:// twitter.com/FiFiEarthAngel/status/1562133815669276672
CALL TO ACTIVISM@CalltoActivism
BREAKING: FBI agents found highly sensitive and classified documents lying around in unsecured places outside the storage room Trump had locked, according to WSJ.
7:38 pm · 23 Aug 2022·
:shock: :o :shock: :o :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:44 pm
Volkonski wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:26 pm https:// twitter.com/FiFiEarthAngel/status/1562133815669276672
CALL TO ACTIVISM@CalltoActivism
BREAKING: FBI agents found highly sensitive and classified documents lying around in unsecured places outside the storage room Trump had locked, according to WSJ.
7:38 pm · 23 Aug 2022·
:shock: :o :shock: :o :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Life imitates an episode of The Simpsons.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Re Trump’s “lawsuit”…

Shouldn't this but be filled in with US v Sealed Search Warrant & the case number?
6EDFD914-1C86-4C98-ABB1-D81D52DA9068.jpeg
6EDFD914-1C86-4C98-ABB1-D81D52DA9068.jpeg (504 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

From what I understand it should have. No reason has been given that I'm aware of as to why it wasn't.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Sounds might unspecific to me, DOJ or FBI perhaps, or will BLM reply?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:48 pm Re Trump’s “lawsuit”…

Shouldn't this but be filled in with US v Sealed Search Warrant & the case number?
Certainly, but it's not clear that it makes a difference.

The civil cover sheet that is required to be filled out when commencing a _civil_ proceeding in federal court is a document of no substantive consequence for the proceeding itself. The court and the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts use the information in cover sheets for their internal purposes: creating the docket sheets, keeping statistics as to the frequency of different kinds of litigation in federal courts, and occasionally for assigning cases to judges who specialize in certain areas or (if senior judges) decline certain kinds of cases.

It would be most unusual for misstatements or omissions in a civil cover sheet to have any more consequence than misstatements in an anonymous survey, and then only in conjunction with other forms of misconduct.

That said, one important purpose of the cover sheet is to consolidate related cases in front of a single judge.

Now, it frequently happens that a litigant would prefer that a new case _not_ be assigned to a judge handling a related case, particularly if the new case has been filed as an end run around an existing case which is going badly.

You may be shocked to learn that there are lawyers who are so lost to shame as to omit mention of a related case in the hopes of getting a different judge. "That trick never works," and occasionally a lawyer will be called out for trying it, but there are no real adverse consequences for the attempt. It can certainly annoy a judge, but typically the judge is already pissed off at the lawyer who tries it, so it doesn't make much difference.

In this case it was certainly improper for Trump's clown shoe lawyers to fail to mention the search warrant proceeding, and very likely it was done in bad faith, but it didn't fool anyone, and there won't be any disciplinary consequence to them.

It seems plausible to me that the new proceeding should have been assigned to Magistrate Judge Reinhart as related to the criminal search warrant proceeding, but IANACrL and the relatedness issue might not be straightforward. There are some kinds of proceedings -- including ordinary civil lawsuits -- that cannot be assigned to a federal magistrate judge without consent of the parties. However, it's not clear whether Trump's new whatever it is requires assignment to an Article III judge. If SDFL's operating procedures clearly treat the two proceedings as related, the new one will be reassigned.
Tiredretiredlawyer

I think it affects the credibility of the lawyers. I wouldn't want a federal judge, or any for that matter, to decide I am a liar and my client may well be a liar cuz I only represent lying clients.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Oh, sure, Trump's lawyers shot themselves in the foot by not disclosing the related case, and the judge noticed. But they damaged their professional credibility much more by signing that piece of garbage "motion" than by anything they could have done with the cover sheet.
Tiredretiredlawyer

True that.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Something I've been thinking about - recent reports are stating that FBI found some of the classified documents in tfg's bedroom and office - were they all in a safe? Let them argue all they want that the documents were kept secure in the locked room, but who the hell goes off for weeks (months?) to his other club and leaves private papers lying around for anyone to see? I can't imagine who has access except for the maids.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The Chinese Nationalist maids? Or, better yet, the Russian maids who were instructed exactly where to find said docs.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:36 am The Chinese Nationalist maids? Or, better yet, the Russian maids who were instructed exactly where to find said docs.
Tough call on those choices :batting:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

In the (teeny tiny) minds of his supporters:

1) Trump filed an excellent lawsuit in front of a different judge because Reinhart is obviously corrupt and a Joo. He signed the illegal unconstitutional search raid warrant and cannot be trusted to make any decisions whatsoever since he obviously hates the greatest man in the world. So, new case before a different judge? Brilliant move by our 45th president.

2) The swamp rats - led by Joe and Hunter Biden personally, except Joe is probably dead and Hunter is in charge - anyway, the swamp rats already got to the new judge, she's asking all kinds of impertinent and rude questions about stupid stuff like jurisdiction and equity WHO CARES, LADY? YOUR JOB IS TO SAVE TRUMP FROM THE OTHER JUDGE. :doh: :doh:

3) This is a HUGE WIN FOR DONALD TRUMP, OUR NATION'S 45TH PRESIDENT and anything that isn't an actual win is a terrible travesty of a mockery of a sham of two mockeries of a travesty, and the most horrible corrupt misuse of the police power of government in the history of mankind, going all the way back to the beginning. Whew.
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:54 am In the (teeny tiny) minds of his supporters:
:snippity:
:yeahthat: :lol:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Foogy said, in part:... a terrible travesty of a mockery of a sham of two mockeries of a travesty....
This needs mathematical clarification from Slarti or Tek or Volkonski.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”