Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Slim Cognito »

Azastan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:13 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:02 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:38 pm Pro tip: Do not target FBI agents, not even for tfg. :?
Unlike IRS agents, they are armed and trained in shooting rather than accounting
One of my sisters worked for the IRS as an agent. Her husband was an IRS Special Agent in the Criminal Investigation division. He was armed and knew how to use his weapon (and yes, he had an MBA).
Azastan beat me to it but I was going to say my younger brother was a federal probation officer and the IRS had a criminal division in their building. He also told me that the worst possible government agency to fuck with was the IRS.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by RTH10260 »

RVInit wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:59 pm Interesting note: Kash Patel and John Solomon were put on a list of official representatives for Trump's records. He updated that list on Jan 19, his last day in office. Very interesting.

And, I don't think you can just wave a magic wand over a box and say everything in this box is hereby declassified. There is a process. And all of the agencies that deal with the information have to be notified of declassification, and there are declassification markings and dates placed on documents when the contents are declassified. So, if he did not go through the actual process of formally declassifying the documents and informing the various agencies that these are declassified, I don't think they actually are officially declassified.
Of course you can, you just smear your bloodied thumb fingerprint over the stuff, et voila! :twisted:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Okay, so lemme get this straight. tfg begged the feds over and over to take all that stuff off his hands. Stuff he never should have had. BEGGED. Huh?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

SSA = Supervisory Special Agent (GS-14). Special Agents are GS-05 thru GS-13. The boss is taking special care on these documents.

(edit to correct GS #s)
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:44 pm
RVInit wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:59 pm Interesting note: Kash Patel and John Solomon were put on a list of official representatives for Trump's records. He updated that list on Jan 19, his last day in office. Very interesting.

And, I don't think you can just wave a magic wand over a box and say everything in this box is hereby declassified. There is a process. And all of the agencies that deal with the information have to be notified of declassification, and there are declassification markings and dates placed on documents when the contents are declassified. So, if he did not go through the actual process of formally declassifying the documents and informing the various agencies that these are declassified, I don't think they actually are officially declassified.
Of course you can, you just smear your bloodied ketchup thumb fingerprint over the stuff, et voila! :oldlady:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and another thing ... if you think about the timeline, his last big chance at pulling off a coup was the little kerfuffle on J6 that he may have tried to join, but it got a little messy and it was a long day and he needed some sleep, so he didn't know for sure that it didn't work until January 7th.

But then he had to move out of the White House by January 20th! So he didn't have even two whole weeks to decide what to steal! Do you think that's fair, putting that kind of time pressure on the President of the United States? Never happened to any other president before!
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

A while back I posed a stupid question about whether a Secret Service agent should report the president is doing, say, heavy-duty Adderall and was told, no, the Secret Service has just one job-protecting whoever they're protecting.

But could it have been a Secret Service agent who ratted out the illegal document stash to DOJ/FBI?
realist

Post by realist »

You are correct, you can't just wave a magic wand and declare documents unclassfied or declassified.

Though I don't believe it legally matters. None of the 3 laws he's accused of breaking turn on whether they are classified or not. They don't mention classified or declassified.
Image X 4
Image X 33
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just spitballing again, but if the DOJ/FBI knew what kind of documents tfg had there, and the potential for serious consequences if some bad actor got a hold of them, they would have planted someone inside MAL to keep an eye on things?

Haven't see the link yet, but CNN reporting on air that Kash Patel is saying that it's all the GSA's fault to delivering the wrong stuff to MAL, but GSA is not taking that statement lying down.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump’s attorney says she has advised him that if he just says he won’t run for president, all these investigations and charges will go away and be dropped.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:15 pm But could it have been a Secret Service agent who ratted out the illegal document stash to DOJ/FBI?
It would be irresponsible not to speculate. :mrgreen: Or maybe the staff ... or Barron ... or hell, it could be Obama spying on him with miniature insect flying drones from DARPA. :eek:

They could be anywhere, Donnie boy! No place is safe,
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:27 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:15 pm But could it have been a Secret Service agent who ratted out the illegal document stash to DOJ/FBI?
It would be irresponsible not to speculate. :mrgreen: Or maybe the staff ... or Barron ... or hell, it could be Obama spying on him with miniature insect flying drones from DARPA. :eek:
► Show Spoiler
They could be anywhere, Donnie boy! No place is safe,
I hate speculating. But this time couldn't resist.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:24 pm
Trump’s attorney says she has advised him that if he just says he won’t run for president, all these investigations and charges will go away and be dropped.
Because this sophistry played so well when Don Jr. used it in the summer of 2020 to say "Mark my words, the day after the election, COVID will just magically go away."

The people could not find their way out of a wet paper bag.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Preserve Your Documents.jpg
Preserve Your Documents.jpg (120.19 KiB) Viewed 596 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Miller: Donald J. Trump is the classifying authority! So for some upset angry Democrat deep stater at the national archives who is searching for their moment of meaning in life…
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

It was only a matter of time....
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:43 pm It was only a matter of time....
I've been checking every ten minutes....
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:27 pm Image
That house fly looks like it has a tiny signal transceiver of some sort instead of a proboscis, but it's really a deadly Jewish laser beam emitter that can kill you in milliseconds. You didn't think those were only in space, did you? :doh:

And the dung beetle at bottom left would scare Darth Vader. :shock:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I know it’s not a popular notion but I still find the idea that it was simply an excess of hubris* that made tfg act as he did quite enjoyable. :mrgreen:

*(in Greek tragedy) excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:49 pm

And the dung beetle at bottom left would scare Darth Vader. :shock:
It should scare you, it's actually a rhinoceros beetle (they are a subfamily of beetles of the scarab beetle family, though).
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:oopsy:

I don't know beetles. :bag:

I had a good day today. :biggrin:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I keep coming back to this.

What if Roger Stone was involved in MacronLeaks?

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 7.0_10.pdf
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just trying to piece together the snippets of statements Trump is making to various right wing outlets, it looks like they are going to say that Trump had a “standing order” that all documents he took to the residence as president were automatically declassified, and that …

… standing order then applied to all documents he removed to Mar-a-Lago, essentially counting that as the equivalent to the WH residence.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”