trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

I have a hunch that he would have little issue with DDT coming back since it would remove hated government environmental regulations. Never mind that it was DDT that helped nearly wipe out bald eagles.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:10 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:10 am https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1561499482415587340
WHY do Chinese windmills kill more eagles than American windmills?

That sounds like pretty sophisticated tech, if the windmill can detect the species of bird that's approaching and do a little stutter-step or a hop or sumpin' to make sure it gets the eagle with one of the blades.

Maybe there's a little Chinese guy up in there, spotting the eagles with binoculars and then targeting them, OMG, the horror, the brutality! And the little guy climbs down at night to graze on the crops. :think:
Edit: Killin' eagles doesn't make it costly. Eagles are free. You'd think a former president would know things.
tsk tsk tsk --- it's the secret among the boxes formerly at MaL --- the Chinese Army is now hiding hi-tec, no longer in the desert along the southern border :silenced:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- ... 000-2022-8
A $650,000 "charitable contribution" former President Donald Trump's political action committee made to the Smithsonian Institution will help fund portraits of Donald and Melania Trump for the National Portrait Gallery, a Smithsonian official confirmed to Insider.

The contribution, which Trump's Save America PAC disclosed without explanation in a Federal Election Commission filing Saturday, will "support the artists' fees, shipping, framing, installation, and events," Linda St. Thomas, a Smithsonian spokesperson, said.

"Two artists have been commissioned, one for each portrait. The names will be released closer to the reveal of the paintings," St. Thomas said. "The creation of the portraits is underway. The timing of the artworks' reveal not determined yet."
:sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:13 pm https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- ... 000-2022-8
A $650,000 "charitable contribution" former President Donald Trump's political action committee made to the Smithsonian Institution will help fund portraits of Donald and Melania Trump for the National Portrait Gallery, a Smithsonian official confirmed to Insider.

The contribution, which Trump's Save America PAC disclosed without explanation in a Federal Election Commission filing Saturday, will "support the artists' fees, shipping, framing, installation, and events," Linda St. Thomas, a Smithsonian spokesperson, said.

"Two artists have been commissioned, one for each portrait. The names will be released closer to the reveal of the paintings," St. Thomas said. "The creation of the portraits is underway. The timing of the artworks' reveal not determined yet."
:sick:

Does the White House have a garage to hang them in... next to the dirty sink the mechanic uses to wash his hands and pisses in when he doesn't want to walk to the bathroom. :bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Its gonna be Jon McNaughton would you expect anyone else?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:29 pm Its gonna be Jon McNaughton would you expect anyone else?
I would expect someone who is funneling most of that money into Trump's pocket somehow.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I expect the Artists name will be Donial Trullip.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Why is Mike Dumford saying he knows Trump is going Pro Se?

bob

Post by bob »

Gregg wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:40 pm Why is Mike Dumford saying he knows Trump is going Pro Se?
He isn't:

But I don't it think can be blamed on the lawyers either. I'm sensing some people don't understand how information is entered into a docket.
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

The docket briefly described the proceeding as pro se, apparently a known bug when a proceeding is filed in hard copy and entered into the e-filing docket system by the clerk's office. The initial version of the docket generated many tweets. Mike has now seen some of the subsequent flood of tweets explaining the problem.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:51 pm But I don't it think can be blamed on the lawyers either. I'm sensing some people don't understand how information is entered into a docket.
There is a notice from Trump's lawyer representing that the filing was made with hard copy because "a technical issue with access to the Court's CM /ECF system precluded electronic fling today." (Docket No. 3). It may be that the "technical issue" consisted of lack of experience with the e-filing system. However, it's a clunky, unintuitive system that even experienced lawyers occasionally have trouble with, so it's not a big deal.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Worth reading the underlying data in that poll (by party etc)

Volkonski wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:15 pm
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

"Threats to democracy" is undoubtedly a fear from left, right, and center and doesn't indicate consensus on what the threats are.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

True, but the Threats to Democracy concern was significantly higher with Dems (as was Abortion).
Immigrants/Border was an only GOP concern.
The survey really displays that Fox and right wing news sources have been successful at their tasks.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Not to get all partisan, but I think it’s fair to conclude the concerns Trump raised about the security of classified information during the 2016 campaign were not made in good faith
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:52 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:29 pm Its gonna be Jon McNaughton would you expect anyone else?
I would expect someone who is funneling most of that money into Trump's pocket somehow.
I'll be a little suspicious when the pictures are done in crayon and scrawled 'I love you, Daddy' on the bottom.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

chancery wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:01 pm
bob wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:51 pm But I don't it think can be blamed on the lawyers either. I'm sensing some people don't understand how information is entered into a docket.
There is a notice from Trump's lawyer representing that the filing was made with hard copy because "a technical issue with access to the Court's CM /ECF system precluded electronic fling today." (Docket No. 3). It may be that the "technical issue" consisted of lack of experience with the e-filing system. However, it's a clunky, unintuitive system that even experienced lawyers occasionally have trouble with, so it's not a big deal.
Okay but still, you would be excused for thinking the Attorney representing the former President would have someone on the team who knows how to file a case.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:33 am Okay but still, you would be excused for thinking the Attorney representing the former President would have someone on the team who knows how to file a case.
I mean, this is a particular former President who, given a choice between hiring the world's foremost expert in their field but who looks a little nebbishy and hiring someone from Central Casting who looks like a billion dollar lawyer but has never done anything more than get parking tickets before a judge, will choose the latter.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Beat me to the punchline
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

► Show Spoiler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:08 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:33 am Okay but still, you would be excused for thinking the Attorney representing the former President would have someone on the team who knows how to file a case.
I mean, this is a particular former President who, given a choice between hiring the world's foremost expert in their field but who looks a little nebbishy and hiring someone from Central Casting who looks like a billion dollar lawyer but has never done anything more than get parking tickets before a judge, will choose the latter.
But his first choice is someone who loudly sings the praises of Donald J. Trump, the bestest, most popular, most patriotic President who ever was or ever will be.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:11 pm
► Show Spoiler
I wonder if there's a reason he's skipping the makeup.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:10 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:11 pm
► Show Spoiler
I wonder if there's a reason he's skipping the makeup.
I've only ever seen him wear white for golfing, and all of the pics I've see of him makeupless had him wearing white, so I suspect he may forego makeup when he goes golfing. Maybe he just works up too much of a sweat riding in his golf carts and doesn't want to get orange all over his pretty white shirts or hats.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”