Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
much ado

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by much ado »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:33 pm
Just trying to piece together the snippets of statements Trump is making to various right wing outlets, it looks like they are going to say that Trump had a “standing order” that all documents he took to the residence as president were automatically declassified, and that …

… standing order then applied to all documents he removed to Mar-a-Lago, essentially counting that as the equivalent to the WH residence.
That's actually kind of funny.
Chilidog

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:24 pm
Trump’s attorney says she has advised him that if he just says he won’t run for president, all these investigations and charges will go away and be dropped.
ELL. OH. ELL.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Statement from Trump Office: As we can all relate to, everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time… He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified..
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Windsor Mann

@WindsorMann
Trump takes more pains to hide his tax returns than classified info about nuclear weapons.
8:51 AM · Aug 12, 2022·Twitter Web App
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump rolling out a defense that he often liked to bring home with him at the end of the day reams of intelligence reports and classified documents so he could read and study them at night is somewhat difficult to believe. Maybe I’m being too cynical, though.
:rimshot:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This guy won't get invited back to Fox any time in the future, but I really copied it for the response tweet below the Fox clip. :rotflmao:

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

These tweets would confirm my speculations i made further upthread, how papers ended up in the residence :cantlook: :doh:

But I still have difficulty to understand how WH staff would routinely "declassify" without adhering to the correct process.

Considering that impotus would use his personal phone without any oversight it is not a far stretch to assume that very sensitive information may have reached thankful recipients around the globe.
much ado

Post by much ado »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:53 pm These tweets would confirm my speculations i made further upthread, how papers ended up in the residence :cantlook: :doh:

But I still have difficulty to understand how WH staff would routinely "declassify" without adhering to the correct process.

Considering that impotus would use his personal phone without any oversight it is not a far stretch to assume that very sensitive information may have reached thankful recipients around the globe.
White House staff do not have the authority to declassify; only the President himself can declassify.

(I wonder, in passing, whether Congress might change this.)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just asked a former senior administration official who would be in a position to know about such a thing and they had absolutely no idea what this report is talking about
I think right now there's lots of spaghetti getting tossed on the wall to see what sticks.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RVInit wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:20 pm
Off Topic
I would love to see something like a Change.org demanding that all cable companies that offer packages remove Fox from their lineup until Fox removes the "News" from their logo. That is what I truly object to. Their programming director admits they are not "primarily a news" station. They are down to somewhere in the vicinity of 1-3 hours per day of actual "news" programming - which is programming that they actually CLAIM really is news.
1) False advertising is legal apparently.

2) Ex-PMs unite in Australia in bid to curb power of Murdoch empire

3) Anti-Murdoch petition in Australia gets record public support
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

These Garland/Trump photos are hilarious.
Attachments
DarkGarland.jpg
DarkGarland.jpg (91.14 KiB) Viewed 597 times
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Just checked, he’s got both of them, their kids, ex-wives, whole thing up on Telegram still.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Angry Staffer 🌻
@Angry_Staffer
·
Follow
I don’t think it’s a mole. I think a secret service agent realized Trump’s team wasn’t being truthful and they were refusing to comply with a lawful subpoena and reported it.

I also still think Meadows is talking.
8:50 PM · Aug 12, 2022
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:24 pm
Trump’s attorney says she has advised him that if he just says he won’t run for president, all these investigations and charges will go away and be dropped.
Dream on.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The documents are declassified once they pass the rim threshold in the toilet
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ruhle: I called a former member of his administration when this news came out and they laughed me off the phone.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:25 pm
Trump rolling out a defense that he often liked to bring home with him at the end of the day reams of intelligence reports and classified documents so he could read and study them at night is somewhat difficult to believe. Maybe I’m being too cynical, though.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: OMG! He thinks we'll buy the idea he READS stuff? What, did someone rewrite the classified documents into bullet lists with pictures like they had to do with his Daily Briefing? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:38 pm That said the Jim Muise of the Freedumb NEVERLUTIONARY Guard facebook group has a good theory...
Saudi Arabia has been working on a nuke program.
Saudi Arabia wants to blow up Israel and Iran.
Saudi Arabia “loaned” Kushner $2 billion
Saudi Arabia owns big chunks of Trumpty Tower and other properties
Saudi Arabia
Remember when this goes forward the chuckle buckets are doing this for Saudi Arabia.

Ya know, it doesn’t have to be “how to make a bomb” book. Hell, I sent Foggy one of those a few years ago.

It could be information about Israel’s nuke capabilities. You can bet Saudi Arabia would be interested in that.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
bob

Post by bob »

In retrospect, maybe bragging about the FBI raiding your house searching your hotel wasn't the best publicity move.
Image ImageImage
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Fred Wellman
@FPWellman
I think everyone is sleeping on the fact that before they got the warrants the DOJ was given surveillance footage of the rooms in which the documents were stored.
They got video of who looked at them THEN went in.
Chew on what that implies for a second. It tastes like treason.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

The excuse that documents ended up being in the residence as “homework” is a sloppy reworking of the truth that they were taken there because tfg couldn’t be bothered to leave the residence and actually do the everyday work required of a President (and his staff were useless at their jobs).
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

A Stonekettle “essay” about the probable impacts of tfg having unsecured documents:

https://www.stonekettle.com/2022/08/loo ... ships.html
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

That's interesting - there really aren't any charges yet, are there? Are you expecting charges? How can charges be dropped if they are never filed? :think:
Katie Porter '28

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”